It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not funny: Barack Obama laughs at Wanda Sykes "joke" about wanting Rush Limbaugh dead

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is one of those 'surely we have more important things to worry about' topics. But oh well, this is how popular media works.

I have been following Rush lately and this guy has without doubt crossed into the realm of treasonous behavior. Not only that he is enjoying it. In my view he is no longer an American, so he is fair game to be attacked and even laughed at by our president.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

I have a joke that Wanda could have used, maybe it wouldn't have generated such angst and vitriol:

"What's the difference between Rush Limbaugh and the Hindenburg?

One is a flaming bag of hot gas....and the other is a dirigible!"

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by mkross1983

I have a joke that Wanda could have used, maybe it wouldn't have generated such angst and vitriol:

"What's the difference between Rush Limbaugh and the Hindenburg?

One is a flaming bag of hot gas....and the other is a dirigible!"

That's a great one. I lol'd irl.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
I have been following Rush lately and this guy has without doubt crossed into the realm of treasonous behavior. Not only that he is enjoying it. In my view he is no longer an American, so he is fair game to be attacked and even laughed at by our president.

So that's your opinion on anyone whose opinion doesn't jive with your own? What if I were to tell you that I found your opinion, what you just wrote, so utterly reprehensible that I believe it no longer makes YOU an American? What if I say YOU are fair game to be attacked by anyone on ATS simply because I don't agree with what you say?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I got a joke Wanda could have used too!

What's the difference between Rush's drug problem and Mr. Obama's drug problem?

Rush admitted he had a problem and got help....Mr. Obama admitted he used drugs but never told us when he stopped!

That would have had them rolling on the floor!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
A comedian told a joke. He thought it was funny. He laughed. If Rush had been sitting in the audience and Sykes would have actually tried to kill the guy, he probably would have not laughed.

Get over it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Ok, so I watched the video.

Yes Wanda was pushing the envelope, and you can see Obama have a very awkward smile as he reaches for his glass.

He's exhibiting all of the traits of an uncomfortable man.

The audience showed a mixed reaction to the first joke, and his awkward feeling begins at that point.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I agree I think he looked akward.

Rush deserves to be mocked as often as possible though.
This thread should now turn in to a Rush L jokes thread.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
reply to post by weedwhacker

I got a joke Wanda could have used too!

What's the difference between Rush's drug problem and Mr. Obama's drug problem?

Rush admitted he had a problem and got help....Mr. Obama admitted he used drugs but never told us when he stopped!

That would have had them rolling on the floor!

Not really because Rush never really admitted anything until he was arrested. So that would have been a completely false representation.

Thought for sure you would have caught that one prior to posting RR. You detest false representations.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I believe that Oct. 1st 2008 the Red List was activated. I have been keeping track of suspicious deaths , disappearances, suicide ect ect. I think that guys like Limbaugh, Beck , Hanity,and others like them may seem like they are on the side of real Americans. The truth is they still answer to someone and there is an agenda. I find it amazing that these guys all went revolutionary weeks apart from each other. Are they for us or are they part of the machine. I will be doing a story on this topic this upcoming week. You can check it out at network1776.org

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Aren't you the morally just one of the bunch? If I hear another person say Rush Limbaugh said that he wants the country to fail, I'm going to puke. He wants Obama's policies to fail because they are un-American.

I also noticed you capitalized He when referring to Obama, I guess you worship him, huh?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
So what if it was a joke.

She went on a hate filled rant about Rush with a few bad jokes mixed in and President Obama laughed.

Rush does this on a daily basis and the same people who gripe and slam Rush are saying that this is okay. If Rush had said he hoped that Obama gets lung cancer as a joke, you guys would be the one complaining and the Rush supporters would be the ones saying that it was a joke.

I don't see the differance.

Yeah, except when Rush says it, it's not in a comedic context.

If you can't see the difference between the two, then I don't know what to tell you.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Come on guys, Breaking News Obama doesn't put cheese on his Burger. Last time I checked Obama is Human......These kind of topic will make it easy for Obama to win come 2012.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I thought the joke was funny. I could see how the President would need to react a little differently than I did.

I just watched the portion of the video on this site and it's great. I think I am going to save it or at least the link. She is pushing the envelope because she brings up a good point. I know a lot of people that secretly wish that Obama will fail and this is almost treason. I get it, some people just straight up don't like the guy. However, Obama's failure is tied into many things from large to small in this country that to wish failure upon Obama is just wrong. When I say this I mean failure as a whole because there are certain policies that might not get passed and the country would survive. I truly believe that anybody who wishes Obama's failure is plain ignorant because they have not fully thought through how that would effect the country.

Rush Limbaugh chooses the words that come out of his mouth that will be made public. When you say something you open yourself up for public criticism. Considering the extent of Limbaugh's comments I don't think the extent of Wanda's joke went overboard.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
WOW, Sykes was funny?
Someone else must have written her material. I actually laughed at some of it.
A first for me. Up until now, I didn't realize she was a comedian.

However, the premise for the Limbaugh joke was wrong!
I know that doesn't matter anymore. It's been used out of context in the Press for so long that the real meaning has been lost.

I want Obama to fail as well.
I consider his failure as a BIG WIN for the constitution.
And if it matters..I want Rush Limbaugh to fail too!
Not any of his organs, just the policies he pimps on his radio show.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Not really because Rush never really admitted anything until he was arrested. So that would have been a completely false representation.

Thought for sure you would have caught that one prior to posting RR. You detest false representations.

So having a drug problem is OK only if you don't get caught? We know when Rush quit, we still don't know when Obama quit?

[edit on 11-5-2009 by RRconservative]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
This is comedy, and when comedians give comedy it is respectful to laugh, if the audience or a person does not laugh then it was not a funny joke.
The Pres laughing at a joke is not harmful, it is healthy. Some of you are being way to serious here.

Take this youtube video for an example, 50 % of you will laugh, and the other half with think it is disturbing and a waste of their time. Even though 50% will hate it, it is STILL FUNNY.

Knock Knock Joke

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Wanda Sykes = not funny. Does she have a career, and if so, how?

Regardless, count me as one whose sense of humor is worn thin from witnessing the seemingly systematic destruction of our Republic by the Bush and Obama administrations. So both parties get to play at being funny and self deprecating while my son's future is destroyed by crooks who bribe them to look the other way. Sorry, but I am not laughing.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Yup. 2 important facts you need to know now-a-day.

#1: Wishing harm on a Democrat is against ATS rules, and may land you on the Homeland Security watch list.

#2: Wishing harm on a Republican is highly endorsed by ATS, and will land you on the Late Show with David Letterman.

The difference is most people who blast democrats do so by yelling "baby killers" and other weak-minded comments

i've seen plenty of "democrat bashing"

It's just done in a proper manner.

If you or anyone fails to see the difference, well....then you're probably part of the problem.

Wanda Sykes is a very funny comedian.

I agree with everything she said about El Rushbo.

If that makes me a liberal, then i say you don't know what you're talking about.

and by the way - since this thread is full of up tight rush babies, allow me to point this out:

Kidney Failure does not equal death.
It just means you need another Kidney or to go on dialysis.

So if we're gona get all "technical" on a comedian.....she didnt wish death on him, and the thread title is misleading and false.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Fremd]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
This is one of those 'surely we have more important things to worry about' topics. But oh well, this is how popular media works.

We're not even 6 months into this joker's regime, and his congregation is already talking treason on his critics? Anybody else thinking cult?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join