It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not funny: Barack Obama laughs at Wanda Sykes "joke" about wanting Rush Limbaugh dead

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
You're correct, I have shown disdain for Obama. I contend that he is the one making a mockery of his own message of hope for America when he says one thing and does quite another, but that's fodder for a different thread.

This thread has to do with a no-talent comedian at a government roast pushing the envelope. She went way too far when she started comparing Limbaugh to the 20th 9/11 hijacker. And I'm not the only one that agrees:

President Obama smiled at the time, but the White House declared Monday there was nothing funny about comic Wanda Sykes joking about 9/11.

Source: www.nydailynews.com...

Yes, you CAN go too far and she did. She went too far with the crack about Limbaugh's comments amounting to treason. She went too far when she said she hoped his kidneys fail and she went too far by comparing him to the 20th hi-jacker. And even the White House backs me up on that last one.

She is utterly worthless as a comedian and hope the White House bans her from ever performing at a government function again.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by sos37]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Awcomeon, surely some of you have seen "Roasts" before????

Its insulting, in bad taste, funny, true and nuts all rolled into one.

I dont suppose any of you remember Don Rickles???
He would tear a president apart right in front of him.

Get over it.

Those of you who think its demeaning, pleeeeeaze..... you aint seen nothin.

I hope this generation has some semblance of a sense of humor in its lifetime.

We all need it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Give me a real president, one that actually gives a damn about this country, and I'll show you a real sense of humor.

And I mean that in the most sincere way.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by sos37]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
If my memory is correct, President Obama laughed reservedly during the spit-up-your-juice funny lines that Wanda was slinging at Rush.

The President is put in a difficult position as he is 'supposed' to be entertained by the presenters AND also reserved when the entertainer is riffing on those that disagree with his policies.

I think he handled it as well as could be expected.

Did Wanda go over the line? Maybe. But in a country that still values freedom of speech, over-the-line humor is an appropriate battle technique for deflating those who use loud and insidious propaganda techniques to influence the citizenry in ways that many think are harmful to our great nation.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Yeah, that's a real knee slapper. You know what I see when she says that? I see a pissed off black woman retaliating in a flash of anger to something a white man said. Not only did he say he hopes the first American black president fails (he was clearly talking Obama's Marxist policies), he said it on NATIONAL talk radio! HOW DARE HE!! (sarcasm off)

1.) Yes, it is a knee slapper. The audience laughed hysterically- some shocked, others delighted, but all still laughing. Personally i found it hysterical. Have you ever watched a roast of a famous person?

2.) Why does skin color have anything to do with it? You are making race an issue, nobody else.

3.) I agree with you. How dare Rush Limbaugh ask for the defeat of Barack Obama. Obama is trying to fix the mess created by 8 years of deregulation by the Bush administration. And you call it marxist.

The typical response would be po-tate-o po-tot-o

but since you're talking about different things all together

i guess it'd be po-tate-o mush-room

This thread has to do with a no-talent comedian at a government roast pushing the envelope. She went way too far when she started comparing Limbaugh to the 20th 9/11 hijacker. And I'm not the only one that agrees:

Wow. you have no sense of humor...i bet you're a riot at parties :|

That aside, can you explain to us the difference between Rush Limbaugh making fun of black people:

I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

ou know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.

Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?

Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.

The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.

When talking about black people's opinions:

They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?

Take that bone out of your nose and call me back(to a black female caller).

Or about women

Feminism was established to allow unattractive women easier access to the mainstream

ya know, i could literally go on all day. But i posted those to make these points:

1.) You are reacting to a comedian's act in such a temper-tantrum style that it's sad. If wanda sykes doesn't mean anything - then why are you loosing sleep over what she said.

2.) I laid out Rush Limbaugh quotes above to draw a very distinct line. #1 Rush isn't a comedian, and his radio show isn't variety hour. His 'pearls of wisdom' are passed through the 'institute for advanced conservative studies' so if these snippets of racism and sexism are curriculum for conservative studies, then yes, i agree with Wanda Sykes, regardless if she's joking or being serious.

3.) There is a reason Rush Limbaugh isn't speaking out against Wanda Sykes. He actually learned his lesson. Like when he was a white guy getting away with a severe addiction to prescription drugs (see my avatar) and using his radio show to say "people like that should be arrested and off the streets" He realizes that he's said exponentially worse things about black people and women, than what Wanda Sykes just said about him.

If you savior, Rush Limbaugh, can see that and shut up - why can't his rush babies follow suit?

I thought Rush babies were supposed to be intellectually superior and all powerful?

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Fremd]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
If you savior, Rush Limbaugh, can see that and shut up - why can't his rush babies follow suit?

I thought Rush babies were supposed to be intellectually superior and all powerful?]

Oy. Again with the 'Rush babies' thing.

People who like Rush (I am not one of them) are not 'Rush babies'.

People who do not think it is appropriate for the POTUS to laugh at jokes that call for someone else's death or ill heath - are not 'Rush babies'.

Those people are allowed their opinions without being childishly called - 'Rush babies'.

BTW .... I notified the mods about that obnoxious U2U that you send me Fremd. It broke T&C rules.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
As for this Wanda Sykes .... I've never heard of her. All this controversy is just making her happy. She's getting free air time and recognition. Whatever.

Originally posted by Fremd
How dare Rush Limbaugh ask for the defeat of Barack Obama. Obama is trying to fix the mess created by 8 years of deregulation by the Bush administration.

Obama's 'fix the mess' solution is just making a bigger mess. As has been explained to you over and over and over and over ... Limbaugh saying that he hopes Obama fails means that Limbaugh was saying that he really hopes America will be successful.

Simply put ... Obama's failure would be good for America.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I laughed because I want him dead, too. Obama truly is my president!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Having two awful presidents in a row, two utter failures, will not in any way help America. Before the economy can get better, Americans have to believe in and be proud of America. Do you know how demoralizing having fail presidents is?

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Limbaugh saying that he hopes Obama fails means that Limbaugh was saying that he really hopes America will be successful.

"Work will make you free." Sound familiar?

People sometimes show their true self when their heads are buried in the sand. ( Ooopppsss, sorry. Bad visual.)

Back OT:

It was a joke at a roast.

Why do those who are so quick to exclude themselves as listeners defend him so vehemently? And yet remain silent when he attacks disabled and minorities?

It doesn't add up. (Unless it equals a double standard.)

Ethnocentrist much?

Regards...KK

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Discordian Queen
Having two awful presidents in a row, two utter failures, will not in any way help America.

You are right, two failures in a row won't help America.
But then again, having a president that is wrong be successful in his wrongness (new word
) won't help either.

Like I said ... I've never heard of this Wanda Sykes.
Like I said ... I don't like Rush (can't stand him).

Humor is in the eyes of the beholder.
I don't care one way or another about this 'joke'.
It was a 'whatever' moment for me.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Seems I remember not too long ago the Obama kool aid drinkin' babies were on the rampage over the dead chimp cartoon, trying to convince everyone the cartoonist was suggesting Obama was a chimp.
That cartoon was really funny but they didn't think so.

How will they react when some unknown comedian grows a pair and makes a joke about Obama being asked to test drive a new limo convertible, in Dallas?

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

How will they react when some unknown comedian grows a pair and makes a joke about Obama being asked to test drive a new limo convertible, in Dallas?

Ya know, it's funny that you make such sarcastic jokes about Obama.

Why is it funny? On a nightly basis, the Daily Show rips on Obama constantly comparing him to Bush.

So you see, despite the fact that you're unwilling to admit so, some of those "kool aid drinking babies" that you so un-creatively classified actually are free thinking individuals who aren't afraid to call it like they see it.

Much more than i can see from a lot of the GOP pundits out there.

"Being close to Russia means she has foreign affairs experience"

but wait, im guessing that was just supposed to be a joke as well?

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Simply put ... Obama's failure would be good for America.

Yeah that logic is impeccable... everyone wins when the President of the United States is a massive # up... I can see past Rush's hypocritical druggie bull# and realize he's damn smart if he has ideas like that.

Did this thread really need to go 11 pages? Really? Are people that turned off by Obama and that willing to get in bed with a piece of garbage illogical heroin addict like Rush Limbaugh that this thread went 11 pages? The President laughed at a joke, oh my god... that's almost as bad as invading countries illegally or murdering thousands of innocent people. Let's keep talking about it. Seriously, it's not pathetic yet.

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join