It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Last President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
A thought hit me last night and maybe it's hit a lot of you all too.

I was thinking about my unhappiness with the current administration and the 2008 election. Then I had the funny thought that this must be how my more "liberal" friends felt for the last 8 years.

As I was ruminating about who might be in line to run for President in '12 I had a disturbing thought:

If even the slightest hint of the terrible events people are predicting happen, the 2008 election may be the last one we ever have, and the current President may be the last person ever elected to that office.

Of course if the planet goes supernova in 12/12 we would have had an election but the electee would never be sworn in.

So, whether it's pandemic, disaster, war, economic collapse or a bad batch of Budweiser that brings us to our end, it's kind of sobering (no pun intended) to think about living during the time of the Last President.

What do you guys think from a conspiracy standpoint? I mean, politics aside (PLEASE), what do you think of the possibilities?

Thanks!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well, I believe Obama will survive. There will be another election for POTUS. And Obama will be re-elected. He is, after all, a good tool for TPTB. He will do more damage to the U.S.A. than Bush boy ever did. It will be all okay, though, because Obama is "for the people" I could have felt comfortable sitting down with Bush or with Clinton and having a beer and just BSing. But I don't get that feeling with Obama, anymore than I would have with GHWB. Did I get off topic?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Has anyone noted that lately, each President is worse than the last?

I don't know if we can afford another one after this one.

We aren't doing so good on picking Presidents, so if this is the last one, maybe we're better off.

If this one died tomorrow of ensyclopotyplasticblowout of the blowhole, it gets even worse with Biden.

See my point?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
The last President to ever be "elected" by it's people was JFK.

The american people haven't chosen a President since.

And just keeping with the times, I am pretty sure Obama is getting another term after this one. Since republicans are more worried about religion and such things right now.

I don't think they can mold the republican party into anything worthwhile in 4 years.

~Keeper

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Has anyone noted that lately, each President is worse than the last?

I didn't know you thought so highly of Carter.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Interesting and thought provoking post Emsed..
Thank you.

I had this same feeling of "last one" also during the campaign. Was awestruck by the idea of this for weeks. Seeing this written here and now has startled the wave anew.
Perhaps there is a collective thought process occurring, world wide; not necessarily one of an approaching physical end, rather one of a systematic cease and desist.
It seems that there are too many "elitist" factions involved to allow the current politico infrastructure much of an independent future.
We are all in the midst of uncertainty. I am not sure where to place my cap at all.

Peace...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

That "terminology" is spamfastic!!!

Everyone here knows the electoral college decides who runs the "Copa Cabana"

And I thought Carter was Da Bomb...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Seems like I've heard this scenario before. Oh yeah, it's the same scenario I heard about Clinton, the same scenario I heard about Bush.

Seriously. Why do people think they aren't going to keep putting in new presidents? Did you not notice that all the things the previous president did are all but forgotten?

Where did all the "anti-war" protesters go? Where did all the people screaming about civil rights go? They went away with the last president. We are still in Iraq, we are still in Afganistan, we are still with the Patriot Act.

Why in the world would they want to give that up? Do whatever you want, change presidents and it's all forgotten. If they just leave the president in, people would get extremely upset.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Obama seems to really like Lincoln. He seems to try to emulate it as best as he can and always has some sort of Lincoln reference. If my understanding is correct history will repeat like it did with Lincoln and Martin Luther King Jr. Only now its....both. I feel strongly that someone is going to do something to the poor man...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
www.guardian.co.uk...

articles.latimes.com...

Think about it.

Look at the situation we're facing now, and the issues at hand. Obama is fulfilling a dream that many sought to achieve. The 44th President is the last president of the USA. Then Hilary Clinton will be sworn in after Joe Biden just suddenly dies or goes missing. That's how I see it going. All after an assassination attempt.

They caught the Aryan Nations doing it, so its not the first time. In fact I think someone even tried to send him AIDS and someone came to the White House with a gun saying they had a "surprise" for Mr. Obama. It makes sense that more will try after things get worse.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
The last president could be Obama. If he dies than we have Joe Biden to deal with. If anything happens to Joe Biden than wicked wife of the devil; Nancy Pelosi becomes president. As far as succession order lets hope Obama survives because in my opinion out of those three, Obama > Biden > Pelosi.... LOL so in a sense its all down hill if Obama really does go the way of Lincoln. So please if theres any extremists, nut jobs, etc. who might assassinate Obama, please don't, consider the consequences.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Canis Lupus

Look at how many Christians and right wingers see him as a threat or the Anti-Christ. Look how tight he wants gun laws. Its all bound to happen. I just don't understand some people geez....

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I just want to be clear that I am in no way implying that something terrible will happen to our President.

The current President's identity is only incidental to my concerns. I suppose I should have titled the thread "The Last Presidency".

It is an interesting point about the war protesters. Where have they gone? Where is the outrage of the new Clinton-esque policy of remote-control warfare?

Time is quickening, I think. Imagine only a year ago. Our biggest complaints were $4 a gallon gas and "the surge".

Many of you with more intuition than I saw this coming. But if you had told me one year ago that the stock market would lose one-third of it's value, that the banks would be nationalized, that two of the big three automakers would be running on fumes and that we are on the verge of nationalized health care I would have laughed.

Trying to retrace my steps and my frame of mind it would have seemed so ludicrous to me that we would be crying 'pandemic', that ammunition would become all but unobtainable, that nearly 9% of the population would be out of work, or that American troops would be deployed on the "Homeland" for disaster and civil unrest duty.

On the other hand, perhaps we have worked ourselves into such a frenzy that we are moving toward a self-fulfilling prophecy. Perhaps there are even those on the lunatic fringe are going to make sure, come hell or high water, that terrible things will happen at the end of 2012 even if we aren't wiped out by an invisible planet.

Scarier still is that we have all but dismissed our immediate concerns about Iran and North Korea and the mainstream media is suggesting the Taliban are precipitously close to overthrowing Pakistan, and that even as far-fetched as it sounds, obtaining control of their nuclear weapons.

It's like we are living in an extremely horribly written Science Fiction pulp story.

Now I wonder about the future. Will things plateau, or will be revisiting this topic in May 2010 discussing things that we haven't even conceived of yet?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Also I don't want to fan the flames of paranoia, but using the 'A-word' and the 'O-word' in close proximity on a high-profile, indexed website like this tends to set off alarm bells.

People have been visited unexpectedly by very serious officials for unintentionally saying things that might be misinterpreted by an incredibly efficient, yet unimaginably unsophisticated, software platform that sifts through millions upon millions of words every day looking for just such a pattern.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   
oh yea its obamas fault im with you.

go tell that in the streets and watch for the padded wagon to come.
hope you only say that on message boards.

our last president meh they all have pros and cons so i dont think it matters. I dont think if the world is ending im going to give a crap who is president. I think i would rather do alot of other things then think about the president. i guess i just have better things to do with my time what can i say

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

I guess your right, It was a momentary lapse of judgment however I think i'm fine considering I said I don't want it to happen, but who can trust our government now anyways.

If the world is to end on 2012 despite my disagreement in policies, I am glad we have Obama as president. He represents the American people better than John McCain would have. In my opinion Obama will be a better president than both Bush and Clinton, however thats like comparing junk to trash because we would be much better just throwing them away and getting a real president like Ron Paul.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Canis Lupus]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Canis Lupus

I agree completely. I voted for Bob Barr, not because I expected him to win, but because my state (IL) was a foregone conclusion. Rather than wasting my vote I tried my damndest to at least get Libertarians the 15% or so we need to receive federal funding.

Until the Greens or the Libertarians can garner that type of support we will remain a one-party nation.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper

We aren't doing so good on picking Presidents, so if this is the last one, maybe we're better off.

That's because we aren't picking the presidents. The media hand picks the puppets for us to select.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Pretend the United States is a snowball rolling down a mountain. As it rolls it getts bigger. Eventually its going to get to the bottom and bust apart. So the farther it goes down the mountain the bigger it gets. The bigger it gets the wors the crash. No every few years we elect a new presedent. The presedent has very little controll over the giant snowball and it keeps getting bigger. Eventually the snowball with get to the end and crash but nobody knows when. It will seem like every presedent is worse then the last only because he is riding on a bigger more messed up snowball.

top topics

join