It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs Your Phone Is Tapped?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
I worded it like that because I wanted the members to know my problem is genuine yet I am also a simple person and not someone filled with delusions of grandeur or that I'm a badass one-woman corrupt government overthrowing Rambo who thinks everyone is out to get me because I'm just so awesome.

Funny, during the phone conversations I have listened in on you say exactly this. Fear not, Comrade President has been well apprised of your attitude.

I disconnected my land line awhile ago as I no longer used it and the reception in my home using portables was horrendous. Mine also made strange noises on occasion and had a background hum when it was in use. It may have had something to do with the age of my home and its construction.......or maybe not......

Save me a seat at the gulag.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have the same problem with my cellphone. When I'm talking on it, it sounds like there is a second set of voices on the other end while I'm waiting for the person that I'm calling to answer there phone.

I also hear weird noises that sound like they could be from some alien movie from the year 2130.

Maybe everyone's phone really is tapped.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Well, I'm gonna throw some gas on this fire...

Yeah. You may be. We were (for good reason..)

Back during Bush 1, here in dallas at the State Fair grounds, GHB was dedicating a Vietnam Memorial to our fallen.

I was across the street at a friends bookstore. The entire area is VERY bohemian (i.e. non-conformist, freespirit, slightly crazy (good way), music art area).

In the days leading up to the visit, the phones in the area would have these "beeps" at regular intervals. We were fairly certain we had all been tapped. Good reason. Security! I would have if I were in charge of the Pres's security detail. WE WERE ACROSS THE STREET FOR GODS SAKE!

A few days after the visit, no more beeps.

Yeah, probably. Those were different days though.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Thank you very much to EVERYONE for your advice, input, suggestions, personal stories, and tips. I'm going to call my phone company in the morning and see if they can help in any ways.

Thanks again for putting up with me. lol

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Would you be more paranoid if (as some of my deaf friends pointed out) someone was monitoring you on your video phone?

You think you have it bad? Try the video phone like I have. Someone was telling me that the red led light that is on sometimes on my VP means "they" are watching me.

Now, do you think you have it bad?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Now, AshleyD, if you suggest to the phone company, that you suspect your phone is being tapped, the person on the other end of the phone is going to be circling his or her ear with their index finger and pointing at their headset to another co-worker.

They will suggest you try a different phone, for any "interference" you might be having.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
My aunt has been most likely tapped for years. For no damned good reason, she is probably the most harmless type of person your mind could conjure up....there has been stuff going on with my grandpa related to town politics or something but I won't go into that here. I am not involved with any of it nor do I even know the first thing about whatever the hell he got into, but have seen the effects of it on my family for years and most of us have nothing to do with anything either, so it ticks me off.
But anyway, my aunt (his daughter) has been tapped for years. I believe so anyhow. I always wondered why she would be but recently started to realize why....he calls her numerous times daily and always has. She is the one living closest to him out of all the kids he had, she is a nurse and she cleans for him, takes care of him when he gets health problems, etc. Whatever, anyhow...

She's been broken into twice, (that she knows of) but nothing stolen.
Hears noises, loud beeping numerous times per phone call, clicking, has all sorts of interference all the freaking time.
The red light on the phone will stay on after her phone calls are over, as though the extension is still in use. She's heard a mans voice on the phone a number of times that was NOT the person she was talking to. Everybody who talks to her on the phone has heard weird stuff, beeps, clicks, this that, whatever.
ALL of this has continued after she's moved to several different places, bought new phones (and she has never owned a cordless btw), complained to and switched companies, switched her phone numbers, had them blocked for caller display and unlisted, etc etc.
No matter where she's moved, what new phone she's bought, she has always had a large number of calls where she picks up and nobody is there, and then 30 seconds later she hears someone hang up.
There's a ton of stuff I could go on about, it's gone on for years, so yeh, I dunno. I used to think she was paranoid, but its been so persistent and everybody who calls her has noticed stuff.

Anyway, my boyfriend started having the same problem with his phone line. I dunno if its because he was now talking to me regularly or what, but the thing is I've never thought my own home phone to be tapped or seen any signs so that doesn't make sense, maybe.
The thing is, after constant trouble with beeps and the line being 'in use' when it clearly wasn't by anyone in the house, and all the other stuff, we just started thinking that phones just always do this, its normal, we're being paranoid - until one day he didn't hang up the phone after I hung up, and kept listening, pressing the mute button. He heard two guys laughing and joking and talking, and then somebody list off some numbers and and say a few random other things about some 'code'. He then decided to try and talk to them, and as soon as he did, he heard "Oh.." and then click, they were gone. I was a bit skeptical...

I went to visit him, called home one day, and then after my mom hung up, listened....and heard a guy, this time it sounded like only one person was saying something to somebody I couldn't hear though....and that was enough verification for me.

We've had our fun taunting them and just acting like we know who they are, know they are listening, and know where they live and what not lol... but really it's annoying to think we don't have privacy.

The thing is guys....if somebody is tapping my boyfriend...umm...they're really wasting their time. And I'm sure they KNOW he isn't a gold mine of special information or leads to crime conspiracies lol....so my guess is that it's REALLY easy to tap anyone, doesn't cost much money, and they probably do it to a LOT of people....and there doesn't have to be any special reason. Just maybe one small detail, like knowing the wrong person, and they just say, 'hey why not tap this guy, just in case...' or whatever.

My friend in Tennessee became friends with a guy working for some sort of US intelligence organization (I forget the right term) and he proved to her how easy it was to listen in on anyone's calls, collect info on them, and so on, by actually survielling her at her request. What he found out and told her he knew, and some of the things he did without her having a clue, blew her mind.
Obviously it doesn't take much resources, money, or much special effort to do if he was able to do that on a whim, to prove something to a friend...and obviously he had the freedom to just up and do that to anyone he pleased (that, or he's going to lose his job now for it lol)
I could go into the details of that here but this is absurdly long enough, maybe later, if anyone cares lol..

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Which one would you rather have?

Someone listening to your conversation...

or...

Someone WATCHING you?

Sorry, I understand your paranoia.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Deaf Alien]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
If you don't know what Hoi Polloi, the boring but slighting engaged people, are doing then you don't know anything worthwhile about your citizens.

Exactly how BORING would that job be? Like DAMN. I kind of feel sorry for them.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Things to do for fun. Use special words to mean totally other things. Man that's the BOMB!

Be totally oblivious, in safe locations. Hard to annoy someone with stalking when they don't notice it. Hypervigilance can be your enemy.

Stalk your stalker. Just start following someone around that you think has been following you for a bit. Quite the lark. Did this to a bylaw officer who was misusing his authority during a campaign I was involved with. I was only seriously annoyed with him about his idiocy. But when I showed up at an event he was coming out of when he was in plain clothes, the dear man just about leapt out of his ever loving skin. Ah. The fun.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Oh my goodness. That does seem rough! Then again, they'd see me in the morning without make up and resign. Problem solved.

And gosh darn it. I'm not 'paranoid.'
Just trying to figure out what's going on. I'm being very open to all angles and admit it could be nothing. Just trying to make sure either way. You guys are a big help.

reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Yes, thanks. I wasn't going to say something like, 'ZOMG! The spooks are after me. You guys have to do something!' lol I was just going to innocently mention the taps and beeps and ask them what they believe it means, what can be done to fix it, etc. I'm just being more open about it with you guys. lol

reply to post by phoebeflakes

That's pretty upsetting but thank you very much for sharing your story.

reply to post by Aeons

That sounds like good old fashioned fun. lol Fortunately nothing like that is happening. Nobody is parked outside my house or following me around when I shop. So thank goodness it's just on my home phone and that's all. I haven't seen any thing in person.

Anyways, thanks for everyone's help. You guys gave me some great advice. I'll be calling the phone company tomorrow and looking into another bit of advice someone sent me in u2u. I really appreciate nobody ridiculing me. I was really worried about that when making this thread. lol I swear I'm not the type who thinks everyone is out to get me. lol

[edit on 5/12/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Stalk your stalker. Just start following someone around that you think has been following you for a bit. Quite the lark. Did this to a bylaw officer who was misusing his authority during a campaign I was involved with. I was only seriously annoyed with him about his idiocy. But when I showed up at an event he was coming out of when he was in plain clothes, the dear man just about leapt out of his ever loving skin. Ah. The fun.

HAH...ok that's brilliant...provided it doesn't get somebody in too much crap with some kind of dangerous/hostile person that takes it way too seriously.....
But now I kind of want to be stalked just to try that lol...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
If your phone is being tapped get your husband to ring you and spend an hour making sexy ooohs and ahhs to each other. Then, before you hang up, tell the phone tappers that was for their benefit, as you were worried you'd been boring them.

The bips on my line stopped after I did that.
Well, not quite that. I don't even know your husband. I really don't. promise.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Hey SpartanKingLeonidas. Thanks for that info. I had a feeling that I was tapped. Guess I was right.... Can the people that are tapping your phone turn it off remotely? I had that happen last week when I was talking to someone. It had a 100% battery chanrge so I know it was not that...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The organizations you belong to also happen to be ones three quarters of the people involved in surveillance belong to as well. If you were against guns and promoted abortion, on the other hand, your risks of being tapped would probably increase.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Its more easy to use the microphone in your cellphone for passive surveillance, beware its not enough to switch off the cellphone you have to remove the batteries aswell. Everything phone today is digital so if the agent is not sitting close to your landline there should be no clicking (analog) noise on your regular phone. The FBI have a very effective way to eavesdrop on landline, cellphone, sms: DCSnet.

Take care

p.s Make your friends use internet phone instead and encrypt all conversation using Zimmermans PGP. No one can then tell what you are talking about but can still build a sociogram since they know when and who you were talking with. I use gpg for email, just because i like privacy.

[edit on 2009/5/12 by reugen]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It's a bit of a myth that you can hear noises on the line, when a phone is tapped.

I've tapped many phones in the past, and you really can't tell that the tap is there. No auditory clues, any way.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Dear Ashley,
Ever since the invention of the telephone, there has never, ever, been any such thing as a Private telephone conversation.
This has not meant that every call has been monitored, simply, that any call could have been monitored, or these days, recorded.
The simplest solution is not to ever discuss anything important on the telephone or email,that you would not be prepared to speak about in public.

Kindest Regards,

Horsegiver.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but a long time ago someone told me you dial 200-200-200-200. and it should read you back your own phone # in an automated voice (this does work, I have done it). Now, supposedly if it doesn't work you are being tapped (never happened to me)

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

it could be just interference
- esp. with all the many cordless electronics going around.... u know = interfering with each other, etc... or u need to get the phone line fixed outside...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join