It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Samuel L Jackson Film - Propaganda?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
A new film to be released in 2010 starring Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Sheen and Carrie-Anne Moss, has a rather interesting storyline, considering all the hoo haa over torture lately.

Does anybody else think this film reeks of propaganda? Is it trying to make audiences sympathetic to the idea of torturing people?

Or on the other hand is it just a film and i am looking too much into it?

A psychological thriller centered around a black-ops interrogator and an FBI agent who press a suspect terrorist into divulging the location of three nuclear weapons sets to detonate in the U.S. |

Unthinkable IMDB

Also read this news story about the film, where during production Samuel L. Jackson apparently went too far, when interrogating Michael Sheen's character.

Sheen Scarred by Jackon's Interrogation Techniques

Sorry if this has been posted already i searched but couldn't find anything and if its in the wrong place, then again i am sorry, this only my second thread.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I think you are on the money. Sadly, Hollywood is a wonderful tool for the PTB, but hey, we all love a good movie.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Really Hollywood is now and has always been a huge propaganda tool.

Remember when all the bad guys were Russian? Lets see next it was scary Jamaican drug lords with dreads? Then it was shady Orientals, next it was the suited men from the Arab nations and today it is the scary Islamic terrorists. It is all orchestrated to get the national consciounsness heading in the way they want.

Sounds like a good movie, I will check it out when it hits the net.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
A new film to be released in 2010 starring Samuel L. Jackson, Michael Sheen and Carrie-Anne Moss, has a rather interesting storyline, considering all the hoo haa over torture lately.

Does anybody else think this film reeks of propaganda? Is it trying to make audiences sympathetic to the idea of torturing people?

Or on the other hand is it just a film and i am looking too much into it?

A psychological thriller centered around a black-ops interrogator and an FBI agent who press a suspect terrorist into divulging the location of three nuclear weapons sets to detonate in the U.S. |

Unthinkable IMDB

Also read this news story about the film, where during production Samuel L. Jackson apparently went too far, when interrogating Michael Sheen's character.

Sheen Scarred by Jackon's Interrogation Techniques

Sorry if this has been posted already i searched but couldn't find anything and if its in the wrong place, then again i am sorry, this only my second thread.

I think ur right, Watchmen reeked of Illuminati and NWO symbolism. Why would this movie be any different? (As far as propaganda goes)

TV has always been used to mind control people and plant ideas in their head.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Yes i have thought the same about tv. For example if you have ever watched 24, torture is used quite often on that show in some form or other. At least it was through season 1-6, i don't know about season 7.

I couldn't help feeling though when watching it that although i feel torture is wrong, in those cases it was "acceptable." I suppose it just shows how television and films can influence us. But obviously i realise 24 is just a tv show and its just in the moment...but still it makes you think.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
those in charge have to make torture seem necessary in order to protect the couch potatoes from loosing access to their precious TV's and snacks

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
OR

Hollywood goes after subjects that happen to be popular in American society and make movies about it.

Since the interest in the subject is already high. They don't have to spend as much on advertisement.

Of course it doesn't sound as good as them trying to acclimate us to those type of things, so that the government can get away with more.

new topics

top topics

join