It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"swine flu" replaced "global war on terror", what's next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
is it not the strange coincidance that directly as "global war on terror" was said to be over we had a pandemia propaganda (and good sale of tamiflu owned by our old friend Mr R)? fear is what they really need. and the object of the fear has to be changed from time to time. now it is going to be "swine" flu and what is it going to be next? maybe again some economical collapse or the Indie/Pakistan war or maybe they will push a "global" warming" issue again.

from external source:
"You would be hard pressed to see any dancing in the streets, tickertapes streaming from skyscrapers, or sailors kissing ladies in the streets, but The Global War on Terror is over (not that anyone knew what a Global War on Terror really meant in the first place). On Monday Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton confirmed that the term "global war on terrorism" will no longer be used. The Office of Security Review in The Pentagon has been instructed to refer to it as an "overseas contingency operation.” Recently the Obama administration also dropped the term ''enemy combatant'' for suspected terrorists being held at Guantanamo Bay."

link here: www.nowpublic.com...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by czacza1
is it not the strange coincidance that directly as "global war on terror" was said to be over we had a pandemia propaganda (and good sale of tamiflu owned by our old friend Mr R)? fear is what they really need. and the object of the fear has to be changed from time to time. now it is going to be "swine" flu and what is it going to be next? maybe again some economical collapse or the Indie/Pakistan war or maybe they will push a "global" warming" issue again.

from external source:
"You would be hard pressed to see any dancing in the streets, tickertapes streaming from skyscrapers, or sailors kissing ladies in the streets, but The Global War on Terror is over (not that anyone knew what a Global War on Terror really meant in the first place). On Monday Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton confirmed that the term "global war on terrorism" will no longer be used. The Office of Security Review in The Pentagon has been instructed to refer to it as an "overseas contingency operation.” Recently the Obama administration also dropped the term ''enemy combatant'' for suspected terrorists being held at Guantanamo Bay."

link here: www.nowpublic.com...

This type of thing requires Mitigation to lessen its effects. There are many who are highly susceptible to this virus. Failure to mitigate its spread and to further the notion of complacency is murderous in my mind!!!

When the news first broke the medias response was appropriate, given that we were seeing a 7-8% mortality rate which made the virus a shoe in for the worst Pandemic in human history. The 1918 flu only killed 2.5% of those affected.

This is a flu by the way, your very likley to get this virus its just a matter of time.

The Sheeple here on ATS who, “Are no longer worried” are part of the problem now. I was really surprised that they went for it Hook line and sinker. Good job Bubba!

P.S. Its better be scared and informed/prepared than blissfully ignorant when and if this thing hits you and your loved ones

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Please ignore the brainwashing, which is what is happening.

Just get on with your life (which is precious).

I think that there is an agenda going on trying to control people. Don't buy into it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

Yeah, I see exactly what is going on. Your gonna be one of those guys who goes to work when you’re sick with this virus which in turn will end up killing some susceptible person.

MITIGATION!!!!!!!!!! Many many are susceptible to this virus, and we have no relief to offer other than our promise to try and limit the spread of this bug.

That’s a murderous mindset you have there friend.

This is a flu to which we have no immunities. You personally have a very good chance of getting sick. Your chances of dieing or suffering permanent damage are very small, but that isn’t so for many with Aids and other compromised individuals. Without Mitigation this virus will make the rounds and people will die period!! Its just matter of time.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Thanks for your evil wishes that I get the flu.

I do not wish the same to you.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound

Thanks for your evil wishes that I get the flu.

I do not wish the same to you.

Are you special or something? Are you so given to the power that rules your fate that that you literally have no fear or concern for your fellow man? What about those who are suseptable to this virus, and may lose their lives? Should we not try and mitigate its effects?

Do you know that in 1918 the Media stayed nearly silent as many hundreds of thousands perished? Could they have prevented some of those deaths by keeping the public informed?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

My guess is that the US attack Iran, or Syria. Most probably Syria.
Other than that Pres. Obama may ask Michelle to pass the salt; at dinner, of coarse.
Heath-wise; I think they play the Swine-out for a while, then it may be Fish Flu. Any remember Pfisteria?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Donkey, just grow up. I think that you are very young - am I right?

Because you are either very young, or very ignorant, or both.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

No you are wrong. Like I said its a murderous mindset you have there, no joke. Are you aware that the worst Pandemic in human history had a mortality rate of just 2.5%?

Why are you so sure that this not something to be concerned with? Is it that you are saying screw those old Aids infested guys, it won’t kill me so screw it?

Are you a religious person friend?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

No you are wrong. Like I said its a murderous mindset you have there, no joke. Are you aware that the worst Pandemic in human history had a mortality rate of just 2.5%?

Why are you so sure that this is not something to be concerned with? Is it that you are saying screw those old aids infested guys, it won’t kill me so why should I care?

Are you a religious person friend?

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I wanna know what the Swine Flu all over the media is distracting us from!

The next plans for whatever "event" will be happening next must surely be getting started under the cover of the media flu storm.

All this talk on flu means there's gonna be things they're NOT talkin about.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Some Guy
I wanna know what the Swine Flu all over the media is distracting us from!

The next plans for whatever "event" will be happening next must surely be getting started under the cover of the media flu storm.

All this talk on flu means there's gonna be things they're NOT talkin about.

Could it not just be a new flu that got the media’s attention? Maybe it is that it was showing a high mortality early on, and Mitigation was on everyone’s mind. We now know the mortality rates were fudged, maybe.

You sheeple here on ATS should be demanding they cover the event more, rather than screaming for them to keep it under wraps. WTF?

I personally like how the media didn’t say anything about it for almost a week. They definitely waited for the CDC to break the news first. I heard about it a full week before the media said anything.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join