It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs Your Phone Is Tapped?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Have you possibly recently changed your internet router, your wireless modem, gotten new neighbors that may have...

sometimes the wireless G-band and B-band will interfere with cordless phones in the 2.4 GHz range

N-Band will sometimes affect 5.8 GHz

loom for something of this nature

Probably not being spied on...but you never know. I push my luck by adding in certain words in EVERY conversation like president, White House, Terrorist, assassination, etc...sometimes in rapid fire succession just to catch the monitors...then I complain about my genital warts...or how the last woman cut my hair smelled. You know, if they are listening, make them want to seek other employment.

Set 'em up...look in the newspaper for a wedding, or a Bar Mitzvah...call a buddy...talk about the secret meeting, job, hit, whatever at that place and time...he he he.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

If you suspect your phone might be tapped then just call your mother and try to have the most boring conversation ever for as long as you can.Make them earn their money.
Anytime I have suspected my phone was tapped I just make it a point to mention it on the phone to whoever I am talking to and then I crack as many jokes as I can think of.When I say bye at the end...I also say bye to the little spooky people as well just for fun.
It helps keep the morale on the upside.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Im sorry, I do not agree with the 'beeps, pops and electronic noise' being an indication of being tapped. That is HollyWood BS.

You will not know your line is being tapped. In fact! Your line is tapped thanks to the last three presidents and Carnivore and Echelon. Yes, good ole PBS had a nice long episode about it, pretty much explaining, that everyones phone is now tapped.

If you are using a cordless phone, then anyone and everyone can hear you talking on it. Why would the government spend all that money on tapps, when they can simply get a cheap scanner and listen to your cordless?

Like the OP said, She is BORING! Move on with your life and dont worry about it. If you are living right and not purposely breaking laws, you have nothing to worry about.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

Please note that solar flares and other types of solar or space radiation can and have caused satellites to have problems - in some cases knocking them out altogether. Additionally the solar wind can affect the location/position of satellites. This has already happened to some of the GPS satellites that are circling our planet. The wind causes a slow drag to occur on the sat's.

It is possible that the sounds you are concerned with are generated by the satellite equipment trying to keep a "lock" on the communications signal(s) - a sort of "ping" to ensure the best signal "lock".

If this was POTS, then it would be easier to detect a tap. On any other type of line the tap would be next to impossible to detect. They don't use the same methods to record your line as they would have been in the past.

Does your neighbor have the same satellite based communications? If so do they hear the same sounds?

Also try a regular $10 phone from Radio Shack that is NOT wireless.

As far as your telephone interacting with Wi-Fi - that seems to only apply to cordless phones on the 2.4 Ghz range. That's the same frequency that Wi-Fi uses. You said that you are 5.8 Ghz.

5.8 phone also have a very good transmission range. I can talk from my 5.8 cordless from down my block at my friends house (1500+ feet) and not have any signal loss.

My 2 cents

-EyesII

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver
Im sorry, I do not agree with the 'beeps, pops and electronic noise' being an indication of being tapped. That is HollyWood BS.

That's what I think.

My father used to work for Bell and did a lot of work in telephone systems (I'm talking late 70's into the 80's and early 90's) and worked specifically on a great deal of the basic phone niceties we take for granted today. Well, so I am lead to believe by him (not as bad as a friend-of-a-friend but still only his word)

Because we always had these technologies at our home a good few years earlier than most people for testing and metrics (like *69, caller display, etc), I asked my father about if our phone was/could be tapped by Bell. He said it wasn't but if it was, we'd never know about it. It was nothing like hollywood or the films where you hear taps and clicks and so on. It was far more advanced and far simpler than physical devcies added to the line or phone itself.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by arcnaver

You will not know your line is being tapped. In fact! Your line is tapped thanks to the last three presidents and Carnivore and Echelon. Yes, good ole PBS had a nice long episode about it, pretty much explaining, that everyones phone is now tapped.

Carnivore (or DCS-1000) is an antiquated (by technological standards) and has been decommissioned. Furthermore, it was solely an inline device for gathering text (typed) transmissions between ISP's pipelines and their customers by the FBI.

Carnivore never had the capacity, logistics, nor the algorithmic capability for disseminating packets that contained codecs.

AB1

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesII

Please note that solar flares and other types of solar or space radiation can and have caused satellites to have problems - in some cases knocking them out altogether. Additionally the solar wind can affect the location/position of satellites. This has already happened to some of the GPS satellites that are circling our planet. The wind causes a slow drag to occur on the sat's.

Most assuredly! But this would be more an intermittent problem than a constant problem, which would be why I would consider something more terrestrial before I would look toward cosmic influence.

If this was POTS, then it would be easier to detect a tap. On any other type of line the tap would be next to impossible to detect. They don't use the same methods to record your line as they would have been in the past.

For those who don't already know it, POTS refers to Plain Old Telephone Service (which indicates an analog line, not a newer digital line).
This would not necessarily be true. If anyone were wiretapping a POTS line, and the equipment they were using were voice activated AND put a resistance on the line, then yes it would be easy to detect. However, if the wiretapping were a constantly recording device (capable today with advanced electronics and digital recording systems) then the target would be none the wiser, POTS line or not.

As far as your telephone interacting with Wi-Fi - that seems to only apply to cordless phones on the 2.4 Ghz range. That's the same frequency that Wi-Fi uses. You said that you are 5.8 Ghz.

While you're absolutely right, 802.11n operates on the 2.4 GHz frequency, this is not true of 802.11a, which operates on the 5 GHz frequency. So depending on IF you use wireless, and IF you decide to choose to use solely 802.11a and IF your phone is a 5.8 GHz, then clearly the wireless router and the phone could be in conflict at times.

5.8 phone also have a very good transmission range. I can talk from my 5.8 cordless from down my block at my friends house (1500+ feet) and not have any signal loss.

Absolutely! The phones are great, but as far as wireless routers go, like I said earlier, their ability to have a consistent data stream while attempting to propogate objects like walls and floors are the pits. Which is probably good for anyone who uses a 5.8 phone.

AB1

[edit on 12-5-2009 by alphabetaone]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

AshleyD, I know you have stated before in your posts here you're not "paranoid" but have you really dug deeply into the methods of how and what the Government listens for when they listen to you phone calls?

The World-Wide Web of Surveillance of Your Online/Offline Activities

Take a look at that thread, specifically the first post, on that page.

I had thought maybe you might pick up on it in my signature after the first day of trading posts back and forth here, and when you didn't ask about it, I felt it might be better to post about it here for your education as well as other ATS'ers.

I am not stating nor implying you are or are not the recipient of a phone tap for any of the reasons I have stated on the thread above, but, how do you think it all starts to begin with?

As a phone tap. E-mail intercept/monitor.

Your friend could be tapped, and they choose you as the next target because of them.

The list goes on and on and is endless how it might have started.

Have a look at my thread there and let me know what you think about it.

It's about information databases, which is another way phone taps are started.

And, AshleyD, I don't necessarily call myself "paranoid", just heavily motivated to be educated.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

why hasn't her thread been closed and reverted to one of the few previous ATS threads?

i know when i start a thread without using search they catch me in a few posts and close it, and link me to the other threads...

maybe because she's a Mod?.......

[edit on 12-5-2009 by adrenochrome]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

Honestly, I can't answer that question for you.

You will have to ask her, or another Moderator.

I'm not an employee of ATS.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Usually after your phone is "untapped" the line will go dead and you'll have to contact the phone company to get your line going again.

At least that's what happened when my home phone was tapped. And don't ask me why it was tapped. It wasn't cause of anything illegal though I'll tell you that much.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by adrenochrome

The last post in that thread was Dec 2008, it wasn't an "active" thread.

We close duplicate threads that are caught in a reasonable amount of time. usually 24 hours or so ( I think ). If a duplicate thread is caught by staff we'll close it and re-direct.

Nothing going on here. It's not open just because she's a mod.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I guess I could mention this. It was part of the "screening" process when "trying out" for a certain agency.

[edit on 5/12/2009 by thehumbleone]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
So AshleyD, I would not worry about your line being tapped. You don't seem like the type that would be a cause for concern.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Hi there Ashley D you must contact your service provider first so they can do a simple copper line test to rule out any earth or battery faults on your line (thats asuming your not using a fibre network) which can cause clicking on your line, Is the clicking intermittent or continuos? is your broadband dropping out? is there any crackle or humm on your line? these are just some of the things you have to rule out before you can look at your line being tapped, hope this helps

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Nowadays, when they want to tap someones phone, they don't place taps on the actual phone itself. Armed with an authorization from a Judge, the FBI or other law enforcement officer would have to go to the phone company's Security Cognizant Officer and have them turn on a recording device at the phone company's building where this could be done remotely, in the case of landlines. It is slightly different in the case of cell phone calls. So they wouldn't have to do this to your phone itself. However, if a regular business or an individual was recording the phone conversation for 'quality control' or normal business, by law they would either have to let you know verbally or by having a beeping noise go off, if the phone call is taking place in a State that requires two party notification if the phonecall is to be recorded. However, that is not the case in states where there is just a one party rule. The one party rule allows even individuals such as myself to record the phone conversation without letting the other party to it know, as long as I'm the other party to the phone call. This is legal as long as you are NOT going to use the recorded phone call to aid in perpetrating a crime.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I was just about to start a thread about the same thing, good thing I found this thread. I went to call a friend from my cell phone the other day and instead of a ring, it sounded like a little bit of static and two protracted beeps (very VERY different from a buzy signal). This only lasted a few seconds as I hung up completely surprised. I tried calling them back right away and it went through without incident. This was a cell phone, not a cordless or land line. I was wondering what the significance of that would be.

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hey AshleyD,

Did you ever get to bottom of your phone troubles?

I just saw this thread and thought it was of interest.

Warrantless wiretaps just the tip of the (classified) iceberg

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I get click ... a few minutes into a coversation... not every call but just about.

[edit on 15-7-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Jul, 15 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I think you could check about the line connectors , when its a bit loose on the connectors, you can hear some interferencies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join