It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs Your Phone Is Tapped?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I'm highly confident it's an interference issue with your wireless phones. You might try changing the channel when that happens (I bet there's a "channel" button on the handsets). It could be caused by a lot of things. You've probably noticed if you're in a room with a microwave running, it really messes up the transmission.

You can probably buy a really cheap plug-in phone (like under $10) just to check, too.

If the government was tapping your phone, you'd never know. So when the clicking and noises stop...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
everyone's phone is tapped: has been for years!! Bush said it himself.. or just watch Emeny of the State!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The history of telephone tapping is an interesting and fascinating one if you know where to get the information.

Keep on going with this thread.

Just put the search words, "phone tapped" into any search engine, Google, Yahoo, Ask.

Of course, this only puts you on a different list.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hi Ashley, I think a mot of what "booda" was saying is quite relevant here.

I too have strange "goings-on" with my phone....static, clicks, ticks and occasionally a REALLY annoying burst of feedback.

The most interesting one though, is if I listen to my phone with a normal dialing tone ringing while I'm on the internet, there's a deffinate sound (deep tick) every time something on the screen gets highlighted...buttons, menus etc.

Phone (cordless) and internet (adsl) are on the same line...a real pain.

I loose my online connection if there's bad weather or sometimes even when the phone rings....damn those cheap filters!

If you really think your phone is being tapped...whistle and shout down it REALLY LOUD and have peace of mind knowing that you just spilled someone's coffee.

[edit on 11/5/2009 by nerbot]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

That should give people a clue as to how I am- totally harmless. lol

Hmmmmmmmmm........ your naïveté is disturbing. What you believe to be "important" is simply a facade/cover for the "Truth". The question is not if you are of any "worldly" importance...... what is important is if you are of any "spiritual" importance. Don't judge a person (or yourself) by the "world's" standards. That said......

The best way to know if your phones are tapped is to be observant when you go about your daily business. What you want to look for is if you are being followed as in "gang stalked". If so... the tares that are bugging your phone will be where you will say you are going at or before you arrive at your destination.

The "taps/bugs" are probably going to be undetectable by the technology you will have available to sniff out these "taps". You might get lucky if the "game" has just begun. If so... go check your phone box.... crack open your phones.... The technology gets nastier the more you catch on to "them".

Have fun........ welcome to the real world. Ever wonder why Yahushua chose Judas to be with Him at all times? One reason was to take away our excuses/whining about what we have lived with in this "life". Yahushua put the "Judas Bug" in His midst..... a human tare is the ultimate "eyes and ears" surveillance device.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
My landline phone does this. Every single time. Sometimes after I dial I can even hear something in there before it connects, like it's connecting somewhere else first. Weird.

There is a phone company box/station thing across the street from my house. It's about 5 feet high with a hinged door on it. I have wondered if the guys who are always over there are listening. Curious though, they are not over there right now.

None of my cell phones make any funny clicks, beeps, burps, buzzing.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KOGDOG

Thanks, KOGDOG. I do understand that. I worded it like that because I wanted the members to know my problem is genuine yet I am also a simple person and not someone filled with delusions of grandeur or that I'm a badass one-woman corrupt government overthrowing Rambo who thinks everyone is out to get me because I'm just so awesome. lol

When threads like this are started, it's very probable such accusations will be targeted to the OP and I wanted to stress the fact I am by no means one of those types who are so important or have such damaging info or agendas that the government must be after me or what not. I understand what you are saying, though. I just wanted to head off any of those possible accusations in advance by letting everyone know this thread by no means came about via feelings of self importance but by a genuine situation that was making me a bit uncomfortable.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I only notice some beeps and taps when my phone battery is low. Sometimes they can be fully charged and have a bad battery pack.

I would be more concerned with ATS involvement, than you or your husbands group affliliates. That's only my opinion.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

I also agree that touchy electronics are influenced by interfenences of other electronics. In between the signals.

It's funny you brought up micowaves. When I lived in town me and my neighbor had a remote war going on. We could turn the TV channels at each others homes using our DTV remote controls. Our TV's faced the windows. We also learned the signal would bounce off our mirrors.

I dont mean to go off topic but just thought I could relate a signal interference, with a different example.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
When I was in the Army I was an 18C commo guy. If you are using a cordless phone there could be electrical interference or out side interference. Switch the channels if it’s a cordless. If you are talking to just a friends or family on a personal line *IE not at work* and you continue to hear these things it is suspect.

However, if your phone is being tapped you would only hear a soft click when you first pick up the phone and begin your conversation, not through the whole conversation. Unless, you have somehow managed to attract the attention of a 3 world spy agency who uses answering machines to tap phones.

Most likely you’re alright if it persist then just watch what you say!!!!.

Ya like he said a lot of times just switching the channel so to speak fixes the problem. Had a phone one time (cordless) that would pick up other peoples calls and I could listen in. After switching the frequency of the phone it stopped happening.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
When you say tap's what do you mean ?

A basic telephone set contains a transmitter that transfers the caller’s voice. A receiver that amplifies sound from an incoming call.

A rotary or push-button dial.

A ringer or alerter.

And a small assembly of electrical parts, called the antisidetone network, that keeps the caller’s voice from sounding too loud through the receiver.

Ok what i want you to do is as follow's.

Examine your phone.

Does it have the button that you place the handset on after you have ended the call ?

The button that will cut off the call if you tap on it ?

Let me know then we can procede.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by KOGDOG

CUT..
I worded it like that because I wanted the members to know my problem is genuine yet I am also a simple person and not someone filled with delusions of grandeur or that I'm a badass one-woman corrupt government overthrowing Rambo who thinks everyone is out to get me because I'm just so awesome.
CUT...

Well....... if you are not a "badass" then you are most likely "paranoid". You would not be of any interest to the tares unless you really are a "badass". The question is.... "R U a COG in the KOG".... if so.... then you and all COG will be under surveillance. Yes... the tares really do mean it when they say, "you are either with us or against us". You know what you are. "They/tares" know what you are. You will know for certain if your phones are or are not "bugged" by answering "The Question".

Yes..... I am "on topic". Finding a "bug" is very difficult these days. Best bet for answering such a question as to whether of not you are under surveillance is to "know thyself". Are you one of "them"?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Here in Europe there is a number you type into your mobile (cell) to confirm whether its being tapped or not.

I am sure there must be a number in the USA that you can tap into your landline number to see.

With all the intelligent and connected people on ATS, someone must have the info.

I wish you the best in your search and hopefully its just static on the portable!!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
To everyone who mentioned it: I just found the channel button on my phones and am definitely going to press it the next time I'm on the phone to see if it fixes it. Thanks for that advice.

h3akalee: There is a button that says 'Talk.' It's what we have to press to answer or hang up. Then on the 'bases' there are metal prong-looking buttons that will hang up the phone, too, if you simply replace the phone back into the base instead of hanging it up first. Is that what you are asking?

If this helps at all, I was able to find an image of what we have on the net. We have three of these and they come in sets of two phones (as pictured) so it's six phones total but I mostly just use the one in the kitchen and the one on my desk and will sometimes (very rarely) use one of the phones in the master bedroom if a call comes in after I'm in bed. But I mostly use the kitchen or desk phones (and those two 'share' the set base, if that helps).

pics.drugstore.com...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Quick correction. My husband and I are discussing the issue between us here and he corrected me on something I mentioned earlier. He said we do not use the same service for internet and phone. Our internet is through SBC and our phone is through AT&T. Sorry if that confused whoever asked. I mentioned earlier they were both through SBC since I thought they were the same service but it turns out they are not.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Unplug all of your cordless sets except the one for the base unit.

Also, AT&T can be notorious that, when their DS1 switches or E4's have trouble, for re-routing through switching stations at incredible length.

Most people don't realize that at times, you may be calling your neighbor across the street, and the call is being routed, switch to switch from one coast to the other before it makes it to your neighbor.

Again, they're notorious for this when there are problems (usually in the midwest). For them it gets a little hairy there, their computers can't seem to decide if routing a call from NJ to NY makes more sense from NJ to CA to NY, or from NJ to PA to NY.

Especially if this is a new occurence, give it a couple of days, and if it doesn't clear up on it's own, call AT&T and have them talk to their engineering department to put a QOS trace on your line.

AB1

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Quick correction. My husband and I are discussing the issue between us here and he corrected me on something I mentioned earlier. He said we do not use the same service for internet and phone. Our internet is through SBC and our phone is through AT&T. Sorry if that confused whoever asked. I mentioned earlier they were both through SBC since I thought they were the same service but it turns out they are not.

It doesnt matter - change the channel frequency on your wireless settings for your router to a different channel and see if it makes a difference...

theres a free wifi detector tool you can use XIRRUS

www.xirrus.com...

this will tell you if anyone around you is using wireless and what channel they are using....best ones to use are 1, 6 and 11....chose one furthest away from whatever a neighbour etc is using..

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by booda

The better answer here would probably be that, if she IS using wireless, and if she is using 802.11a (which is on the 5 GHz band) to switch over to 802.11n exclusively anyway, as 5 GHz propogates through walls and floors HORRIBLY. A better steadier connection would be obtained through 802.11n

Switching the channels would have little or no impact if the wireless router itself is still broadcasting on the 5 GHz band.

AB1

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Think about the times of day this occurs too. Could be static from some new equipment at a neighbors.

Also when I first read your post I immediately thought "husband" before government. There are tons of devices for tapping home phones, Radio Shack sells plenty, but most probably would not make any odd noises. But of course if it was your husband he probably wouldn't be listening into calls with him or with your mom.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I could swear my phones have been tapped before and recently some weird things have begun happening again with them.

But - 5 years ago - when I was part of a group trying to prove the fraud in the 2004 election - I am almost positive the phones were tapped.

Long delays in dialing out - or others telling you there was a long delay before the phone began to ring. Also little clicks (as you mentioned happened). Also I there was a "hallow" sound as I would talk to people. That is hard to explain - but as if there is a tunnel - and sound is going down it - besides who you are talking to. Those were consistent everytime calling problems - but once the election was finalized in Congress and I stopped doing what I had been doing - those various phone problems went away.

Right now - some odd things are happening with the phone - but they are different than 5 years ago. Won't get into that - because I am not sure about it - as I was 5 years ago. Everyone who called me even said - it sounded like my phones were tapped.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join