It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Police Week 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I know many on ATS aren't fond of the police but as I am not one of them I thought this was an important occasion to note.

WASHINGTON-- Nearly 2,000 people rode their motorcycles out of RFK Stadium to honor fallen police officers Sunday.

The riders were heading to the National Law Enforcement Officer's Memorial in northwest Washington. Police officers from all over the country including Atlanta, Detroit, Orlando and Sacramento rode past the U.S. Capitol Sunday to remember their colleagues.

"We are just trying to show our respect to all those officers especially in the last year who have paid the ultimate price and sacrifice," says Fairfax County police officer Jesse Bowman. He added he wanted to pay respect to the families of the police officers as well. wtop

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

C.O.P.S. Concerns Of Police Survivors

I have many cop friends both in RL and on this site and they take a lot of flack the behavior of a few bad apples. The truth is that most of them do an excellent job protecting us from some very bad people and situations, in the process they and their families take incredible risks every day on our behalf for very little pay and no other reward than knowing the merits of doing the right thing.

So thanks guys.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
It is great that they do this. I know a lot of troopers and officers but thankfully none of them have been that unfortunate. I have the utmost respect for these officers.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by nastalgik]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Thank you for the thread S-Dog... It means a lot..

We had a small ceremony here. Not enough money in the budget to send anyone there...

Semper

new topics

join