It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Halts NYC Bio-Attack Protection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

DHS Halts NYC Bio-Attack Protection

www.newsmax.com

The Department of Homeland Security is halting a pilot program designed to detect a biological weapons attack in New York City's subways.

U.S. officials cited technical problems in disclosing that the warning system would be dismantled.

Under an earlier program, BioWatch, the federal government in 2003 installed air samplers in more than 30 U.S. cities — including New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston and Washington, D.C. — to detect the release of such biological weapons as anthrax spores and smallpox viruses. The program was created in response to increased biological weapons f
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
So, they are halting this new detection system in new York City because they claim it is malfunctioning. Even though the old system is still working, it requires to manually take the filters out, and to test them in a lab to find proof of any possible biological attack, or to be able to be warned of a possible new disease spreading, which would take about 30 hours to get the results of the tests.

I could be wrong, but to me this is the sort of information that should not be made available because it is clearly showing to anyone interested in attacking us, that the system is down, and the old system is pretty much worthless.

Doesn't anyone else think the same, or am I missing something here?

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-5-2009 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

Or on the other hand they are doing it all intentional for they have intelligence which suggest an attack and there only trying to speed up the date for some unknown reason.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I agree, if they're doingaway with the program it's because they know something we don't and it's usually not something in our best interests.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Glad I'm nowhere near NYC.

Yep, I see an attack coming, i'm surprised we haven't had one yet in all honesty.

Even jihadists have proposed ideas of take anthrax in suitcases up through mexico into the US, and planting them around.

I mean thats not farfetched at all, we have 1,000s of illegal immigrants carrying hundreds of pounds of Self SNIP, up through the border, then selling it!

Its just a sit back and wait type of thing, which sucks.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
They have always known more than they have let on...

Operation "Big City"

Bio weapons vector analysis and efficacy have been tested since the 1950's.

The army filmed their tests....

enjoy

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
In the 21st century its near enough impossible for coherent intelligence agencies to not foil attacks of this nature.So i also see an attack in the future.Either that or they have figured out the public just isnt falling for such diatribe and they thought the money would be better spent on evil baby eating communists propaganda or something...the new and improved boogeyman.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Solomons]

top topics

join