It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Push to Revolution

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Sarge, this is what I've stated in other posts I've made when I suggested that if an unfortunate event occurs, there will be certain "neighborhoods" likely to go ballistic, and that's exactly why I used Liberty City, Los Angeles riots, and even the recent chaos in New Orleans.

Some burn their own damned neighborhoods, and try to migrate and burn others, while looting and chaos is spreading like wildfire. In Liberty City, neighbors in nearby neighborhoods armed up and shot a number to keep them clear of their own homes.

But if normal supplies, power, fuel, and food are somehow unavailable, expect them to go berserk.

48 hours? Maybe. I was thinking that things will be sideways for a good 90 days. After all, I don't think the cavalry is coming.

Not enough cavalry.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
any of you big intellectuals gone without food or water for three days.

your mind numbs and you cant think of anything else except obtaining the above.

if you have not taken the preparations to avoid this scenario you my friend will be right in the middle of THIS revolution, the revolution to survive.

dont say you werent warned and keep typing your worthless BS.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by huntergatherer

In combat, on two different occasions, I did in fact go without water for three full days and nights.

It took great effort just to rise to my two feet. I would look for dew on leaves, but during the dry season, there was none to be found.

Don't you concern yourself for me.

I doubt you could keep up anyway.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Why, thank you for your post on my thread. To answer your questions I did in fact go a little over 2.75 days without water due to problems with resupply. You are right that such is not fun as I do not think I have ever been in worse condition as we had already been out of food for over a week; having to scrounge ants, scorpions, snakes whatever moved, or in some cases had not for some time.

But thank you for your input & please feel free to post again.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Matter of fact, I have. 3 days without water is about the most I've gone, food I've gone without for considerably longer, maybe a week and a half.

I lived on 3 packets of "Swiss Miss" cocoa mix once for 4 days. But I had water for that time.

I've been known on more than one occaision to go into the woods with some salt, an onion, some string, and a pocket knife, and not come back out for a good while. The onion was optional, as you can get those 'out there' too. I may not have been 'eatin' big', but I wasn't starving, either.

I've never noticed performance degradation to the point you suggest. Some, yes, a good bit even, but not THAT far. Not far enough to fixate on eating at the expense of surviving.

I understand your concern, however. I have a 14 year old son who thinks he's going to starve completely to death if he hasn't gotten all five meals in a day. I keep telling him 'boy, you got NO idea!'. He's beginning to get educated, though.

Was my answer helpful, or did I miss your point somehow?

nenothtu out

[edit on 2009/5/13 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Yes I my self went with out food 4 days. After my first meal on the fourth day, we put our packs back on and continued to hike in the Trinity Alps.

Not saying it's fun and you are right, such a thing will make a lot of people desperate. I have a feeling it will be situations like that, that will separate the weak from the strong.

BTW, those of you who went with out eating for several days, did you notice how crystal clear people's eyes become? Sorry a bit random, but that's one thing I will never forget.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Good point. If the food deliveries, and especially the water, get shut off in the cities for whatever reason, it ain't gonna be pretty, because most of these folks won't know how to handle it. Riots would kick in to high gear then. They're used to stuff just being THERE, not having to find it.

That could be a pretty powerful motivating push towards a revolution, but they wouldn't know just what they were revolting against. It'll make life pretty rough for some of us in the crosshairs for a while.

Edit: I thoght of it more as folks eyes getting 'bright' instead of clear. Looking back, I guess it was more like kind of glassy.

[edit on 2009/5/14 by nenothtu]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Ya at that point I fear the worst of us would turn to an every man for himself type of attitude. To many people who leech off the system and feel entitled to take from others.

I have seen first hand how those who live off of welfare are the most spoiled people on the planet and are used to having everything taken care of for them. If they don't care about people when they are being taken care imagine how they will act towards other people when they are getting "theirs."

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
just about every home in america has enough water in them for 4 days,even with a family..between the hot water tank,and the toilet tank,your set..

That is if using that water is below your standards...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
couldn't agee more. Many in Hawaii are ready. good luck guys. Hope it doesn't come to that but I don't see much way around it at this point. time to get organized. Hope for best prepare for the worst. Aloha

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
just about every home in america has enough water in them for 4 days,even with a family..between the hot water tank,and the toilet tank,your set..

That is if using that water is below your standards...

I can't really claim any standards. Some folks would actually shudder to just gaze upon some of the puddles I've drunk out of.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Well, this is my first post. I was going to post an introduction, only to find out that I have to have 20 post first.

Since this thread is the reason for me officially joining.. it's only proper that I begin my journey here with you on this thread.

I am no real scholar of any particular 'topic' here, but since my first visit here back in 2005, I have been hooked. It's safe to say that I am just the everyday person that likes to stay informed.. not really trusting the MSM to give me what I need.

Anyway,

I really enjoyed this post, so I will add my thoughts on it and leave it there.

This country is in desperate need of some form of revolution, be it peaceful or my force.

I am an American, although I don't currently reside within the current 50 states.. I will always be an American above anything. I am proud of my country, and proud that I was able to serve my country in the military. There are many things in my country's history that I am not proud of, but I still choose it above any other, and will be happy to return there in the future.

Violent Revolution.. one option, would take more dedication than I think the amount of people that would be necessary for it's success are willing to put forth. It will take a lot more to get the numbers needed to make the change long-lasting and worthwhile. The majority of the people still do not see the threat that our government poses, so I think that option would be short lived if it ever got off the ground.

Peaceful Revolution.. the other option, I feel is more probable at this point. We must set aside our differences and gain the proper understanding of what our country was meant to be before any real change can occur. Sadly, I still feel that we are along way from that. Too many people still see themselves as Democrat or Republican. Sure you can tell me that American was seeking out change in 2004 and more so in 2008, but guess what.. one of the two major parties still won. Obama for change? Not hardly.. never believed that. What Presidential candidate hasn't offered 'change'. What a failed notion, that this President could bring anything different. If he was going to bring change, he wouldn't have come from the political establishment, be it 'left' or 'right'.

Until we get past the issues that are created to divide us, there is little to nothing that we can do to bring about effective change.

There needs to be more battle in the courts.. as both sides have far overstepped their boundaries.

If 99% of this country wanted our government to take over the economic system of this country, the government would still HAS NO POWER to do so. Until the people start seeing that this country is founded on a Constitution that is very literal, and not open for legislatures to interpret, we are doomed to continue down the same road. The Constitution leaves room to be liberal, or conservative.. maybe somewhere in between. It gives us the power to do great things. Most of all, it drastically limits government privilege.

The Bill of Rights are above all. They were seen by our founders as the supreme law, above any part of the Constitution.

If they don't want to play by the rules then we don't have to either.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by huntergatherer

Again, only speaking for myself... and admittedly I'm just a simple man, but yes... several times. Whether by necessity or fast. Try it some time, I find that my thoughts can actually become more focused in some respects.

I didn't know that "we" weren't warned... In fact, if you take the time to do a little research, reading the contents of entire threads as opposed to typing reactionary posts... You will certainly find that many posters on this thread and others have been imploring folks to prepare for a LOOOOONG time now.

Thanks for your little gem, it was appreciated in spite of it's glaring redundancy.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cbianchi513

To be prepared is the whole point of this thread. Those who wish to remain blind to what is going on around them will find that they have got what they prepared for. Others, I pray, will take warning and PREPARE.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by huntergatherer

your mind numbs and you cant think of anything else except obtaining the above.

if you have not taken the preparations to avoid this scenario you my friend will be right in the middle of THIS revolution, the revolution to survive.

Most people in the liberal democratic nations of the world don’t have to go without food or water for more than 12 hours…such a ridiculous statement, obviously proposed as some sort of macho, Rambo-esque bloviating…Have you ever had to kills a man with your bare hands, or nothing else but a rolled up newspaper? No, probably not. As Mick Jagger said, “he can’t be a man ‘cause he does not smoke the same cigarettes as me.”

Obviously you are attempting to draw a connection between intellect, or leftist mentality, and physical weakness, or a lacking in survival ability.

But take a moment and think look at the history of survival, as such… For centuries, the greatest of the “Liberal” and “Leftist” leaders, the “weak” pacifists, intellectuals and spiritualists, have all endured long periods of time, often self imposed, in which they ate and drank only the bare minimum to stay alive. These intellectuals include Gandhi, Ho Chi Minh, General Mao, hell, even Martin Luther King Jr, to name only a very “few” of the “intellectuals”(don’t mistake my mentioning of two Communists as support for their ideology, but rather as simply an example of “intellectuals who have gone without food” because we all know that the root of this argument is little more than self-proclaimed “survivalists” taking pot-shots at “intellectuals” and liberals) …its called “fasting”…and a lot of intellectuals have done it, for centuries…given the choice, it is something that 99.9999% of the population would not do, unless they had to, or had a point to make…

The wonderful thing about humanity is that, Gandhi, Rambo and that comes between….we find ways to survive…

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
There really is no way to be prepared for every eventuality that may come to pass. The one thing I keep in mind above all else is that I am repsonsible for my own life. I would love to wake up one day knowing in my heart that my neighbors and entire community had found a way to tolerate the follies of mine and others without resorting to violence, humiliation, destruction or revenge.

Until that glorious day I'm wary, awake, stockpiling and cautious. Its a hard line to walk but nothing worth doing was ever easy.

The people who live in fear refuse to see that cooperation, communication and compromise are the key to a thriving society. We need each other for many reasons. In a way we complete each other. No matter what does or does not happen, each of our individual experiences can be considered as stepping stones to a future that we all create together. The mosaic of man.

I don't want to see civilization fall into chaos anymore than I want to see it die a long, slow, painful, cancerous death.

Stay on your toes, prepare for self-preservation, envision a society that can and does support the values and morals which contribute to a life worth living. Put fear aside and smell the roses.

Your enemies will make themselves known at the proper time. Be wise, be vigilant, be moral, be just. Do what is right in your heart and stop trying to adjust everyone else's compass to fit your own standard.

If STHTF, roll with it, die with it, or lead through it. No matter what, live your life with certainty and realize the futility in trying to make everyone else a carbon copy of yourself.

I can't express my appreciation enough for SGTChas, Dooper and others whose names I can't recall right now (sorry!) for their integrity and honorable actions past and present. I hope one day to find myself in the company of humans like you.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by madhatr137

Thank you, madhatr137. All of the folks on the opposite side of the fence from you, myself included, seemed to have thought that huntergatherer was trying to poke US with a sharp stick. Your post was a perfect illustration of how it could be taken either way. Maybe he was poking at all of us...

Or maybe none of us.

Amazing how touchy folks can get sometimes, isn't it?

nenothtu out

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
You may call me naive, you may think me a fool, but this violent revolution of yours will not happen. At least not in my lifetime (I'm 31).

Our government is a master at the "soft sell" and they will gently erode our freedoms all the while we will keep them in power as they do it.

Psychology has gotten so good that the government knows exactly what to tell you to placate you in one direction and make you fear in another direction.

Unless those revolutionaries exercise EXTREME patience, they will move before they have the numbers, before they have REALLY secured the hearts and minds of the American People, be demolished by an overpowering force, so much so that it could definitely squelch any other budding uprisings.

The internet can be a tool to help unify, but it could also be used against the revolutionaries.

This is a very tricky business this revolution. Especially in a time when so many receive so much from the same government you would have them attack. I'm not saying it's right, but it is what it is.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by beefytee]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Who is poking who indeed...

All I know is there is a lot of chest-puffing and irrational thought coming from both sides in this thread at this point and time...

...admittedly myself included...

...touchy, yeah, we all do get so very touchy when the insiuations start flying, don't we...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by madhatr137

It indeed does get heated when the insinuations are exchanged. If we can learn to respect others of differing opinions, even when they themselves are insulting, then our exchanges can bear fruit. Perhaps even considering that those that might seem irrational, have lost part of the support for their argument in the hast of formulating their reply; many times I myself have rushed in to post an answer which did not reflect the supporting rationale to make for a reasoned argument. Tolerance is a virtue I am striving to master, but as you may have noticed, I have much to learn.

May I suggest that each respondent who is preparing have a reverse osmosis hand pump water purifier with the compactly to supply enough water for their family; along with a one to two year supply of freeze-dried food. Other needs you can fill in, but these are list toppers. Remember mineral rich food supplements also.

[edit on 5/14/2009 by SGTChas]

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join