It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re: H1N1 Virus. Please Stop. Thank you.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Reading

when pigs can fly
laughter may be the best medicine!

well, metaphorically speaking they can now if the spread of swine flu has supposedly travelled in the air

by the way, while we were all being bomblasted with swineflu on the media, the government in Australia introduced thermal scanning into the airports. I thought it was a controversial subject here but under the cover of this immense threat, no one batted an eyelid.

i get your point omegapoint.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Its a murderous affair to not try and mitigate its spread. Period!!!

Hi Donkey, yes I agree; however, I also believe that the bigger the lie, the more media hype!!!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think this chart speaks for itself.

It's not being talked about too much. If anything, it should be getting more attention by the average person

As stated earlier, focusing on the reality of the moment, and acting accordingly is the best possible action...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
All I'm suggesting, is that people of strong faith, who understand something of what's possible, focus on watching that graph peak out and fall back down, to nothing.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

that graph wont change until people realize that this is a concern and do there part to help the spread..And that is by washing hands,and being aware of how its spread..

The only thing that consetrating on the graph will do is give you crooss eyes..

Theres a time for faith and a time for physical measures..

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Yes - thinking about things going a certain way is a great way to help your brain act when it needs to.

It is a precursor to ACTIONS that facilitate that outcome.

If that didn't catch in your brain let me try it this way:

It had been raining for days and days, and a terrible flood had come over the land. The waters rose so high that one man was forced to climb onto the roof of his house.

As the waters rose higher and higher, a man in a rowboat appeared, and told him to get in. “No,” replied the man on the roof. “I have faith in the Lord, the Lord will save me.” So the man in the rowboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and suddenly a speedboat appeared. “Climb in!” shouted a man in the boat. “No,” replied the man on the roof. “I have faith in the Lord; the Lord will save me.” So the man in the speedboat went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters continued to rise. A helicopter appeared and over the loudspeaker, the pilot announced he would lower a rope to the man on the roof. “No,” replied the man on the roof. “I have faith in the Lord, the Lord will save me.” So the helicopter went away. The man on the roof prayed for God to save him.

The waters rose higher and higher, and eventually they rose so high that the man on the roof was washed away, and alas, the poor man drowned.

Upon arriving in heaven, the man marched straight over to God. “Heavenly Father,” he said, “I had faith in you, I prayed to you to save me, and yet you did nothing. Why?” God gave him a puzzled look, and replied “I sent you two boats and a helicopter, what more did you expect than that?”

You gotta do your part.

[edit on 2009/5/11 by Aeons]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

I dont trust, no rely on any source of information that can be edited by anyone on the web at any time....If i were you i would follow suit....from what i have read on the CDC and other websites that graph isnt correct.

I see this alot people quoting wikipedia as a source.....lets get out of the habit of this, it is not reliable

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Well no source of information is 100% all of the time. The thing with wiki is yes, it can be edited at any time, but it's also moderated pretty well. Some people seem to make a lifestyle out of being know-it-all's and correcting false information on that site.

I read somewhere that wiki was just as accurate as webster with an approximately 90% accuracy rate. Don't recall where I read this, so take that with a grain of salt..

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

Well then, you just watch, as this thing vanishes, and then again, watch its absence this fall, at which time we'll revisit this thread.

Some people know what I'm talking about, and it's based on the latest understanding about how the world really works, and the degree of flexibility that exists when consciousness is brought to bear.

I'm not just talking about head in sand wishful thinking here, but something much more fundamental and powerful.

To those who love to alarm people about this, and who are up in arms over it, soon enough you'll be as silent about it as the MSM has become, mark my words.

And for those who will, and who are like minded, join me in proclaiming an end to this virus pandemic nonsense, and let's focus on things of greater importance, for the betterment of one and all. In other words leave the faithless to the faithless, there's a new world waiting to be born, and it's free of the H1N1 virus.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

thats strange, this pdf document from aggriculture .gov says that swine flu has a mortality rate of about 1 to 4 percent........and ive found numerous sites including some off the cdc that suggest that your numbers are heavily inflated...

agriculture.sc.gov...

Once again, yes its good to be prepared, but panic is not.

my argument still stands

When this first happened, I mean in the first few days we saw a very high mortality rate of 7-8%, that was based on the available data. Doesn’t really matter now, as it doesn’t appear to have been true.

This may not be all that dangerous to me and you, but go to any school and see how many kids have heart issues or are immune compromised etc. The failure to mitigate the spread of this virus, or the failure to keep the public as informed as possible is the same as pulling the trigger on many of these kids.

If we had no protection to the standard yearly flu, we would live quite differently during flu seasons, as we would without a doubt seek to preserve the lives of those who are vulnerable.

What is happening here with schools refusing to close and complacency taking the stage is horrible any way you look at it.

What concerns me is not that the Media created Alarm when this news first broke, but rather that it has moved the PTB to near complete secrecy about this spread of this virus.

If you have ever read about the 1918 outbreak you would know that this behavior is common, and is without a doubt murderous.
bkmarcus.com...

This is just little side note.

Bush passed rules that restricted the Medias ability to report certain things about the War, particularly Afghanistan. I don’t know where you could look at this rule, but I do remember it being discussed before it went into effect.

That said the Governments control over the media really ends there with the exception of laws like those which prevent Orsin Wells type events from happening.

The Popular Media will avoid scandal at all costs, and does purport to be the Voice of the people. They do use there often biased views to push theirs and others agendas. The Government will and does bend to the voice of the popular media, the popular media is controlled by the Government thru the same. If the government doesn’t confirm something then it Is not fact and as such will not be reported as it may result in scandal or worse litigation.

Since its inception Corruption has been present in our government, and big business can get about anything they want passed into law. A good example is the diamond mining company that sought to mine the public diamond mine in Murfreesboro Arkansas. There were many laws in place which prevented it, but that was no bar and thru the use of their influence they had laws passed which allowed this company to block out the public and have exclusive rights to the mine. The only reason it is still open to the public is that the company found the mine to be not commercially viable.

The same do now, and will always make use of the popular media in the same way.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777

Its a murderous affair to not try and mitigate its spread. Period!!!

Hi Donkey, yes I agree; however, I also believe that the bigger the lie, the more media hype!!!

Why was the response hyped? At first Mexico reported a high mortality rate. If anything the response was slow, I heard about the outbreak a good week before the Popular Media said anything. It looked like a real killer, friend.

That said I have some serious issue with the American Media, but I feel their response to the Swine flu was more than appropriate. They are not fortune tellers after all.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Sure ok,your way of thinking is like jumping out of a plane with a chute with a cut rip cord,and praying that it works...

like i said,theres a time for faith,and a time for action..

Believe all the mumbo jumbo you want,do you beleive in reptilians too?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
It depends on how you define causation. If you believe as I do that everything is interconnected and that all action/reaction is a emergent phenomenon and is formative, arising from thought and strongly held belief, even to the extent of an acausal connecting principal - if you were to accept the book recommendation I offered and investigate such things free of contempt prior to investigation, then you might come to see the merit in what I am suggesting.

Put another way, in a non-local, holographic universe, and within the hierarchy of the tree of life, which is more powerful, the human mind, esepcially the human mind linked in parallel with other like minds, or, a virus? And furthermore, if you've done any research on what may be called "medical miracles", then you would not underestimate the power of thought and belief to overcome any and all threats to the human being.

So in effect I am addressing the virus, and saying to it - you're not helpful, and you are not wanted, you do not serve the creation, and so therefore, please go away - but this isn't possible, with everyone egging it on, and delighting in sharing as much bad news about it as possible, even to the extent of inflating it's power to spread and to kill.

It's just a new way of looking at the world and interacting with it, based on something both very new and very old, that's all.

I don't expect most people to get it, since we've all been raised in a materialist monist Newtonian Cartesian worldview, wherein such things as "miracles" are impossible.

But there is no denying that, standing relative to the as yet unborn future, we stand in relation to a realm of near limitless possibility, with the instrument of the human mind at our disposal, which is the most powerful and complex phenomenon, in the entire universe.

Some get where I'm coming from, but to others, it sounds like absurd nonsense I'm sure.

You see, I know a LOT of people are EXPECTING, with lots of passionate fear, for this thing to really take off, and even evolve and come back evollved and kill millions of people - so I'm hoping to create an even MORE powerful counter movement, of people who believe in the power of the mind and mind alone (of course it makes sense to wash your hands), to quash it, and to do so, we must expect for it to go away, and NOT to return more evolved, but to just do humanity a favour and die. No judgement, just go away H1N1. You don't belong and are not helpful. Wither and die, thank you very much.

And according to what I understand, all I need are just one or two others to join me in this affirmation and proclamation and BELIEVE IT, and it'll happen just like we ask. Why? Because it's for the good of one and all, and therefore resonant with the highest will or intention.

Like with most things, you are either part of the solution or part of the problem, but be aware that either way, you ARE a part of eveything and what you think and believe DOES have an impact, sometimes of the farthest reaching implications, if chaos theory and quantum physics has any validity you do.

What, you think everything just happens to you and that you are not an active participant in the whole of it all, for good or for ill? Wake up!

P.S. I applied this principal to the evils of the Bush administation, and was one of the first few hundred people involved in the 9/11 truth movement while facing much ridicule (told I was crazy then too), even coined the phrase "9/11 was an inside job" and though it took a LOT of effort, I think we had a definite impact wiping that viral infection from the face of the earth (although it would seem Dick Cheney still hasn't recieved the memo).

[edit on 12-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

If you stood under a piano, and they dropped it over your head, will positive thinking keep it from landing on you? No, gravity will have none of that, sorry. Same with this virus.

Bad analogy. Piano is not organic, so not so influencable by your 'vibes' man. Still is to some extent, but gravity is going to win for sure, unless you got some pretty hefty vibes.

Now, a virus is a living organic being, with some kind of intelligence, so a lot more susceptible to energetic influence from you or me or human beings en masse IMO.

A better analogy, although still not perfect, would be the difference between our two postmen. One is afraid of our dog (see avatar), the other not. Guess which one the dog tries to bite?

You could add in some other factors... for e.g. the FACT that fear, anxiety etc suppress the immune system whereas joy and feelings of security empower it - I thought everyone knew that?!?

Getting more metaphysical, 'we pull to us what we focus on' is highly accurate, however, most people have no idea what they are really focusing on as they somnambulate through the bulk of their lives anyway.

Just one more: a thousand wimpy and half-hearted positive affirmations are immediately wiped out and overpowered by one fully engaged and authentic expression of fear. Very few have that much control over their thoughts and feelings, and although a belief in the body's ability to self heal can be adopted in any moment, it seems to take quite a few years and repeated self proving to really take root.

ciao for now
R

[edit on 14/5/09 by RogerT]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaPoint
And according to what I understand, all I need are just one or two others to join me in this affirmation and proclamation and BELIEVE IT, and it'll happen just like we ask. Why? Because it's for the good of one and all, and therefore resonant with the highest will or intention.

It's a nice thought, but you are missing the point. The good of one and all is non-exclusive - there is no good, no evil, no bad virus. All is one and all is god/godly.

You'd have more luck with your plan by embracing the beauty of the virus, the beauty of its intelligence and instead of willing it to die off, just love it and let it be.

Ironically, the virus will persist in your reality to the exact extent that you resist it, and by trying to 'protect' yourself and others from 'catching' it, you are more likely to experience it, sorry.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ah but if the virus is part of everything, and the human mind, more powerful, then could it not be persuaded to de-evolve and die for the sake of the greater good? I know I would not want to be a virus who's job in life is to attack and hurt and even kill God's highest creation..! The virus is a lot like Dick Cheney, it's just not helpful and serves no purpose in the continuing flow of historical causation. But Dick Cheney, because I and other's loath him so, just won't go away, so you have a point about "that which you resist, persists."

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join