It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Magnetosphere Watch Thread - Pictures - Latest Information -

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Here's some "science" from the boys at NASA....

Earth's magnetic field is changing in other ways, too: Compass needles in Africa, for instance, are drifting about 1 degree per decade. And globally the magnetic field has weakened 10% since the 19th century. When this was mentioned by researchers at a recent meeting of the American Geophysical Union, many newspapers carried the story. A typical headline: "Is Earth's magnetic field collapsing?"

Probably not. As remarkable as these changes sound, "they're mild compared to what Earth's magnetic field has done in the past," says University of California professor Gary Glatzmaier.

According to Glatzmaier, the ongoing 10% decline doesn't mean that a reversal is imminent. "The field is increasing or decreasing all the time," he says. "We know this from studies of the paleomagnetic record." Earth's present-day magnetic field is, in fact, much stronger than normal. The dipole moment, a measure of the intensity of the magnetic field, is now 8 × 1022 amps × m2. That's twice the million-year average of 4× 1022 amps × m2.

But this would probably be considered an attack so disregard the above...

Peace

Oh...ps: The Truth is Actually Out There, We just have to Search For It!!

[edit on 5/8/2009 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
hello QA

actualy we had 2 flares erruptions

the 31 july

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

and today

stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...

look at the secchi stereo image the soho image a not automaticaly update
and actualy they have probleme with there satelite

ESA/NASA's solar watchdog, SOHO, is back to full operation after its predicted 9-day-long high-gain antenna blackout. Engineers and scientists are now confident that they understand the situation and can work around it in the future to minimise the data losses. Since 19 June 2003, SOHO's high-gain antenna (HGA), which transmits high-speed data to Earth, has been fixed in position following the discovery of a malfunction in its pointing mechanism. This resulted in a loss of signal through SOHO's usual 26-metre ground stations on 27 June 2003. However, 34-metre radio dishes continued to receive high-speed transmissions from the HGA until 1 July 2003.

umtof.umd.edu...

www.lmsal.com... look at the sun

soho was not able to report it only secchi
if you count we have 3 flares erruptions the 07/07 the 31/07 05/08 so only just one and we will see

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
I will post things as I see fit.

This is quite obvious to all of us by now.

You also seem to get a green pass from the ATS mods and admins, who either agree with your propagation of fear, or are just happy to get the additional site hits which you draw with said propagation of fear....more power to ya!

Especially since our magnetic field seems to not be doing it's job correctly!!

What a lie. If Earth's Magnetosphere were "not doing it's job correctly" you would be seeing constant above normal K-indices and warnings....which we are not.

You keep referencing to the 'NICT Real-time Magnetoshpere Simulation' any time you see the color change, but since it's all actually business as usual, this is only propagating more fear.

Phage had tried to help you and your followers out, and had created a whole thread describing what you are seeing in these images, did you bother to read and try to understand it?

Why don't you stop with all the fearmongering (which you protest is just the sharing of information). When you start seeing the K-indices reach 7, 8, or 9, then feel free to bring it to everybody's attention, since those would be considered "not normal":

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by operation mindcrime

I don't normally reply to you, because of what you post, but I will go ahead and reply this time.

Thank you so much for this!! I'm not worthy, i'm not worthy....

Do you see the heading of this thread?

Yep....saw it!!

Well look at some of the headings of other threads that are ongoing, those are the market watch thread - which has been around a very long time because it is the continuation and watch of the market.

With all due respect there Q, but our economy isn't exactly peachy dandy i would say and things are going real fast since sept. 2008. There was actualy something going on when this thread, you refer to, was created.

Do you go into that thread and ask why they are bumping it?

Nobody is bumping that thread!! Not the OP nor the regular posters because they don't have to.....That thread keeps on going because of the usefull information that is being added.

I doubt it, so why would you do that in this thread?

Allow me to explain....this freaking thing had finaly disappeared from the recent post-listing because nobody is adding anymore info to it and now we're back because you suddenly see an other strange behavioural pattern from our magnetosphere.

Oh, I know - because you seem to only be able to post immature comments on anything!

Well if all the comments i post are so immature then i should be a piece of cake to answer/disprove my numerous reactions/questions about misinformation you provide. Why don't you go into these questions and answer them instead of claiming they are attacks??

The Magnetosphere if you read the OP - is worth watching and that is what this thread is.

Why is the magnetosphere worth watching?? What scientic background do you have to be able to say that it is worth watching?? And what are we watching again?? Have you been studying these images for the last ohhhh 20/30 years to be able to say something is changing??
I.e. if you started watching the weather since a few months you would probably notice that the weather is changing but if you kept it up a few years you would notice that a certain pattern appears were #ty weather is followed by good weather and back to #ty weather again (we call 'm seasons)....catch my drift!!!

So, there is your answer. If you aren't interested in it, then don't worry about coming in also you will see it was started a few months back - so it is an ongoing thread.

I will post things as I see fit. Especially since our magnetic field seems to not be doing it's job correctly!!

says you?? or your sources?? than why don't you respond to scientific data that states the opposite of what you say???

Have an awesome day!! This will probably be my last post, directly acknowledging you or anything you post. I am very good at just bypassing all of your comments now

I know!!!
(just like old times, huh?)

as I just shake my head and laugh at them.

Well atleast i can entertain the idea that my posts in your threads puts a smile on your face. I glad that i'm able to make you smile with all the pending doom that is upon us all....

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Paroxysm

Well Q,

Here is a beautiful example of scientific data which states exactly the opposite of what you just said and it wouldn't surprise at all if this sharp reply by Paroxysm will not be answered accordingly by you and you will probably state 3 pages from now that you are still being "attacked"

Great post, by the way, Paroxysm

star for you!!!

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

Thanks OpMindcrime.

Of course she won't respond to me. Actually I have NEVER gotten a reply or any sort of real dialog from Q regarding ANY of my posts.
Whether it be because she feels I am attacking her, or because she is just incapable of carrying on a mature conversation/debate regarding topics and info which she post's about, we may never know.
I can sit here and throw data & facts out there all day long, but she will just glaze right over them like they were never posted...

I'm actually a little envious of you. You actually were able to get a direct reply from her. I have yet to even get that. The closest thing I got so far, was this:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
where she referenced my post, and picture of a recent CC, without using "reply to". I'm sure the only reason that she even acknowledged my post in that thread, was because it helped her further whatever crazy fearmongering tactic she was using at that point and time.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Wow - the magnetosphere has completely collapsed now

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d85d08f1d168.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pitchdragon

Thank you for the link to this site:
www.lmsal.com... look at the sun

It really is a great site to look at what is going on with the sun.

With all the strange things that has been happening with the magnetic field - that is a great site to watch the sun at the same time.

Thanks Again - for linking that here!!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Just one more thing Q and then i'll be out of your hair....

I was just re-reading the last few pages of this thread and in your reply to Chadwickus on page 16 you [quote] [/quote] a couple of articles with the title being "www.popularmechanics.com..." and a sniplet of the article, or so we think, because most of us just read the sniplet instead of going to the site and reading the article which should backup your defence...
If you would look at the article then you would notice that:

a: ) It's an article from august 2004 (somebody already pointed this out i believe?)
b: ) You are not quoting from the article but the reader comment section

What's up with that?? I could add to the readers comment section that i believe the earth is in fact flat but that don't make it so, does it??

Please tell me i've got it all wrong!!!

Peace

edit: It's hard not being english and trying to make a point without typos...sorry about that!!

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
The latest picture - the magnetosphere right now.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ad61cbad85e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by czacza1

star and flag once again.
great thread. and the simulation is really working on imagination.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Just one more thing Q and then i'll be out of your hair....

I was just re-reading the last few pages of this thread and in your reply to Chadwickus on page 16 you [quote] [/quote] a couple of articles with the title being "www.popularmechanics.com..." and a sniplet of the article, or so we think, because most of us just read the sniplet instead of going to the site and reading the article which should backup your defence...
If you would look at the article then you would notice that:

a: ) It's an article from august 2004 (somebody already pointed this out i believe?)
b: ) You are not quoting from the article but the reader comment section

What's up with that?? I could add to the readers comment section that i believe the earth is in fact flat but that don't make it so, does it??

Please tell me i've got it all wrong!!!

Peace

edit: It's hard not being english and trying to make a point without typos...sorry about that!!

Ahhh c'mon QA,

entertain me once more with an answer. Just a simple "defence" to my "attack" would be more than enough..

because you seem to only be able to post immature comments on anything!

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here is a perfect example from pictures - of when the magnetic field is not completely collapsed shown from the pressure pictures.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c521b7f0d04.jpg[/atsimg]

Now here is what the magnetic pressure picture looks like right now - as the field is collapsed and in a ball.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09ccf6ca845b.jpg[/atsimg]

Do you notice the difference?

The top picture - shows the bow with a clear circle between the Earth and the front of the magnetosphere.

Now look at the second picture - notice the clear circle area is not there.
Also notice how it is yellowish too - from the solar wind. So it is balled in on itself

When this has happened in the past - I have seen it about 3 times so far this year - it is not unusual for people to have headaches - it seems to be a wide occurance when the magnetic field is balled up, from what I read on other forums and headache complaints from people.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Huh???

Now look at the second picture - notice the clear circle area is not there.
Also notice how it is yellowish too - from the solar wind

So it is yellowish from the solar wind?? or the lack of solarwind??

Or are you suggesting the sun (which appears yellow) is colouring these animated circles yellow??

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Honestly, If you go back to the first post of this thread she posted some images from March of this year of pretty much the same thing. Here it is August and nothing has happened, The magnetosphere has been doing its job and continues to do its job. She seems to be the kind of person that likes to look at pictures instead of actually reading the news. www.swpc.noaa.gov... This shows the K-Index. It has been at a 3 all day. Which is considered "quiet" The forecast is Geophysical Activity Forecast: The geomagnetic field is expected to be mostly quiet to unsettled with a slight chance for isolated active periods on days one and two of the forecast period (05 - 06 August) as a recurrent coronal hole high speed stream becomes geoeffective. Day three (07 August) is expected to be quiet.

Phage posted a really good thread that explains why the Magnetosphere lines look the way they do. It has pictures for those that need that. www.abovetopsecret.com...

When i first came to this site a month ago not knowing much of anything about the sun or the magnetosphere Questioningall was one of the people that scared me when there was really no cause for being scared. It was with the help of Phage and research that i began to learn more and more about all of this. Going back over her posts. She really does seem like a fear monger. The way she words things. Such as "The largest sunspot ever found" Even though everyone debunked this in a matter of a few posts she still stood by her statement. Me being new at the time and scared. I e-mailed the Space Weather Prediction Center to see if there was any truth to it. There reply was as follows. "Thank you for your contact and interest in our service. The articles you reference did not produce solar eruptions hitting the Earth, nor was the sunspot mentioned the largest ever. This sunspot was one of an average or less size. This article also mentioned that the x28 flare happened 2 years ago, it actually occurred Nov. 4, 2003."

So for anyone new out there that she has possibly raised alarm to. There are many other people on this site more helpful and less dramatic then she is. I urge you to seek them out.

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
opps edit - wrong thread.

[edit on 5-8-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Cruxshadows

Star for your post and observational skills...

I e-mailed the Space Weather Prediction Center to see if there was any truth to it.

I respect your way of investigating things but we wonder why people think of conspiracy theorists as being a bit weird.

Peace

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Information on our Magnetosphere and abnormalities

link: www.pureenergysystems.com...
from 2005

It is not only the direction but also the strength of this magnetic field that is a concern. In the time of dinosaurs, at an estimated 2.5 gauss, it was eighty percent stronger than it is now. This may have been one of the reasons such gigantic life forms thrived. It is now accepted that a catastrophic event ended the reign of giant reptiles. However, they did not re-evolve to equivalent dimensions. And the disappearance of mammalian “mega-fauna” in more recent times is still considered to be a mystery. The mastodons and mammoths would have towered over modern elephants. Why are there so few large terrestrial animals today?
The weakening of earth’s magnetism is one of the factors believed to be predictive of a pole reversal. That magnetic field reversals have occurred in the past is confirmed in the geological record. What is unclear is how precisely the transition occurs, and what happens to life forms extant at the time of this pole flip.

Does the magnetic field drop to zero gauss? Dire predictions follow upon the heels of this theory. Electronic devices would all be at risk: there may be damage to, or complete loss of, all near-earth-orbiting satellites and possibly the space station itself. Effects on life forms could range from migrating birds losing their sense of direction to immune system decline and even widespread die-off from radiation-induced cancers.

Losing its protective magnetic envelope, the atmosphere would expand and become thinner, possibly leading to altitude sickness near sea level. No longer filtered out, deadly cosmic rays would kill most if, not all, living creatures on the surface. Only those living in deep caves would be safe. This scenario has prompted some to build underground bunkers in hopes of surviving.

Countering this frightening vision, NASA predicts that, rather than declining to zero gauss, the magnetic field would become disordered. Thus we might for short time have more than one north and south pole on the planet. This official scientific stance says that the magnetosphere which shields us from cosmic radiation would not entirely disappear either. Thus, while communications would be erratic and perhaps at times completely inactivated, humans would find ways to survive. However, there are dissenters in the ranks, pointing to the vast South Atlantic magnetic anomaly and radiation damage to satellites over that region attributed to weakening of the protective magnetosphere. (4)

Above you will find, it is acknowledged that our magnetosphere has weakened and as NASA says it would become Disordered instead of going down to 0.

So what is happening with the magnetic field - strange things - it has weakened and it is balling up - which it should not do.

So, people may try to say "nothing to see here - move along now".

Well the fact is, there is something to see here, besides the breach that occured and more recently the chunk that looked to be out of it. There is a thread about it.

So, our magnetic field seems to be going through some strange happenings. Which is well worth keeping an eye on - AND scientist have said it has Decreased in strength.

Also this link is great for a complete explaination of the magnetosphere and what it does in each area.

www.aprioryofscience.com...

Also, we are getting a good size solar wind hitting us - you can see the red on the right side of the screen - yet the magnetic field is staying balled up.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dd0e291b6953.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 5 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Above you will find, it is acknowledged that our magnetosphere has weakened and as NASA says it would become Disordered instead of going down to 0.

I have repeatedly seen you say that you do not believe what NASA tells us, you use that as an excuse more than once in the past yet here you are using NASA as an example. How is that you distinguish what it is they are giving correct information on and what is being falsified? Are you sure you can trust this kind of Data when you dont trust what they have told us about sunspot sizes in the past?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join