It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Petraeus: Afghanistan no longer al-Qaeda haven

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Gen. David Petraeus says "very significant losses" in recent months have triggered al-Qaeda to move their headquarters from Afghanistan to western Pakistan.

Well then, seems the propaganda machine for the invasion of Pakistan has begun. Nothing like your military commander saying "Oops, they moved one space over, let's get em there" to get your government and it's people all riled up.

Mind you he also states that some cells are still active, which gives them a reason to further operations in Aghganistan.

Mind you this is a Press TV article, so it's to be taken with a grain of salt, much like any other MSM really.

~Keeper

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

If we go in there shouldn't we finish the job?

I'm against the war as anyone else is but wouldn't it be a good idea to finish the mess we started and so it won't bite us in the back later?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Well I can definetly see your point, it's just the way that they are going about the whole process that's angering.

We are too far in now to just drop everything at the drop of a dime and leave, we do need to finish. I just think there is a nobler way that's all.

~Keeper

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Well, from my perspective I don't really think we need to aggressively take on things in Pakistan considering the amount of progress the Pakistani Army seems to be making against Taliban Fighters as of late.
The US should be more willing to make a cooperative and allied effort with the Pakistani Military to remove the Taliban from their strongholds.
We the US can remain here on this side in Afghanistan and fight the good fight here while aiding where needed or requested by the Pakistanis along the border.
The Pakistanis can continue what they've been doing with beating back the Taliban in their region and cut down the Taliban's support amongst the population of Pakistan.
Even with the sympathizers within the Pakistani Intelligence, Military, and government the overall group is making progress pushing the Taliban back away from the 60 km perimeter range at the Swat Valley towards the nation's capital of Islamabad and possibly the nuclear warhead storage area for Pakistan's arsenal.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
reply to post by tothetenthpower

If we go in there shouldn't we finish the job?

I'm against the war as anyone else is but wouldn't it be a good idea to finish the mess we started and so it won't bite us in the back later?

Ummm, no. If you make a mistake, then you should fix it. Not continue on making the mistake in hopes that someday it won't be considered a mistake. Absolutely ridiculous to keep on going.

I guess by your logic, if Russia attacks the US, they should continue on with the attack until there is nobody in America who will go against them. Afterall, once they kill everyone who disagrees with them, Russia can just say - see, it was a success. And anyone left will praise them etc.

Ridiculous and disgusting. Of course, I guess it's easy to support such things when you aren't the one on the other end. Buy a clue.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by badmedia]

top topics

join