It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange cult

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
hey i was looking at a tool website and found that one of the band members was interested in an Aleister Crowley so i thought that id research a bit about this guy it seems to be quite interesting but from there i went onto this site www.hermetic.com... where it has a ritual that is preformed as part of this cult it goes into mystic numbers i was wondering if ne one could make ne sense of it

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This is a ritual to invoke the energies of the aeon of Horus the conquering child. I assume you know little about the aeons. The previous aeons were aeon of isis (matriarchy) and the aeon of osiris (patriarchy). Basicly it is a bunch of symbolism that would mean something to you if you studied numerology and comparative religion for numerous years. Crowley introduced relativity into religion much the same way einstein introduced it to science and picasso introduced it into art. The aeon of horus can be described as humanity realizing its own connection to divinity. (all humanity is regarded as containing the essence of god the same way astarte and yaweh were considered arcetypal gods of the matriarchal and patriarchal religions) I'm sorry but it would not be proper for me to comment on the liber itself as one of the most basic tenets in thelema states that one must interpret the holy works for themselves. (thus ensuring no priest class may arise)
If you have any more general questions please post and i will answer to the best of my ability.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   
thank you. you seem to know a fair amount about this, it strikes me as interesting and i would be interested if u could tell me if there are ne online sources that i can learn more from, where would it be best to start? also im intruiged to know how you discovered it
cheers muchly TFOH

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
just as an extra i found this interesting website full of interesting things to do with magickal phrases
www.choronzon.com...

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I�ve spent most of the day wondering what information would serve you best. It is not advisable to dig into Crowley with out a firm understanding of what it is you�re doing and an IRON mind. I cannot stress this enough. Somewhere in Crowley�s vast literary output he claims that study of his works will either enlighten you or drive you insane. The truth of the matter is it will do both. These states are fundamentally the same. What will you do when you�ve wandered so far off the trail you cannot see anyone else and more horribly they cannot see you? Are you strong enough to handle that kind of existence where every thing seems a shadow of its former self and you cannot be sure what is �real� and what is �illusion�?
I recommend you strengthen your mind by meditating � hr. morning and night using the methods set out by Eknath Easwaran. Do this for a year before even attempting Crowley. His methods are similar to Crowley�s in many respects but tuned for a beginner. It is very important in ritual magick to have COMPLETE control of your mind otherwise you will be overtaken by the forces you try to muster. Secondly during your year of meditation read everything you can about the Hermetic Kaballah, stay away from Jewish Kabbalah unless you happen to be Jewish otherwise it won�t make much sense. Hermetic is what Crowley used and it will make more sense to you as a westerner. Only after this preparation would I seriously begin to study Crowley. This is not the way I approached it at first as I had no guide when I started but I do believe it is the safest and best way to proceed. The path of ritual magick is hard and suitable for a very few but if you are sincere in your aspirations it will be opened to you. I have provided some introductory links below. I hope this helps. Good luck on your journeys.

A quick bio of AC (just to let you know who ur dealing with)

www.digital-brilliance.com...

Intro to hermetic Kabbalah

www.digital-brilliance.com...

Eknath style Meditation

www.nilgiri.org...

[Edited on 2-5-2004 by radiant]

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 01:00 PM
link   
hello thanks very much u gave me all the information i need for the moment i am very grateful for your help

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Radiant (following Aleisters example) is being melodramatic for aesthetic influence, anyone who so chooses can read Crowley's work without fear of enlightenment or insanity. No relaxation, contemplation or auto-hypnosis is necessary.

These aeon's he describes do not correspond to reality and no amount of time studying numerology or comparative religion will manifest them.

top topics

join