It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dealing with sick people and the police!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I have been dealing with this one individual for the last couple of months who insists on pulling stunts and crank calls on me and then denying that he is the one who is doing it. This last week, I finally got some proof that he's the one that's been doing it. I confronted him with only a couple of the items and told him that he should stop or he'll find himself dealing with the police. Needless to say, he didn't stop. I have turned around and made out 5 reports on him. I have also asked that a warrant be placed for his arrest. It will be issued later today when I take the first five reports and the other paperwork I had to fill out over to the Warrants Division. This idiot that I've been dealing with is in for a rude awakening. I have been forced to do this by him because he has no sense of decency. I'll be glad later on that I did this the right way, but sometimes I wish I could kick the s**t out of people and get away with it. But then again, I guess that would make me the bad guy, deserving of some time behind bars. I realize that it is much better to get him to have a stretch behind bars for what he's done insted.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
yea the new laws that we cant beat people up are kinda tiresome ):
still you did the right thing i dont understand whats his problem

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

Assault could possibly turn into a felony if you really hurt the idiot. The person who is making the calls is only doing a misdemeanor, so you would of possibly done some jail time.

With caller ID and other ways to find out who is making the calls, I don't see why some people still do that type of harassment.

The phone company can and will provide to you all the calls and phone numbers, even those with privacy and other blocking methods.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I had someone jailed last week because of ongoing fighting amongst two of my tenants.
After 8 police calls in six weeks, 2 calls for an ambulance, and still the person being abused wouldn't give a statement, I just went ahead and did it myself.

I pushed the Crown Attorney, plus a Justice of the Peace, and the officers that responded, I did finally did get him charged. He's now held for a trial after convincing a judge to remand him to custody with a high bail condition.

Nobody needs to put up with BS from anyone else, and if it gets out of control you need to follow the proper channels provided by law. Once you cross the line to retaliation or retribution the law is no longer on your side.

You'll win this one because you did the right thing.

EDIT: Because I have an edit option button...

[edit on 12/5/2009 by anxietydisorder]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Wally Conley

Good for you on not putting up with this fool. Every now and then I get some idiot who dials my number by mistake and tries to have fun with it, but often they don't last like the situation you have. I did once have a group of 11-13 year old girls dial my number by mistake and make repeated phone calls. At first it didn't bother me because they were just being silly little girls having fun, but then it got to the point where they went from calling once every other day to more than 5 times a day. I finally got a hold of a parent and told them about this. Needless to say the calls did stop.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
As an update to the situation in which I found myself, I did go to the police station and had a warrant for this persons arrest, which the police executed later that day. He was released 3 days later on bail. We had the Court Date yesterday. He got time served after pleading guilty. The Judge also put in a restraining order in which he is not to contact me in any form, and he is also not to cause other people to contact me in a harrassing way. And the judge complemented me for taking care of the problem the legal way. The biggest reason he did that, I suppose, is because a few times previously I had been the one in front of him for having punched out a few people for having harrassed me the way this guy did. So I guess I've learned to funnel my anger over situations into a proper channel for taking care of problems like this.

new topics

top topics

join