It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Push to Revolution

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
reply to post by kozmo

What makes you think we don't see what's happening from the cities???

I live in the "City" and I see so many of these people caught up in silly trivialities; what car to drive, which restaurant to be seen in, which private school to enroll your kids in etc... Most of these "sell-outs" don't watch the news and haven't a clue what is happening in the world around them. They are sleep-walking through life and feeding from the corporate tit. Not everyone, of course... just the vast majority!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ClintK
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

I responded to the original post. I'm not going to respond to every hyperventilating lunatic spouting off about "revolution." This whole thing is laughably childish.

Oh the irony in this statement....

You're just unable to see the obvious. You see only your personal point of view. That's why it's laughable.

In the real world, the people of the U.S.A. are just not going to revolt against a democratically elected government. If they really don't like what's happening, they'll start electing people who will change it.

But you don't want that. You want a government established by the violent overthrow of the current government that will represent YOUR point point of view, even if the majority of the people don't want that.

When you can't get what you want at the polls, you start talking about "revolution." Yeah, that's the only solution.

This whole thing is breathtakingly juvenile and an embarrassment to our country. We have a political faction that is not in touch with reality, throwing a temper tantrum, and has got themselves all huffing and puffing and believing that we're actually going to have a revolution, and they, of course, are going to be the great visionaries who "really saw things the way they were" while the rest of us we're blind.

Pure entertainment. Better than half the stuff on the comedy channel.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Cool. Me too (about having both liberal and conservative views). We can definitely all agree that we're being robbed blind, and have been for a long time. The government is doing their very best to paint this as a right wing desire for revolution based on racism and religious intolerance. I hate to see that being validated, especially when it's not true.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

I agree there are plenty of people asleep, but I can say at least here in Houston there are plenty of people who are awake.

The guns stores are out of ammo and ARs and every Friday on 59 north there are people holding up the 9-11 was an inside job signs on the overpass.

The police here loved to tell me which gun they thought I should buy and my friends here openly talk about where are meeting point is should TSHTF.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

This is why I am hesitant to chime in with you all here. You seem on the surface to say it's about Americans taking back our country, but this is clearly a "right wing" thread. I want to see ALL Americans stand up against the corporate owned government and their greedy, thieving masters. But I do not buy into the values most of you who are vocal about revolution right now seem to demand. Praising Texas, but bashing California. That's not unity, in any way shape or form. So is the "right" gonna do this by themselves? If you are successful in taking the powers down all by yourselves, will you turn your rifles on those of us who are not Christian and who are not interested in "conservative" values?

I am as angry and ready to rise up as the rest of you, but the only 'values' I share with you all is a love of guns and the outdoors, I have a TRUE desire for this country to be what it was supposed to be, the LAND OF THE FREE. I am very confused about who is the enemy in your eyes though...

[edit on 11-5-2009 by 27jd]

More appropriately, you are confused about who YOU are. You claim you are "angry and ready to rise up" but why? Then you state that the only "values" you share with conservatives is a "love of guns and the outdoors" followed by a decree that you "have a TRUE desire for this country to be what it was supposed to be, the LAND OF THE FREE." which demontrates that you share more than just a love of guns and the outdoors.

I have no idea what Christianity has to do with any of this?
AND... in order to be "FREE", it is necessary to have the government STAY OUT of our lives, hence "Conservatism".

I hate to break it to ya pal, but you seem to be more Conservative than Liberal.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Indeed. Again, the crimes and treason being committed by our Government are against ALL citizens regardless of views and beliefs. This cannot be tolerated.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
you are all talking about this USA like it's yours? Well, since you robbed the natives for their land, I personally don't feel any pity for you brainwashed dumb "americans"(america is not a country, but a continent) and the situation that your in. If you had really respected the land, the animals and each other like the natives did and still does, you would never been in this situation.

PS. Guns don't solve sh*t. Look at all the thousen of years of wars. When are people going to realize that killing ain't the answer? To change everything, you got to start with yourself.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by kresh7]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
OP thanks for the tread. I line in Cincinnati, and you can just tell things are not right here, its like the eye of the storm has settled over the nation, and at any minute those hurricane winds are going to pick up.

On a personel note, I would love for a peaceful revelotion, I fought in Iraq twice and afgan once. And war sucks, But this nation is so polorazied that I fear even if some do wake up not all will. Remeber do you think people who live on the goverments tit will be willing to turn there section 8 housing and goverment cheese in? I do not think so, Who evers in charge has right where they want us, so the queston becomes this do we fall in line and follow the blind or does the war start now?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ClintK

Again, it is painfully obvious you are not reading anything said in this thread making it all the more painful to read the literary diarrhea you are typing.

Anyway... to each their own. Enjoy your life.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

There's nothing wrong with uniting people together when they know exactly what it is they are fighting for, the constitution, and not party ideas (be they republican or democrat) but if that same people, end up trying to unite and FORM a country with people that do not agree with the very same founding principles that this country was built on. Then we're going to have problems of division REGARDLESS. Whether it's done during the revolution or after. Division will still occur.

Listen, if california wants to continue its existence with those policies that have helped ruin it. Fine, but don't try to enforce it on other states. Each state has their own constitution and principles that their people have chosen to follow. They don't need to have someone else come along and shove their ideas down their throats and they shouldn't be catering to everyone in the first place. Only to people within their state.

That's why I say personally that if you're fighting only for some parts of the constitution, not all of it, and STILL want to continue enforcing the same ridiculous policies that both the govt. and the elite corporate bankers, then obviously you are not really fighting for what our founding fathers believed in, you still pick and choose what benefits your own perception.

I personally would not want to fight with somebody like you by my side. Don't take it as an offense. But I wouldn't want to risk being with somebody who will end up backstabbing me so he can follow his own agenda. That's one of the biggest problems we have. There aren't enough people willing to stand by their word and their values. It's all compromise compromise compromise, compromise to the point where the values and principles you once held are no longer recognizable.

A group that stays together under ONE banner will remain more intact than a group banding together with competing and differing principles and values.

That's why I say we cannot loose focus. This isn't about republicans, or democrats. It's not even about religion nuts, gun nuts, gays, blacks whites, etc. That is NOT and should NOT be the focus. The focus is to uphold the constitution in it's entirety and to uphold the people's INALIENABLE rights. To be free! and whether you and I see eye to eye or not, you have to agree that we all want freedom. That's the banner I want my group to stand on.

link   
reply to post by kozmo

I have no idea what you're eluding to. Yes, I desire this land to be FREE. Meaning people of ALL values are equal, as long as they do not harm innocent people. I don't see that happening if folks with YOUR mindset have their way.

link   
I hope it happens July 4th so I can say:

Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest aerial battle in this history of mankind.

Mankind -- that word should have new meaning for all of us today.

We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore.

We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps its fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom, not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution -- but from annihilation.

We're fighting for our right to live, to exist.

And should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice:

"We will not go quietly into the night!

We will not vanish without a fight!

We're going to live on!

We're going to survive!"

Today, we celebrate our Independence Day!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
Once a black man became president all the rednecks revolted. It had nothing to do with politics, just race.

What a simple little flat world you must live in with ignorant ideologies like that. I hated Bush (a white guy) just as much.

It has only to do with policies not skin color. Grow up.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

I'll grow up when you look around. Insults don't really prove your point very well, kid.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question
I personally would not want to fight with somebody like you by my side. Don't take it as an offense. But I wouldn't want to risk being with somebody who will end up backstabbing me so he can follow his own agenda.

The feeling is very mutual.

edit to add:

That's why I say personally that if you're fighting only for some parts of the constitution, not all of it, and STILL want to continue enforcing the same ridiculous policies that both the govt. and the elite corporate bankers, then obviously you are not really fighting for what our founding fathers believed in, you still pick and choose what benefits your own perception.

You really and truly have NO idea what I would be fighting for.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by 27jd]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by calcoastseeker

calcoast, you're right. I didn't bring home my Winchester Model 12 that had been written off the military inventory as a "combat loss" long before I ever got it. With a slot in the loading gate, jams could be cleared with a dog tag, it had the first pistol grip I had ever seen on a shotgun, and the barrel had been ever so slightly ovaled to shoot a gentle oval pattern. I actually passed it over to a good man when I left.

I didn't bring home either the M-16, the M-203, the Thompson, the Colt 1911, nor the M-14 I used, depending on the mission.

Right now I have two Model 1911's, a CAR-15, an M-14 semiautomatic, and I only carried the Thompson one mission as it and the ammo were too weighty.

I did keep and do have my SOG tomahawk, and my SF knives. True collector's pieces today, some selling for $3,000.

I'm actually better armed today than I was in combat. While I had four MOS's, my Special Forces MOS was the engineer, which should tell you that if and when the time comes, I can make my own . . . stuff.

One more thing I did bring home.

Just about every guerrilla trick in the book, including some I developed as a student of human behavior.

Oh. And experience. Can't appreciate enough that thing called experience. That's why planning must always be branching. Because upon contact, the original plan just went to hell.

So no use getting smug about former vets not being able to take their "actual" combat weapons home with them.

Actually, they brought home a whole lot more than that.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by dooper]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
When President Bush was elected all the Democrats started yelling revolution, revolution, head for the hills the Republicans are coming. And when President Barack Obama was elected all the Republicans started yelling revolution, revolution, head for the hills the Democrats are coming. And sadly when the next election comes around your gonna vote for one of these parties and someone is gonna cry over the results. Reading this thread is like watching a dog chase its own tail.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by kresh7
you are all talking about this USA like it's yours? Well, since you robbed the natives for their land, I personally don't feel any pity for you brainwashed dumb "americans"(america is not a country, but a continent) and the situation that your in. If you had really respected the land, the animals and each other like the natives did and still does, you would never been in this situation.

PS. Guns don't solve sh*t. Look at all the thousen of years of wars. When are people going to realize that killing ain't the answer? To change everything, you got to start with yourself.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by kresh7]

Ya that's true all of us on this board were the ones who settled here, killed the native americans and took over the natives land.

Might as blame everyone living in Spain for the Spanish Inquisition.

As far as your assumption of us not respecting the land and animals, I am sure you of course live out in a naturally made shelter and live off the land while you are connecting to the internet?

Oh and PS. on guns... I do not own guns to kill anyone at all, I own guns in case someone wants to kill me.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
This is a cartoon from 1948 that shows that many in this country knew what was coming and tried to tell us. I guess no one listened!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Zindo

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

You hit the nail on the head. It was here on ATS if anybody cares to go back to 2004, the "liberals" denounced the president and civil war and revolution was certain. This is how the government in its current form stays very comfortable in power.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Once a black man became president all the rednecks revolted. It had nothing to do with politics, just race.

What a simple little flat world you must live in with ignorant ideologies like that. I hated Bush (a white guy) just as much.

It has only to do with policies not skin color. Grow up.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

I'll grow up when you look around. Insults don't really prove your point very well, kid.

What am I supposed to be looking for? Racism? Maybe you should look around and take your racist colored glasses off. If Obama was white and was doing the same crap, I would be equally pissed.

There is no insult to you. It is sound advice... grow up. Get out of your box.

Did you ever hear any white people telling black people oh you just hate Bush because he is white?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join