It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA SBL "Surviving Blood Loss".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Are the casualties being allowed or tolerated due to ulterior motive? Does this relate to the use of the new coagulants and MEM studies? Something is not right folks, what happened to the US bragging about it's "LOW casualty rate", maybe the following can shine some Illumination on it.

"Darpa, the Pentagon's research arm, has already started to investigate ways for soldiers to fight without sleep or food. Now the agency wants to see if G.I.s can carry on without most of their blood."

Source

Combined with the exo program, we can start to see a little foreshadowing.

"This technology will extend the mission payload and/or mission range of the soldier and increase the lethality and survivability of ground troops for short-range missions and special operations."

Source

Throw in some more scary DARPA stuff , and you might start to see where DARPA is going. Or at least where those with the money want DARPA to go.

So what does the end result in, sleepless tireless soldiers or better said, super soldiers. If this is what they allow us to know...

And people wonder why DARPA freaks me out.

[Edited on 27-4-2004 by ADVISOR]

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Advisor, the EHPA project seems very threatening indeed. Once we have the shell of a soldier, why not the brain of a soldier? Hollywood is always ahead of reality but it's starting to look like it's not so far ahead anymore. The specs for the Surviving Blood Loss project are pretty cut and dry wouldn't you say?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by titian
The specs for the Surviving Blood Loss project are pretty cut and dry wouldn't you say?

No, I wouldn't, I think there is more to it. There is always more to everything.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Thanks for the link on DARPA. I can fully understand why DARPA freaks you out, after reading what they are doing it freaks me out also. The individual projects are by themselves bad enough but how many people realize that these are all just parts to be fully intergrated into a complete system.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I wonder if there have been any other updates, since quickclot for example.

Has any one seen anything recent and currently released?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:05 PM
link   
civilian and military medicine have been looking into synthetic red blood cells and basically all synthetic blood products for a long time and we are getting amazingly close it sounds like. As far as surviving blood loss, I think its kind of a misleading thing. Now people can "survive" massive blood loss and trauma but often thats mostly a nominal thing. It isnt without severe medical implications (neurologic functioning, neuropathies, etc). I also have had a strong feeling that the military's #s of fatalities are skewed because with these new methods in trauma medicine a lot more people survive the initial threats only to die of complications weeks later, when they are in hospitals in Europe or the US.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Good post, ADVISOR. This thing definitely looks like it's going that direction, doesn't it? Ever seen Universal Soldier? It's a possibility that is becoming a reality, to the civilian community anyway. Various agencies and units currently utilize "similar" methods, such as guys on LRRP missions, and SF personnel.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I see where your concern arises, but honestly, all of this seems like reasonable steps forward in the evolution of the GI.

I mean, you go from throwing rocks and hitting people with sticks, to armor and swords, to muskets, to repeating rifles, to automatic rifles, to fully auto, to select fire and kevlar, to select fire + kevlar with night vision...

Whats the next step?

To me, it's clearly trying to integrate a new sensor fused multi-munition weapon system with a mechanical device that allows the soldier to be more armored and carry more equipment while also increasing physical performance. Thats what an exo-suit would do.

And lastly, the blood loss project is there to try and save human lives. It would represent a monumental increase in medical technology - not just for the military, but for civilians as well. Imagine being able to lose 50% of your blood in a car crash, but still having a solid hour before you would die.

Yes, all of this adds up to a "super soldier" by todays standards. But that would be the same as a midevil knight in comparison to a stone age warrior. It's simply the next generation of technology that will revolutionize ground warfare.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I was aware of that for some time now.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That covers about four pages worth of conversation, on that exact subject.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:10 AM
link   
now the question dat comes up is does the soldiers in current and near future want to be part of dis program? or is it goin to be soldiers dat are very obedient and will love to be augmented for dis program where they cant die from the loss of blood, or weaken if wounded. maybe clone soldiers perhaps. they wouldnt complain....... would they?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
now the question dat comes up is does the soldiers in current and near future want to be part of dis program? or is it goin to be soldiers dat are very obedient and will love to be augmented for dis program where they cant die from the loss of blood, or weaken if wounded. maybe clone soldiers perhaps. they wouldnt complain....... would they?

For the love of God please spell the words "this" and "that" correctly.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
I was aware of that for some time now.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That covers about four pages worth of conversation, on that exact subject.

I figured you would have heard of this, I put it up for the benefit of anyone who has not.

In any case, I must ask, exactly what is your fear?

Are you afraid that the military is going to harm it's soldiers (in the long term with unnatural chemicals etc imposed on their body) in return for better performance?

Or - to allude to the link you provided on the OICW - are you affraid of super soldiers that follow some NWO type leadership? Are you afraid that these soldiers will be too powerfull for our civilian weapons to be effective if we ever needed to defend our selves?

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
What bothers me the most, is that the government allows tests and other such expeiraments to go unknown. They have used US soldiers for lab rats for decades, and even into the new millenium. Just look at the antrax tests of the 80's -90's. I still think about the conversations my Ex and I used to have, she would call me up very late at night wondering about the injections we were given.

Even though she was Navy, and I was Army, both of us were never told as nobody was, what we have been actually injected with. I have heard that they were over seas shots, but then why four shots for a couple of us and one or two for the others, who are going to the same duty station?

Think about it this way, the major pharmaceutical companies that are known today, were started by Nazi German scientists. Every one knows these pharms have side effects that are deadly to many people, yet it is still on the market. Sure the chemicals have been known to produce some good results, but at what risk.

You asked what scares me, it isn't the good that will come out of this, it is the bad. The abuse of, and deliberate misuse, is what gets to me.

All of our history, things have been invented for the intended use to be beneficial, however history has proven this is not the case. Genetic modifications, gene splicing, DNA alteration, cloneing with its unknown mutational side effects. Nuclear technology was for good use but look where it has gone today, chemical & biological warfare and worse. How can anyone who is aware of such crazyness, not be unsettled by it all. Less than a decade ago, society mutually agreed cloning was not in the better interest of the world, as was bio/chem/nuclear warefare studies. Yet it all went on "underground", carried out by people keeping it secret.

We as a species have survived thousands of years, with natural medicine that has virtually no side effects other than allergies. We as a species have survived with out artifical manipulation, we have made it as we are, naturally.

Sure good things may, come of the studies, but don't be nieve to think it won't be abused, as it always has.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Point taken, especially on the use of soldiers as lab rats. Cocktail injections would not surprise me at all.

However, focusing on the SBL system/study specifically, I don't think there is anythng to worry about.

Such a system would most likely be something used after the traumatic event. I very much doubt it would be some kind of injection soldiers would get monthly so when they get shot, it would 'just work'. In this case, I really don't see a down side...If you lose 40+% of your blood, you are going to die. If such a system/drug/what ever can allow a soldier to live for 2 or 3 hours after being so badly wounded, and that allows him to get to medical support, and because of this he lives, what's the harm? The soldier would die without what ever side effects come from it... I just don't see anything wrong with this particular idea.

new topics

top topics

join