It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Push to Revolution

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
This may well be the best ATS thread I have ever read. Sorry guys but it is Freaking Hilarious. I appreciate the Internet bravado but I question your plan.

Before you load up your shotgun here are a few things to think about:

Armed revolution rarely ends up as planned. More than likely you’ll end up as guerillas, aka terrorists, hiding out in the wilds of Colorado or you’ll march a dictator right into power.

We have the most powerful military the world has ever seen. Now I’m sure many of you armchair warriors believe you can shoot a Hellfire missile out of the air with your rifle and disable a Bradley Fighting Vehicle with the pipe bomb you made in your garage, but you can’t.

The USA is massive in size. I mean huge! Now if you wanted to take over Cuba or Long Island you might have a chance, but violently taking the US with an Army of Internet Commandoes…impossible.

War, even revolutionary war, takes money and lots of it. Maybe the CIA will fund you with drug money, but I doubt it.

There is a way to overthrown the system but it’s not with ol’ pappy’s shotgun. You have to do it from inside. Instead of buying another 300,000 rounds of small caliber ammo, use your money and time to get more education and then run for office. Of course that takes time and it requires a lot of hard work, so if you’re not up to it throw your full support behind someone already in the system with ideas similar to yours. I’m not talking about showing up at the ballot box and thinking your job is done. Start knocking on doors, attending conferences and informing your friends and family.

Tea Parties and their like are just a start. (Note about tea parties: don’t let the freaking Republican Party act as a freaking sponsor. Tell them to get lost and then tell the world why. The GOP is part of the problem.) Changing the world isn’t a three hour event, it’s a lifestyle.

Break the 2 party system!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by romanmel

I think you consider yourself a bit too important. I doubt Nixon gave a tinker's damn about you.

I was in Special Forces in those days, killing every NVA and VC I could, as fast as I could, while you were doing your "thing."

You didn't end the war, and if that's what you want to tell your grandchildren, tell them all the lies you want.

Ran into some of your ilk at the San Francisco International on my way home.

I went home with all my teeth, they didn't.

Sure wish we could have met. Could have been lots of fun!

"My ilk" was as a Marine in the mid-6o's, who did his time and saw what a waste of life, for no good reason, Viet Nam was. I had two close friends killed there...just as 57,000 other good Americans were. They all came home with their teeth too, allbeit in body bags. This was a war to make Johnson's war supply buddies rich, nothing more. Your "killing every NVA and VC I could, as fast as I could" certainly didn't end the war.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Yeah, I suppose you could say that. There are some folks I want nothing to do with.

A man is a summation of his actions. A man is not his schooling, his upbringing, his philosophy, or his station of birth.

I had friends who were against the war, and yet they never meant any ill will against the soldiers.

Others did have ill will against the soldiers, and I personally *ed up every single one I could.

Take Zindo. He was at Chicago, and that was a hell of a row. But listen to his words, his thoughts, his principles, and his demeanor.

Zindo is a man's man.

Read the other man's posts. His words make little sense. Some words blow this way, then the other way.

Some are too anxious. Those are the ones who are dangerous. Anxious, or impatient people will get you killed.

No, he won't pass my post.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Glad to see that I'm not alone in these thoughts. Things are (and have been for several years) troubling.
I'm not Right wing or Left wing. I'm simply a concerned American. I'm concerned about what is happening with our government and what is happening to our children's future.
That said, I'll be standing shoulder to shoulder with the other patriots posting here as well as any others in my community should the SHTF as much as I hope it never comes to that.
We CAN make a difference!!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues

Originally posted by xxpigxx
Hrmmm . . . It seems like the same four or five of us in each of these threads

I am with you guys 100% on everything you said.

We are watching....I'm with this guy^^^^

As am I.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Oh, I don't disagree with you anonymous on that point. When the time comes, we should be the first to resist peacefully. As you said though, if they continue and end up shooting americans in order to pursue their sick agenda. Then we should shoot back, NOT try to pursue talks again. This is what England and most of Europe did when hitler was in power, they talked, talked, talked to the point where they ended up giving up countries to the nazi regime, hoping it would quell his thirst for more power, and instead, it simply emboldened him more.

We cannot be that person though. We resist peacefully, then if they don't agree to our terms and end up pursuing conflict, then we have to shoot back. See what bothers me, is that many here that don't support the idea of a revolution, are implying that they JUST want to talk even when bullets are shot because they believe some silly notion that "everyone is good and we can all hold hands and sing Kumbaya" when the reality is the opposite. I am not gonna be that person, I will not be that coward. If you respect me and my rights, I will show you respect back. You shoot me or try to harm me, I will NOT try to reason with you, I will shoot you back.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by demo_man07

Again the stupid point rears it's ugly head (yes, it IS a stupid point)
"OMG! YOU GUYZ ARE GONNA BE CALLED TEH GUERRILLAS AND CALLED TEH TERRORISTS LOLOLOLOLZ!!!!!1!!"

I'm sorry, but you sir have forgotten your history. You honestly think we CARE that we're called terrorists and traitors? Did you forget that the founding fathers of this country were FIRST british subjects BEFORE they became Americans? and yes, they too were called "terrorists" and "traitors" Do you think that stopped them from doing what is RIGHT?

As for revolutions never going "as planned"? no duh!
What exactly makes you think ANY armed conflict goes "as planned"? Do you think you're playing a video game? Tips and tricks and "plans" on beating a videogame don't apply. The thing that you perhaps don't realize though, is that not only are we aware that it won't go "as planned" but we are still preparing the best we can for any and all situations. Would you rather we didn't? "Luck favors the prepared" and make no mistake, this conflict IS coming. The question is... are you going to be prepared for it?

Edit to add: Oh, on that point, we're ALREADY called terrorists by the way as one pamphlet from Homeland security declares, we STILL don't care. We want what's RIGHT not what happens to be convenient for the govt.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Question]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

What "other man" are you referring to? Not me I hope

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by demo_man07

We have the most powerful military the world has ever seen. Now I’m sure many of you armchair warriors believe you can shoot a Hellfire missile out of the air with your rifle and disable a Bradley Fighting Vehicle with the pipe bomb you made in your garage, but you can’t.

C'mon, man! EVERYBODY knows ya take out armor with molotovs and shaped-charge IED's. Pipe bombs are strictly anti-personnel!

On a more serious note, you appear to be one of the ones I speak of when I say there's folks out there that put entirely too much faith in technology.

nenothtu out

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Others did have ill will against the soldiers, and I personally *ed up every single one I could.

That's understandable. I won't shed any tears for people who spit in the faces of those who risk their lives defending them.

And although I disagree with zindo about what utopia is, I'm sure he is a good man too. I just have different views politically, most closely along the lines of libertarianism, but I don't like labeling myself at all. I'm just concerned that if and when a big change happens, we will all be at war with each other over how things are run afterward.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Agree with you on that point. How soon people forget that, for as technologically advanced our army is, they STILL had a hell of a time fighting off VC's in nam using guerrilla tactics, and even in the recent Iraq war where people were using IED's that were activated with friggin CELL PHONES for goodness sake.

Not to mention that, some people are STILL putting way too much faith in
a) that ALL of the U.S. army is simply going to "follow orders" and shoot every dissenting american that has a legitimate reason to revolt. It doesn't happen that way. I'm sure some would provoke mutiny in order to make sure their families are safe.

b) that the U.S. govt. would actually be dumb enough to use some of their severe heavy artillery like nukes for example. It ain't gonna happen. It would make the land and what little (if any) infrastructure completely useless for YEARS to come, and what's the point of trying to conquer a land and it's people if not only do you destroy them, but destroy the land you were planning on using? Let me put it this way, if we didn't even bother using them (after ww2) on foreign countries, lands too far away to have much interest in, why on earth would they use them on their own turf?

Technology can only go so far, the human will/conviction/spirit (or whatever you want to call it) is what takes it to the next step.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
In my mind the "revolution" has already begun. In my state, we have drawn the proverbial line in the sand. This is how it begins. We told the feds what we will accept and what we will not accept. We clearly spelled out the consequences should they push us. A whole state. Not just a "small minority of rednecks". In case you didn't know Montana went to Obama in the election. But we must still all be racists right? It makes me sick that if you disagree or criticize the messiah you cowards immediately play the race card. I considered voting for the guy but he is just to shallow and has no real substance. He has broken every promise he made. Every single one.

Having seen and dealt death on the modern battlefield i have no wish to ever fire my rifle in anger again. However i will not sit idly bye while everything my forefathers fought and died for is stripped down and perverted. So, that's how this thing starts. Each state stands up for themselves. If the feds push us we will push back. My state has made this very clear, now its the fed's move. As for you cowards, read my sig and you will know where you and I stand.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
What saddens me is that there are actually respondents to this thread who believe that anyone would get excited over the coming Revolution; as if carnage, destruction and death are some type of perverse fun. It was a report to Bush Sr.’s (senior member listed) Trilateral Commission 2006 council meeting on “Regional World Governance” that stated that ‘patriot and Christian’ groups in North America would not turn in their weapons and submit to transitional martial law without the use of “irresistible force”. The Statist enemies of the Constitution are forcing revolution on us in their mad rush to a one-world government.

Furthermore, our enemies are any who wish to use activist courts or the whipped up will of the majority to abridge the Constitution, from the left OR the right. This IS NOT about political affiliation; this is about the restoration of our Constitution and the forcing of our government back into its constitutional boundaries. This is about defending the rights of ALL, ESPECIALLY the ones you disagree with politically. We must remain united by the fact we are all Americans.

On WW2 rifles coming home with GIs, many a commander turned their eyes away from duffle bag souvenirs from the war. Indeed, the government even had a program were you could buy your rifle for $50.00. Most GIs figured they had earned the right to take them home and used the duffle bag discount as back then the government was not as paranoid about such issues. I even have an uncle that has several pineapple grenades and a Tommy gun still in his duffle bag; along with an SS helmet from the last Nazi he killed, which still has a bullet hole, piece of skull and long dried blood in it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Ask Dr. Ron Paul how getting an education and running for office to change things is working for him.

The latest executive orders have sealed our fates.

The time for doing things the political way is over.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
My question here isnt when this "revolution" will begin, its what will happen when years have gone by and the talk of "revolution" is still be echoed among the fringe. Will you recognize then that there is no revolution?

Revolutions are started by a wider consensus of the populous frustrated with the current state of the government. Those individuals, who barely make a fraction of the population, frustrated at the democratically elected president, mostly based on ideology and personal dislike, are of no business to start any revolution, and do not represent the wider consensus of people of these United states of America.

There will be no revolution, because the people feel no need to have one.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Nicademus, EXCELLENT sig! Good to know there are more people out there that have such resolve. Too many people are too quick to compromise that they end up forgetting what it is that they stood for in the first place.

reply to post by SGTChas

Sarge, couldn't agree with you more, especially that first paragraph. I think too many people have been playing video games for too long, they know think that WE think that way. How soon people forget that, it's not about what we WANT, nobody WANTS to go to war, nobody WANTS to kill other people or risk being killed (except for few sick people) but we very well might NEED to in order to secure our place as individuals and save our families from tyranny.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Actually, last I checked, the american war of independence was not necessarily fought by a large percentage of the populous. I think it was like only 10% or 20% granted, they did have approval of a large portion of the population at the time. But what makes you think that won't be the case? with all the evidence that has been presented so far, I'd say we're very close to getting there.

The way I see it, you seem to think that way simply because you somehow think that 54% of registered voters somehow IS the majority, without even bothering to consider the unregistered voters and of course, the opposition. Not to mention that I'm sure you don't want any harm to come to your "party" and your "messiah" so you try to hide and distort facts to support your ideas.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Question]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I forgot to mention. Nobody wishes to start this war, we aren't planning on an offensive. We are preparing ourselves for the future.

Some of us have different beliefs on what may happen. I am the type that believe in the prophecy so deeply that at this point I think it is now totally unavoidable.

All the corners of the earth are going to go through hell.

I ask you this, do you want the people (FEMA) that handled hurricane Katrina in charge of your survival. I'm fairly sure your answer won't be yes.

Do not wait till this is at your front door. You must prepare now, otherwise you are going to feel just like New Orleans did that horrible week.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by sticky]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
I'm just concerned that if and when a big change happens, we will all be at war with each other over how things are run afterward.

As am I... but we're FAR from there yet.

In my eyes, we simply need to restore the Constitution of the United States to it's original form, minus any amendments that were (ahem... 16th) never properly ratified by the states.

That's why I'll happily be one of the grunts, and will go back to being a benchman, farmer, or start a millworks "after"... I have no desire to be a statesman. That'n I don't talk so good, being of very little brain.

That is exactly what we will need though- statesmen (and women), not politicians. There were some stellar ideas in this thread on who should serve, and criteria for service (sorry for not giving credit directly poster that suggested this).

Originally posted by nenothtu
On a more serious note, you appear to be one of the ones I speak of when I say there's folks out there that put entirely too much faith in technology.

Hehe... plus there's people out there that can make...stuff.

Originally posted by demo_whatever07

See above reply, with one addition...

It's becoming more and more obvious that if there were a military that would oppose we, the people, it would be foreign. Our military, by and large, is in support of the people, their countrymen. Why do you think TPTB are deploying as many as possible overseas? Let me help you connect the dots: To spread them thin.

Still, If I were in a blue helmet, I wouldn't want to face a well armed and provisioned force of Americans on their home field. Would you?

Hope that's detterrent enough for ya, PTB.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Question

Here's a Question to Question .....

What if Sarge and his merry men march up to your HOUSE , and decide

for the good of the Movement , they need your car and food supplies ....

You still gonna be a good boy scout , and tell your wife and kids

they need to lose a few pounds anyway ??

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join