It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not funny: Barack Obama laughs at Wanda Sykes "joke" about wanting Rush Limbaugh dead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Well, you take issue with the POTUS behaving like a 'comedian off snl'??

Try this one on for size, Kemosabe:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

It is my opinion that one is no worse than the other. If there is a night in which the president is allowed to act like he is a comedian, or rather that this event is scheduled for this purpose, then it should be kept out of the media's hands, because they both look like dumbasses, pretending to be funny men, when in fact their job is the least funny in the world. The president, now or then or in the future, is not in a position to show the world how 'funny' he is.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
when was he trying to "show how funny he is?"
someone said he was acting like he was from SNL. (not watching the video due to a slow internet connection but reading the obviously slanted article) i read no way in which he was acting irresponsibly.
he laughed.
At a joke.
plus he probably had already been laughing before this kidney failure joke,at more jokes.
this would make him more prone to laughing at the ones that follow. namely the kidney one.
the man freaking laughed.
i would expect a bit more open mindedness on a website where reptillian alien overlords are taken as serious business.

im sick of this bickering between the two parties. i wish EVERYONE would grow up some. this type of stuff is childish.

end of my rant

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
i saw this on drudgereport and knew immediately that it was gona be posted here.

A few things:

1.) I agree with Wanda Sykes. I laugh about it too.
2.) This is no different than Rush Limbaugh wanting the country to fail, or making fun of Marty McFly for having a disease
3.) It's a joke. Lighten up. It's no different than "don't go hunting with Cheney" or "Nuklar" from Bush. It's not comedians fault that Republicans make themselves easy targets.

I saw the whole bit on YouTube and thought it was funny. I totally agree with you. People shouldn't take things so seriously.
Ha! You should've seen Glenn Beck's face, now there was one individual who seemed to be having a really sh...lousy time.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I wonder what all these people saying "hey its just a joke" would have said if instead of saying Rush, she substituted it with Barrak Obama.
You think they would like that? Oh you are damned right they wouldnt.
This thread would be ALOT longer if it were.

My Two Cents.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I dislike rush, and I feel that when a person acts the way he does,
he should be able to take it or have tough skin.
I don't like any person to be attacked or wished dead or put down but for all the years that Rush has done it...oh well.

The joke that bothered me was the one from Obama about the Air Planes.
I work with a few people who are from NYFD and have PTSD from 911 and know how raw and open those wounds still are for those people and how that plane flying low really just hit a nerve with people(for those who were deeply impacted immediately involved with 911 soon after became depressed, suicidal, and obtained drinking and drug problems, such an event like that low plane fly over could have been a major trigger for any one of those negative coping skills to come back, wasting years of hard work and healing), and to make a joke of it is kind of just as bad taste as the idea was in the first place.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I thought that Obama's entire speech was inappropriate. Kidding about the first ladies right to 'bear arm/bare arms' a smack in the face to anyone who is taking seriously the fact that our right to bear arms IS in jeapardy, the joke about the plane, his daughters being grounded for making them fly air force one over manhattan, come on, what must other countries think of our president making such light and trivial comments about things of such great imortance to others? He is the president, not a comedian!!!!! And most of his 'jokes' were in very poor taste. I am not an Obama basher, I voted for him myself, but he showed a great lack of fortitude IMO, with his comedy act.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ELECTRICkoolaidZOMBIEtest

You should view the entire event, you are missing the point, I know the statements about Rush are the focus of this thread, his laughing at the idea of the death of Rush, however, the whole 'speech' was him trying a hand at a comedy sketch, or so it seemed. I am embarressed for our nation as the rest of the world sees it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
This thread is a perfect example of how the rest of the world sees america

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by happyc

Yup. I love democracy =)

Three.
Four.
Edit- stop rolling your eyes , you dont know what its like to be this pimp.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Common Good]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Yup. 2 important facts you need to know now-a-day.

#1: Wishing harm on a Democrat is against ATS rules, and may land you on the Homeland Security watch list.

#2: Wishing harm on a Republican is highly endorsed by ATS, and will land you on the Late Show with David Letterman.

Exactly, the net is turning into this only uk/usa/israel only net where no ones else can hate but them.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
What I find to be interesting in all of this is the dramatic reversal from the past many years...

During the Bush Administration, liberals had to endure the Gasbag pundits, Rush, Hannity, et al., "jokes" about locking up liberals in Guantanamo, torturing liberals, liberals being un-American, Terrorist-loving, treasonous scum, etc....when Left complained about such rhetoric from the Right, they were met with the reply of "its a joke, get over it", or "we won the election, deal with it", "you liberals just hate Free Speech, don't you..."

What I find most funny about it all is that what Karmic retribution the Right are on the receiving end of is largely focused on the individuals who were, previously, most aggressive in their rhetoric toward the Left...Its funny how when the liberals were out of power, they were at the comic disposal of the Right....trashed constantly, made a big joke of...and they had little or no recourse for reply...now, they're in power....and somehow, its in poor taste for them to reply? Rush can spew all kinds of bile and hate from his little box-roomed studio in New York, but should the Obama Administration make a joke out of him...how dare they...?

Last I recall, the President and his staff do not lose their own freedom of speech when they enter the White House... So, they responded...so, they've reacted to the individuals in America who are attempting to undermine the Administration, people who are trying to paint them as harmful to the nation....should they not respond? Should they just allow these individuals to be held unaccounted to their words and efforts to not only "hope he fails" but to do whatever they can to make sure he does...?

That is the thing about Freedom of Speech...it doesn't come with Freedom from Accountability...and the Obama Administration, when and how they respond, will be held accountable to how they react....and, through how the media decides to paint this issue, the American people will be the judges...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Also it shows the stup1d pretence of liberals, that shout out against torture, but love the fact america kills and tortures anyone they want.

Just also shows how america is a torture nation whether left or right, and the left love it just as much as the right, as shows like 24 and americas obsession with violence shows, that it is not only republicans that are into all those things.

But we have to put up with planks like these comedians, that would say these things and then go out marching agaisnt torture.

If something is wrong it is all the time, not when your side is not in power. Its amazing how the left also claim they have some massive intellect and then they show there true colours like this.

Shows both dies of coin, is scum, and like all of us say, there is no left or right, it is just stup1d vs morons, not left vs right.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

wishing harm on a republican is against ats rules, and may get you some unneeded attention.

wishing harm on a republican is also against ats rules, and will result in a lot of people getting pissed over a lil Dijon mustard because they seriously have nothing solid to go on yet, so they fill the gap.

wishing harm on dem. or rep. because you prefer the view of either will also show your total ignorance as to who these people are and why they are really not two different teams, but actually just taking turns at playing offense and defense. you know like a scrimmage; they help each other help themselves.
write that down.

oh yeah, it was also a joke made by a comedian that gets paid for writing jokes, look it up it's a whole profession. and, people laugh at said jokes as well.
if you didn't know.
just trying to help you out ferris bueller, and all the rest of you - 'i got the republicans/democrats backs homie, make a joke bout my boy one more gain n ima slice you!' - crowd too.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

Originally posted by logician magician
Would you have she did a "Why did the chicken cross the road" joke?

Or maybe, "A horse walks into a bar..."

The jokes she was telling, they fall under the category of "adult humor".

Apparently, the right doesn't have any adults.

Hypocrisy test for you.

There are Obama jokes and cartoons all over the internet. Some could even be classified as adult. Now, do you think they are funny? Even if you don't, is it OK with you that these jokes are circulating?

Well?

Here's one that came right to mind.

NY cartoon appears to link Obama to dead chimp

How many of you comedian apologists think this one was funny?

[edit on 5/11/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Rush Limbaugh is a boob with the IQ of a fungal growth, I would laugh at that joke!!!! At least he wouldn't be spewing his droll outdated views all over our airwaves any more!!!! An old fart that probably stinks as much as his opinions do!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

You telling me that racism is only limited to right sided people, you have got to be kidding me.

Do you think that black people are the only people on this planet to have racism against them, come on now.

Torture is something that is wrong, and no matter what side your on. But the thing that gets most right sided people, is the way these leftists go marching to stop torture, then they are ringing up homeland security to get someone tortured.

Left sided people do not think as much as they claim, and they are just as bad as so called right sided people.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Rush Limbaugh is a boob with the IQ of a fungal growth, I would laugh at that joke!!!! At least he wouldn't be spewing his droll outdated views all over our airwaves any more!!!! An old fart that probably stinks as much as his opinions do!

At least your one for free speech there, lol.

Like william cooper said, if you do not let someone else have there right to speak, you cannot want it for yourself.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by ldyserenity

At least your one for free speech there, lol.

Like william cooper said, if you do not let someone else have there right to speak, you cannot want it for yourself.

Funny how that right is only applying to Rush Limbaugh and any democrat who wants to speak out, either the radio/tv(or the FCC) tells them no or they put them somewhere they'll never be heard. I am for free speech, but the fact remains there is no one that is televised for the other side...IMO.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
oh yeah, another bit of info: she never said anything about wanting him dead. She brought up how Rush said that he hoped this administration would fail.
She replied with an ironic joke:

"rush limbaugh 'i hope the country fails' , i hope his kidneys fail."

because in the same sense the result would be bad:

kidney failure of Rush Limbaugh.
or
Total failure of an administration and possible failure of many, many other things not only in america but worldwide. i.e. no healthcare coverage for many which would lead to? (drumroll) kidney failures, heart failures, rampant illness, etc.....
so when Rush said 'I hope this administration fails.' and you were thinking 'hey, me too!'
then you really made a mistake trying to find an argument simply structured because of Obama laughing at a joke. What about the other people in the crowd, huh?
Rush is also a leader, but where are his morals when it comes to statements?

do you get it now?

ha ha..lolz???
no?
...........ok pass me the dijon then.

I'm not flaming, I'm truthing.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join