It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I cant place an AVATAR

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Try as i may i just cannot post an avatar under my name i cannot believe why this should be so hard? seems most everyone on here has one . HELP

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
its the link correct?theres no idea to put certain words in captial in the title. Most people don't respond to "LETS PUT MY TITLE IN CAPITALS SO YOU CAN SEE". Sometimes the image, might not be on the site so i would recommend downloading it or another one, upload it and bingo!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
You have an incorrect URL. Go to Control Panel. Click "Edit Profile". Enter the correct URL.

For example: www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 4/27/2004 by Bangin]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
you are trying to use this URL for your avatar:

htmlwww.abovetopsecret.com...

it should be: www.abovetopsecret.com...

BUT that pic is WAY too big. Please take a look at the signature and avatar guidelines:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Upload your image and put the file name at the end of this address.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by parker
Try as i may i just cannot post an avatar under my name i cannot believe why this should be so hard? seems most everyone on here has one . HELP

Hi parker!!

Have you tried using DJDOHBOY's excellent tutorials to help? Look at the black tabs - "tutorials" is between "faq" and "recent posts" - might be worth a look-see?

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
i uploaded my image lets have a look and see if this worked. Thank you by the way for the direction to the tutorial. Never noticed it before. Quite informative

vir fidelis

Edit:: didnt work.. back to the drawing board

Edit::rather then post again ill edit here ....File Size: 30.5 KB (31,293 bytes)
Type: JPEG Image

its located :www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by Aero]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aero

Edit:: didnt work.. back to the drawing board

Sorry to hear that Aero

What file size is your avatar? What format is it? What are its' dimensions?

I'm sure someone here will be able to offer you advice about how to do this!! Fear not!

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by parker

Hi parker!

According to the properties on your avatar, it reads

htmlwww.abovetopsecret.com...

Remove the "html" at the front of the URL - that certainly isn't helping...

EDIT: Also, the address seems to include an ATS gif. Try uploading your own avatar or find a suitable one on the Internet perhaps?? Good luck!

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by Genya]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Hi Parker...if you want to send me the image that you want as your avatar I will upload it to my server and give you the URL then all you have to do it cut and paste it in the "edit" part of your profile...if this interests you send me a U2U and were in business

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Thank you all!! for the great help in this area. I know you must get really tierd of people asking this, and yet you all rallied to help me. I am honored to belong to a site were people are willing to help other people, With no personal gain to be made of it. I will try all your suggestions.
Thank you. Parker

[Edited on 1-5-2004 by parker]

top topics

join