It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporting a UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
On Tuesday May 12th, 2009 at approximately 1:30AM Australian Eastern Standard Time, Sydney, I witnessed an extremely bright glowing unidentified flying object shoot through the sky at high velocity, short trail was visible behind the object, heading towards the horizon directly east. It was disc/oval shaped and disappeared/vanished just as it was closing in on the horizon.

It may very well be a shooting star however, I would like to know if there is any info from meteor shower forecasts or if it's a scheduled re-entry of an orbit decaying satellite, just to be sure.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There was Eta Aquarids meteor shower which is associated with Halleys comet, that was due to peak on the 6th of may.
But you dont need to have a shower to see a meteor, it does sound like that was what you saw but i cant say that for sure.

edit to add:
Also the Arietids shower is due to start around the end of may to go through June, but are seen less

[edit on 11-5-2009 by pazcat]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Yeah meteors come in all shapes and sizes. I think the coolest one I've seen yet was a huge bright blue one that exploded in the sky and I could actually hear it. Was so cool.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Do you have a local UFO reporting site? I'd check that up too if anyone else reported it, and to make your office report.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
There are hotlines and contact details of several independent researchers across Australia. I do not feel what I've witnessed is impressive or detailed enough to warrant thorough investigation.

UFO Hotlines - www.ufoinfo.com
UFO Organizations in Australia - www.ufoinfo.com

top topics

join