It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for input on a phenom that happens while I meditate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
So.

When I meditate with my eyes open, I generally focus on one point, or one thing. Over time, once my eyes relax, I start to pick up on something. What I pick up on are fluctuating waves of two seperate colors, one is blue, and the other green. They are very fluid, and the only real way I can describe them is to say that they constantly go over one another. One sweeps across my vison, and then the other. Neither color ever takes over completely, and I only see these two. They don't just go one direction though, they go all different ways, and sometimes seem to circle around a certain point in my vision, collapsing in that spot. When I focus on candle light in the dark, I pick up on it much easier, and earlier.

So what do you think this is? I'd like to hear what you all have to say, and I'm sorry if It's a bit confusing. Thanks!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by willis7737

Hey not confusing dont worry,

Just this happens, however you seem to be looking for it, and thinking it is the point or message of mediation.

It's not. If you look in the dark, or in day whatever you are focusing on, Don't stare as such, you need to look, which includes blinking if you have to. You should try and make your image awake, sharp and relax whilst doing it, just naturally awake but not tense or wired as well.

the thought about what you see and trying to find an explanation to it, is the same as the tricks of perception that created that thought, and this post, just thoughts don't follow the rabbit hole friend, just do as you are doing, relax a bit, look but naturally keep coming back doing that when your vision goes or your mind goes and makes a story, or thinks about the past future etc... come back, look see, relax, let go, just that.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well that can be a few things.

In my experience it's either seeing the wave of chakra coming out of your body, or seeing universal energy.

They are usually attributed to being green or blue, mostly because our perception of those colours being soft and happy.

I would suggest not staring, blinking is ok, it's your mind that really needs to be free of all forms of noise.

I find I get the best results when having my eyes closed howeve, the experience is more personnal.

Ohh one question, do the colour linger, or leave immediatly after your session?

~Keeper

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by willis7737

It means that you have great concentration powers, not many people can concentrate like you while meditating.

I have done meditation for years, actually I have quiet time every day for about one hour and half, and one of the biggest problems that I had until I was able to master it, was the shatter box and random images that came to my mind.

you are very fortunate.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I certainly remember those times lol.

Man starting out was rough with the random information and un-expected OBE's that followed.

But yes the above poster is right, it is a sign that you have more concentration, if you haven't been doing this for long, consider yourself very lucky

~Keeper

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Whe you get into meditation all sorts of weird effects can happen. You can even develop siddhis ... unexplainable abilities.

It's important to ignore these, as they are traps set along the way to funnel those who are still mired in maya away from the final goal of enlightenment/nirvana.

Steer straight through the traps, ignoring them, and you will find, eventually, access to a joy and peace so great that you will never again have to worry about going to heaven or achieving nirvana, as you will be carrying it within you, able to share it with others and act as their guide, as unseen beings have guided you.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Thanks all for the speedy responses! I will keep all your advice in mind for sure.

To answer tothetenthpowers's question:

When it happens, it generally happens only when I meditate or when I allow myself to fall into a deep relaxation. The colors do not linger afterwards, although I generally feel more "connected" afterwards. I think this is just a side effect of meditation.

One last question for everyone.

When I focus, before the colors come, everything in my range of vision tends to develop a faint white outline. When I move my eyes a *tiny* bit, I can see them. It's like the entire scene I'm seeing has been imprinted on my retinas. As said before, when I move my eyes a little, I can see it better; when I move my eyes to the left a bit, all the outlines move to the left of the objects a bit. When I close my eyes and reopen them, it does not leave, they only go away when I don't fully relax my eyes, or when I look away and go on to doing something else.

Anyways, thoughts?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by willis7737
When I focus, before the colors come, everything in my range of vision tends to develop a faint white outline. When I move my eyes a *tiny* bit, I can see them. It's like the entire scene I'm seeing has been imprinted on my retinas. As said before, when I move my eyes a little, I can see it better; when I move my eyes to the left a bit, all the outlines move to the left of the objects a bit. When I close my eyes and reopen them, it does not leave, they only go away when I don't fully relax my eyes, or when I look away and go on to doing something else.

Anyways, thoughts?

Once you try to label your experience or identify some external thing with it, it becomes a separate object from your consciousness. I agree with it being a sort of trap, but exploring the traps can be fun
As long as you know they are traps.

Have fun with it but know it is not some separate thing that someone can help you label. I had similar visions and exploring those visions are what has me here still following the path today. Its truly amazing what your soul can do when the thinking mind shuts down.

Never stop seeking.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I've experienced nearly the same thing; mine are shades of red and green, though. Not to sound like your standard metaphysical wannabe, but I can see certain types of energy, for lack of a better term. Don't ask me what kinds; I don't know. All I know is that it can be manipulated, experienced, and seen by more than just myself, so I'm sure I'm not completely crazy.
As for the shades of color when you meditate, I don't think it has much to do with energy or whatever you choose to call it; its different in form and appearance. I've experienced the same visual effect when I've stared at a single color for too long; try staring at something neon green with one eye shut for about five minutes, then switch eyes. I think you'll find the results similar to when you meditate and stare into the dark or at a candle.
I could be wrong, of course; don't take my word as law, please. It seems like everyone experiences things differently, if I'm to judge by the incredibly varied accounts of energetic manipulation and sight. However, it sounds as though your eyes are overcompensating for what colors you aren't actively seeing; I don't believe what you've described is anything metaphysical.
If you or any others believe I'm wrong, please tell me so; odds are you know more about it than I do as far as terminology and definition apply.

Oh, and if you want to see something cool (if you're seeing energy, that is) try sitting in a dark room and forcing blood into your fists. Just tense the muscles and concentrate very hard; its nothing life-altering, but even after all these years it still entertains me.
Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go do ill-advised things...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:00 AM
link   
That does sound weird...I never experienced anything like that.

I used to meditate a lot, because my doctor recommended it for my health problems and trouble sleeping. It really did help a lot, but after a few years I started getting this uncomfortable feeling like someone was pressing down between my eyes. It happened like every time I meditated. I got tired of it, it was so distracting that I just stopped.
Maybe it's time to try it again. I'd love to see the weird colors and outlines.

Sorry I don't have any explanation for you. The only thing I can think of is maybe it's like when you stare at something too long it starts to look weird.
Ever try staring at yourself in a mirror? It can be really creepy.
Or maybe I'm always creepy looking, but it takes a few minutes for me to notice.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Next time you meditate, form some questions in your mind. When these visions appear, ask the questions and see if symbols form within them. The symbols will be a be a subjective answer to your question.

This is a form of remote viewing. Don't bring your intellect into it, just flow and let the answers come.

Good luck!

top topics

join