It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA's Most Dangerous Mission Ever, set for tomorrow 5/11/09- being stranded in space possible

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
You know if Nirbus is coming, it is only about, 16,556,400,000 mile from earth now. When they fix Hubble, will it be hard to find it when it's getting that close?
If it is Brown Dwarf will that make it a lot harder to see.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by googolplex]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

googol, I'm sorry, I just don't see the relevance.

IF the Nirbus (I assume you mean 'Nibiru'?) is where you say it is, then it is at about 10.4AU. That would mean it's approximately midway between the orbits of Jupiter and Saturn. (OR, if NOT orbiting on the plane of our Solar System, still that distance is for comparison).

Even IF the thing existed (it doesn't) it would be visible with Earth-based telescopes. The Hubble is designed for LONG distance viewing.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Yes you're right Q'girl.. sorry if anything I said was taken personally as it was not anything towards you as the OP.. NASA & MSM are subtly trying to delude us into believing we have accomplished something spaceworthy with this crappy PR..

of course if our exploits into space are less expansive than 40 yrs ago any right minded person must realise something is being covered up.

However regarding your noticing the "UFO's" they were merely some debris or satelites as the appogee and flight lines were very orthodox.

Live long & prosper

[edit on 13-5-2009 by NeonStar]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Check you calculations Niribu a lot further than that away it's not even near our solar system yet.
But if they turn hubble south inrelation to earth I think we are in trouble.
Sorry about spelling I'm new at it.

Can only be seen from south.
Maybe their fitting Hubble with wide angle lens.

I got 178.1AU

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

YOU edited your post AFTER I wrote mine!!!!

WHEN I replied to you, you had written 1 Billion miles. NOW you say 16.5 Trillion???

Do the calculations -- no, wait, I'll do them for you. I guess about 1330 days until 12/21/2012 (give or take a few, doesn't matter).

So, we take the 16.5 Trillion, divided by 1330 days and divided again by 24 hours....we get [drumroll pleas]...516,900,000MPH!!! IF you want the thing to get here in the alloted time.

Now...let's try to figure out that speed. Light travels at 186,000 MPS. Times 60 for MPM, times 60 again for MPH. Answer: 669,600,000 MPH!

SO that means that this imaginary Niburu is moving at 77.2% of the Speed of Light?? Not bloody likely.

EDIT here for your post down below...150MPS = 540,000MPH

Try to find any natural body in OUR Solar System moving that fast, please.

For comparison, the Earth moves at about 67,000MPH in our orbit.

You're correct, when you changed it it is 16.5Billion, my bad. I was thinking about the National Debt, and had Trillion on the brain!

[edit on 5/13/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Sorry saw my mistake but nibriu is moving about 150miles per second, and these are just what I think should be if traveling along with this solar system.

Hey and look again that's 16 billion and i didn't change any thing

Who said miles per hour You, I said miles, put your glasses on I put mine on.
And check speed of solar system around Milky-Way
This is not as the world turns but,The galaxy spins

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
You know if Nirbus is coming, it is only about, 16,556,400,000 mile from earth now. When they fix Hubble, will it be hard to find it when it's getting that close?
If it is Brown Dwarf will that make it a lot harder to see.

Don't worry, it' doesn't exist.

It's just superstition and scare mongering.

Nibiru is a hoax.

It's all good

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

YOU edited your post AFTER I wrote mine!!!!

WHEN I replied to you, you had written 1 Billion miles. NOW you say 16.5 Trillion???

Do the calculations -- no, wait, I'll do them for you. I guess about 1330 days until 12/21/2012 (give or take a few, doesn't matter).

So, we take the 16.5 Trillion, divided by 1330 days and divided again by 24 hours....we get [drumroll pleas]...516,900,000MPH!!! IF you want the thing to get here in the alloted time.

Now...let's try to figure out that speed. Light travels at 186,000 MPS. Times 60 for MPM, times 60 again for MPH. Answer: 669,600,000 MPH!

SO that means that this imaginary Niburu is moving at 77.2% of the Speed of Light?? Not bloody likely.

Try to find any natural body in OUR Solar System moving that fast, please.

OK I just so had to give you a star for this !

Nothing blows away silly hypothesis' quicker then common sense, logic and a lliiiiiittttttllllleeee math

Good job !

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Is this thread about Nibiru or Atlantis?

Anyway looks like the damage to the heat tiles is fine.
I watched the crew recording each other and now i really hope nothing goes wrong.

Not that i hoped things would go bad before,its just after watching that footage...i now feel i have a very small connection to them.
Where before i had no clue who they were.

What do you all think of the crew of Atlantis?

Edit:Spelling.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by SvenTheBerserK]

[edit on 13-5-2009 by SvenTheBerserK]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

I thought it was about fixing hubble so they could watch Nibiru, and waht are they really doing up there.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Recheck ur math I made mistake I corrected it, read wacker also made mistake.
Please do own math if care to comment.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Atlantis has the Hubble Telescope

link:
news.yahoo.com...

CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. – Atlantis' astronauts reached out and grabbed the Hubble Space Telescope on Wednesday, setting the stage for five days of treacherous spacewalking repairs in a lofty orbit littered with space junk.

It was the first time anyone had seen the orbiting observatory up close in seven years.

"Hubble has arrived on board Atlantis," commander Scott Altman said.

"It's great to be back with the telescope," replied Mission Control.

Robot arm operator Megan McArthur used the 50-foot boom to seize the school bus-sized telescope as the two spacecraft sailed 350 miles above Australia.

With the telescope safely in hand and launch debris concerns put to rest, the astronauts and flight controllers turned their attention to the upcoming repair work.

That part went smoothly - which is great!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
You can watch it through this link through the internet

www.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

reply to post by SvenTheBerserK

I thought it was about fixing hubble so they could watch Nibiru, and waht are they really doing up there.

No it has nothing to do with the non-existent brown dwarf, planet or whatever the scare mongers are now claiming.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   

reply to post by jfj123

Recheck ur math I made mistake I corrected it, read wacker also made mistake.
Please do own math if care to comment.

OK how about I comment about this.
There is no such thing as nibiru except in your imagination. There is absolutely no evidence to suggest it exists.
There...Is that better????

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   

You should spend a little time reading up on Nibiru myths so you can spot the simple mistakes.
I have read some of Sitchin's books and found them interesting but personally I prefer Immanuel Velikovsky.

Nibiru is theoretically a planet with moons orbiting our Sun inside of our solar system not a star with planets. The idea of a Brown Dwarf star is based on a binary stellar orbit theory with our Sun's companion star orbiting outside of our solar system. The binary stellar orbit is an alternative theory to the observed precession of the equinoxes not to be confused with the Anunnaki trivia nor should the myth of Nibiru be confused with the Mayan calendar and Earth's winter solstice of 2012.

Don't get me wrong, I am interested in all of the above but when they are put together with the word "DOOMSDAY" added, which I have seen elsewhere, I cringe.

reply to post by questioningall

To the OP- Thanks for the thread questioningall (S&F) it has kept my mind off my own dangerous mission tomorrow which was something I most certainly needed.

Question- Will the Hubble ever be able to take pictures of our Moon or the Sun? A filter just for that purpose would be a great thing to add.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Really I hope there is no Nibiru, I also hope there is not a revolution.
It just is something I was thibking about Hubble has been broken for over a year as far as I know.
From what I understand they have been doing a lot with observatories in antarctica, none in arctic.
If something of this type were coming it would only be able to be seem from soutern hemisphere.
There is not enough openness with Government to even know what there up to, but before they said Hubble did it job and were going to let it burn, but they saved it.
Now putting 1.4 Billion to resurrect again

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

Actually there IS evidence - it keeps getting cleaned off the net - but go to youtube and look at Yowusa - vids of it. Plus there is a vid of it - that someone took before Microsoft telescope blacked out the section - of Nibiru - very good one in fact. but now that place has a little black square where Nibiru could be found.

Yes - there is something - otherwise - why have both goggle and Microsoft put a little black square on both their telescopes at the same spot? Answer that - think hard - because that is a hard one to answer.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I agree whole heartedly

Hubble has more than served it's mission for Nasa, under Normal circumstances with several better scopes planned

there simply is no reason to fix the Hubble

I don't know about Nibaru, my jury is still out

BUT

There is some damn important reason to risk lives...

Frankly I think this sort of thing should be daily by Nasa, but the save lives policy has always until today stood in the way... It has always been a hold back, the sheer lack of boldness Nasa uses, more people died making the brooklyn bridge than have died in space

WE wouldn't have the New World period if people didn't go on life risking missions centuries ago... so I have never agreed, the way to find out if Mars is habitable i.e. is to... go to Mars

so this is a precedent

and there has to be a real reason for it

whatever that reason is it's BIG

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by questioningall
reply to post by jfj123

Actually there IS evidence - it keeps getting cleaned off the net - but go to youtube and look at Yowusa - vids of it. Plus there is a vid of it - that someone took before Microsoft telescope blacked out the section - of Nibiru - very good one in fact. but now that place has a little black square where Nibiru could be found.

Yes - there is something - otherwise - why have both goggle and Microsoft put a little black square on both their telescopes at the same spot? Answer that - think hard - because that is a hard one to answer.

Actually there are many ways to confirm the existence of either an additional planet or a brown dwarf. There are millions upon millions of backyard amateur astronomers who could find evidence yet none is found.
There would be gravitational wobbles in our known planets but there are none.
There are claims that nibiru shows up every 3600 years and causes massive damage to the earth yet there is no evidence of this.

There are claims the nibiru causes a polar shift each time it passes which means there would be a polar shift every 3600 years. There is no evidence for this.

I could go on and on but you get the idea I hope.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join