It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Forget Coffee, These Numbers Will Keep You Up at Night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Deficits are basically Credit cards countries use to instill programs that are deemed
necessary at the time, but the money is lacking. So they borrow against the future
hoping the instilled programs promote enough growth to offset any borrowing
cost plus the actual dollar amount borrowed.

The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office says that Pres Obama's budget
and deficit projection's are too low. The president's budget will incur 9.3 trillion
in federal deficits between 2010 - 2019 , 2.3 trillion higher than Obama had claimed.

.Starts to get scary now

Obama's record deficits mean a record National Debt -- one that totals 17 trillion
up from the current 6.7 trillion.

. Little more scary now

White House budget chief Peter Orzag , in a March 20 conference call, admits that deficits in the 5% range of GDP are not sustainable. The CBO analysis , however, said the Obama budget would incur a debt-to-GDP ration of 5.3% for the Fiscal Year 2010 to Fiscal Year 2019.

. This Part Scared Me Most

By 2019 , the CBO said, a WHOPPING 82% of the Nation's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) will go to PAY DOWN the National Debt. This means in Future years, the Government could owe its creditors more than the Goods and Services than the ENTIRE country can produce.

Sen Judd Gregg said it best " It is as if you were on a plane and the fuel light can on and said that you had 15 min left of fuel, but the pilots kept flying as if there was fuel for an hour.

Well, the plane crashes and our country will crash and we'll pass on to our kids a country that we cannot afford". www.cnsnews.com...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
End the monetary system... It's time to move to a resource based economy that focuses on abundance. The monetary system is based on scarcity and corruption is its ultimate product. a resource based economy would dramitcally change everything on earth for the better.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
And you thought Bush had a 'terrible' deficit.

Yeah, I don't know what there planning on doing, I'm really hoping that there not just hoping this goes away. Either there is a big plan in the works, or these guys, all of them, are complete morons.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
And you thought Bush had a 'terrible' deficit.

Yeah, I don't know what there planning on doing, I'm really hoping that there not just hoping this goes away. Either there is a big plan in the works, or these guys, all of them, are complete morons.

Somebody has to step up and stop this , the MSM isn't going to do it

Just hope that Obama doesn't feel the need to Bail-out anything more

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
The only way to stop this is to totally opt out of paying your debts, change your life completely. Most people just don't have that kind of backbone.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

That's a interesting theory my friend, but this problem doesn't even
include Persoal debts, this is just the Gov Debt

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

Yep, if we do the unthinkable, and dare I say, "Let it fail". Oh god I got shivers.

Things will eventually start to heal, and innovations will come through, and itd be a beautiful recovery, right now when I see the politicians up there, I visualize them all gathered around in a circle, so I walk closer to it, and see them with a shoe in each hand beating a dead horse, aka the economy. Then when you think they've given up and the shoes have worn thin, they spend money getting new shoes to beat the dead horse. Hoping one day it will be resurrected.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The reason they do it anyway. The reason they don't care is because they are poised for the amero. Believe that or not but you will see a north american union and coresponding currency announced over the next few years, as well as the slow and continual merging of all nations into a world currency/government.

This is happening now and will continue over the next several years. I'll eat my hat if the dollar exists a decade from now.

So the only thing you should expect those who have a certain knowledge of this as fact to do. (for example those who were at the G20) Is to fleece every single dime that can possibly be squeezed from the populace now, while it still has value and they can use it to solidify and further entrench their position as our masters.

Do not be surprised if, In fact I will Predict a further bailout within 6 months.

Ask yourself, did you or can you personally say that you can see where any bailout money has helped the people? It was never ment to.

They must first bury us in the problem phase so that we will be begging for them to bring about their already planned new reality in the solution phase.

Deny ignorance

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

Sensible post, ergo a star for you.

To think that the world won't become a united world is pretty ignorant i'd say. Eventually it will happen, not with the sudden step of what Hitler had accomplished in his brief period of time. But with steady steps, NAU, and others, they will become a singularity more and more and more, kind of like a black hole.

It makes sense it just does. The thing I fear of is that it won't be as pictured in my mind, happy technological and medical advances, but more or less, Zimbabwe.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

This is happening now and will continue over the next several years. I'll eat my hat if the dollar exists a decade from now.

Your entire post is bang on the money my friend. And I'm as confident as you are that you won't be eating that hat.

static.seekingalpha.com...

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
We simply have to realize three possibilities:

1) That the people in charge of the system are incompetent and really are in it for their own power. None of them read the bills they pass and are dreadfully unaware of the ramifications of their actions. If this is the case, stock up on ramen noodles and cat food, as it will be a bumpy century.

2) That our leaders are actually much more knowledgeable than we give them credit for. They are already working to enhance and reform the system to prevent a major meltdown in the future. I have no idea how they would do this, but, this eventuality assumes that the people in charge are in charge by virtue of their superiority on such dire matters

3) That there is something bigger and more menacing just around the corner and most of us aren't going to be here to worry about debts and those sort of things. So, if I were government, just make the people happy in the relatively short time they had left.

I hope for #2, predict #1, and dread #3

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iago18
We simply have to realize three possibilities:

1) That the people in charge of the system are incompetent and really are in it for their own power. None of them read the bills they pass and are dreadfully unaware of the ramifications of their actions. If this is the case, stock up on ramen noodles and cat food, as it will be a bumpy century.

2) That our leaders are actually much more knowledgeable than we give them credit for. They are already working to enhance and reform the system to prevent a major meltdown in the future. I have no idea how they would do this, but, this eventuality assumes that the people in charge are in charge by virtue of their superiority on such dire matters

3) That there is something bigger and more menacing just around the corner and most of us aren't going to be here to worry about debts and those sort of things. So, if I were government, just make the people happy in the relatively short time they had left.

I hope for #2, predict #1, and dread #3

Any chance there is a 4rth option
Like its all a bad dream

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

By 2019 , the CBO said, a WHOPPING 82% of the Nation's Gross Domestic Product (GDP) will go to PAY DOWN the National Debt. This means in Future years, the Government could owe its creditors more than the Goods and Services than the ENTIRE country can produce.

Oh, well if they think we can last that long, then very few of our elected "leaders" even need to worry about being in office when SHTF! They'll be long gone, and Clinton/Bush/Obama will be telling reporters things like "If my economic team were in power, do you really think that this would have happened?"

By the way, I can't think of a realistic way that 82% of our GDP goes to pay down the national debt. That's a thinly veiled way of saying "we're going to default VERY soon, but we don't want the public to know about it. Like, this year."

[edit on 11-5-2009 by theWCH]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by theWCH

Oh, well if they think we can last that long, then very few of our elected "leaders" even need to worry about being in office when SHTF! They'll be long gone, and Clinton/Bush/Obama will be telling reporters things like "If my economic team were in power, do you really think that this would have happened?"

By the way, I can't think of a realistic way that 82% of our GDP goes to pay down the national debt. That's a thinly veiled way of saying "we're going to default VERY soon, but we don't want the public to know about it. Like, this year."

well you cant spend like there is no tomorrow , because there is , and it

comes, time to pay for last nites party

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Seany

That's not scary at all. Not in comparison to the fact that the $ is doomed to fail, sooner or later.

The entire American financial system is fundamentally flawed in that every $ is "loaned", with a debt attached. How do you pay a debt back with money that doesn't exist?

Our governments are well aware of this, and we all worry about money for no reason at all. The only reason for it to exist is to control the population.

So, if people understand and accept that every $ is issued with a debt that can never possibly be paid back, and that this debt is only going to increase exponentially, where do we go from there? What difference does any of it make?

Add to that people are being encouraged to live just as they did prior to the crisis, how does that make any sense?
Billions of people lived beyond their means, and this caused the crisis we currently have, assisted by bad decisions and greedy organisations. But people are being told it's business as usual. How do we expect things will somehow turn out differently this time around?

The global financial system will never recover. The $ will fail. There will be revolution in many countries.

The PTB know all of this, they're just buying time and hoping that when the SHTF for real, their balance books will become meaningless and insignificant.
The main question is, will yours?
As a citizen surviving on credit cards and loans, with immense debts attached to your name and home, will your balance books be wiped out with it, or will the PTB still insist that you pay it back?

Right now every person should be living within their means, forget the new car (no matter what special deals they try to make), forget moving to a bigger house, forget another credit card. Do not fall for their ploy of "everything is fine, as long as we all keep spending!"
Recycle, make do, grow your own, car share, save energy, do whatever you can to make you and your family self sufficient. Do not rely on any government to save the day, because they won't be able to, they're all as powerless and debt-ridden as the rest of the population.

Mark my words, millions of Americans are merely surviving on credit cards, and the moment any credit card company hits a bump in the road (which they will when they realize so many people are using one new card to pay off another) the entire financial system will implode.
The money doesn't exist, not in your pocket and not in theirs. It's inevitable that this fact will eventually be uncovered, and when the scale of it is realized it'll make the current financial crisis look like a day at the fair.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Well people that is how "government has grown to be too big for its own good", The "deficit projections" are actually nothing but "gambling" on the tax payer that will be the one forwarding the taxable income to pay for the "interest on the loans owed to the Federal banks, that issue treasury bonds to put on the "auction block for countries like China (our biggest buyer of debt) to forward the money.

So if you know that our unemployment is at a 25 time high since the depression and with not new jobs been created due to outsourcing, in sourcing and bad government policies while bending over for NAFTA, WTO and the likes we are nothing but a nation that its glory is almost nothing more than a memory.

Get use to see this great nation been slowly reversed to pre industrial status while more and more people are losing their jobs and the American dream.

So some "developing country like China can take the center stage as the next superpower".

Because thanks to Americas citizens consumerism and political greed that is what is happening and is happening faster that anybody think.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by marg6043]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Get use to see this great nation been slowly reversed to pre industrial status while more and more people are losing their jobs and the American dream.

So some "developing country like China can take the center stage as the next superpower".

Because thanks to Americas citizens consumerism and political greed that is what is happening and is happening faster that anybody think.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by marg6043]

There probably will be a massive " waking up" in a couple of years as the
writing on the wall becomes more evident

new topics

top topics

join