It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Pedophile Protection Act': What's next for hate crimes?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 13Etznab

I want to thank you for your input. I do feel more less the same way.
Pedophiles are fighting not only for protection but in fact for legalization their sick behaviour. there are a lot of studies made by the "scientists" showing that it is not harming the kids to have a sexual contacts in early age. there are a lot of "pedophile" motives in art (movies and photographs mostly) giving the whole problem a "new perspective". and now it is turn for the bills to make it first protected and secondly right to do.

this is the procedure the certain groups has used in past for their "liberties".

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
hold on a second, if I smack ANYONE, in an unprovoked incident, I have broken the law- what sort of additional protection does someone who has despicable urges towards kids need?

Somes up the sham that is "hate" laws, for example, in the UK if I

* Stab someone to death, who is gay, and shout "faggot"

as opposed to

* Stabbing someone to death, who is gay, because I just felt like doing so

I would receive a higher sentence

That is a perverted notion of justice

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FMLuder

so don't criticise me for criticising you. You didn't present any facts or logic, what else was I supposed to attack?

How about the topic? Members, no. Topics, yes.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

And by the way, in the jungle, when one is not enough strong to fight or is mentally ill, laws of nature prevent that animal to reproduce you know...

That's pretty funny because in some species of animals homosexual and pedophilic behaviors have been demonstrated.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by -0mega-
If a person has been very good to everyone in the world, always donated to charity, was a hard working motivated man, always treated everyone with respect etc. etc.

Only one thing.. he had a fantasy of having sex with a little boy, or girl, or cow, or goat, insert anything you consider inappropiate.

If a babysitter did fine every time they watched your kids but one day they molested your child, would that be ok? If some guy came up to you and you have a son or daughter that's still a child and he or she said they want to screw your kid, will you think to yourself, " it's only a fantasy, he/she isn't hurting anyone."

The more and more you accept the moral decay in your society, the worse and worse it's going to get. Such people want us to tolerate their evil lifestyles, but they are intolerant of those with morals. They want us to accept their ways as being equal and not only that, they want us to participate! No, there is no place in society for such individuals.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by TruthSeeker8300]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Chemical castration is an option you know, and is working well. Here we had pedophiles that REQUESTED themselves castration to be free and it worked. They WERE MENTALLY FREE and did not had the taste of kids anymore. Do some research.

Good advice for yourself. Do some research.

I can't answer the rest because they are ignorant. Sorry.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

well if they haven't acted on their urges, and unless the vigilante mob invent a mind reading device, they should be safe then

Apparently you haven't read the whole thread. Some pedophiles have come out and announced their "affliction" and, as another poster pointed out, many in UK have put themselves in the sex offender registry even though they haven't done anything.

Those people have seek help, privately and publicly. Should we punish them for it? It's pretty funny that they had to seek help when they, according to you, weren't born pedophiles.

Even convicted pedophiles need protection. If you start with one group, why not the next one that you consider undesirable? The world will be a very small place if everyone starts killing those they consider undesirable.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by echodogene

i don't believe for a minute that anyone is "born" a pedophile

And yet they cry out for help. There are organizations that attempt to help treat their fantasies. Pretty odd if anyone was never born a pedophile.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The very government considering this bill, is the one that created the need for it by publishing all the sexual predator lists!

Look up your address or county online, I live in a nice suburban area and I have literally dozens of sexual predators within a couple of miles of my home.

The problem is that the majority of those people never molested a child, or raped a woman. Indecent exposure (pissing on the side of the road) is now a sex crime! (I have a friend who must register because of pissing in the bushes behind a movie theatre while I got the car)! An 18 year old dating a 17 year old is a sex crime in many areas.

Child molesters should be handed over to the family to dispose of however they see fit, but these ridiculous lists that get people branded, harassed and murdered are the real problem. There would be no hate crime without those lists.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

I have to wonder - have any of you actually read the text?

the bill's H.R. 1913, BTW - look it up.

It refers to crimes "motivated by prejudice based on the actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability of the victim, or is a violation of the State, local, or tribal hate crime laws."

No mention of pedophiles, exhibitionist, or people who have a thing for farm animals. It says "gender identity" ie, feeling male or female, regardless of what they were actually born as, "sexual orientation" ie, gays & bi's. That's it.

Pedophiles only come into the picture when some religious nut who sees them all as one & the same talks about it, but there's no basis in reality for that.

Use your brains & chill.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Nightflyer28

don't you see the link?
"use your brain".

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
They dont need protection they need correction and supervision.

It is up to the adults to protect the weak and innocent and society as a whole to look after the young and inncoent......NOT to protect the people who prey on theses qualities.

I dont care if they were born this way or turned this way. It is sick and the last thing that they need is protection. They need punishment for their crimes and it must be strong to deter others from contemplating it.

Only last week in Scotland a ring of 8 were arrested. If they were sentenced to death it might, just might save some defenceless child from having their right to a normal and happy life being taken away from them by some sick adult.

Its about time we started giving the right punishment according to the crime.

The only protection I would give would be a wooden box 6 ft under!!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by echodogene

I agree that people are not born pedophiles; however if you look into many of their lives you will notice a trend - they were all abused themselves by loved ones, usually repeatedly.

Its sad to say - but unfortunately, I agree that they need to be institutionalized - not necessarily jailed. They were victims once as well - however we cannot allow people to continue this trend.

It interests me that there is such fire of negativity on this topic, yet we allow and/or encourage men to fantasize about 15 year old models, actresses and girls at the beach.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by debbiegirl

I agree that people are not born pedophiles; however if you look into many of their lives you will notice a trend - they were all abused themselves by loved ones, usually repeatedly.

Again... this is not what the research shows. Go and major in psychology and tell me what you think, ok?

Its sad to say - but unfortunately, I agree that they need to be institutionalized - not necessarily jailed. They were victims once as well - however we cannot allow people to continue this trend.

Not all pedophiles were victims. This is the same argument as homosexuality.

Gosh, some people need to do some research first.

Let me ask you this... if you were born a pedophile (or "conditioned" to be a pedophile), would you want people to hurt you and torture you? How about your son or daughter?

If you do, why stop there? The world will get a lot smaller that way.

Let's stop here. We all are brothers and sisters. We are not any better or worse than others.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

I do believe I didn't say ALL pedophiles - geez perhaps some people need to tone down their generalizations. Frankly I don't care if they are born or conditioned or whatever, unfortunately the end result is someone, a child, is harmed.

Pedophilia is a mental illness, therefore institutionalization is important to protect those that may be victims of a repeat offender as well as to 'help' (using this term loosely) those afflicted with this illness. I am not talking jail or torture or killing. If there was true help for these people, murderers, rapists, and the like then wouldn't that be something

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I do believe I didn't say ALL pedophiles - geez perhaps some people need to tone down their generalizations. Frankly I don't care if they are born or conditioned or whatever, unfortunately the end result is someone, a child, is harmed. Pedophilia is a mental illness, therefore institutionalization is important to protect those that may be victims of a repeat offender as well as to 'help' (using this term loosely) those afflicted with this illness. I am not talking jail or torture or killing. If there was true help for these people, murderers, rapists, and the like then wouldn't that be something

Well yeah. That's the point of this thread. Pedophiles (convicted or not) has to be protected.

I am reminded of a news. There was a mother who was always for sex offender registry law. She's always fight for it. Until......

Her son became a sex offender himself. Now, she changed her mind and now fighting against the registery.

It's funny how something like this changes people's perceptions.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

The only protection I would give would be a wooden box 6 ft under!!

Will you still say the same about yourself? Or your son?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Sadly, Deaf Alien, some people will turn their backs on those they love because of a mistake or mental illness. I am not in their shoes so I cannot say what I would do (however, my inclination is to support my family). I have been in the child victim shoes and my opinion has not been corrupted by this. We need to help those we can, protect those we can, treat everyone with respect and love to the best of our ability. I agree that no one is 'better' than another...pedophile, christian, patriot, or alien.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Sadly, Deaf Alien, some people will turn their backs on those they love because of a mistake or mental illness. I am not in their shoes so I cannot say what I would do (however, my inclination is to support my family). I have been in the child victim shoes and my opinion has not been corrupted by this. We need to help those we can, protect those we can, treat everyone with respect and love to the best of our ability. I agree that no one is 'better' than another...pedophile, christian, patriot, or alien.

I know some people will turn their backs on those they love.

And I am very sorry about you being a victim.

Uh, I have a lot to say, but right now I'm not prepared. I'm just sorry.

We all have to remember that we are all equals, whether we are afflicted or not. We are all still humans. My belief is that we are all eternal beings, playing this game.

Like Jesus said (or any other people) "Do to others as you would have them do to you." That's the golden rule.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

Originally posted by blueorder
What sort of additional protection does someone who has despicable urges towards kids need?

Somes up the sham that is "hate" laws, for example, in the UK if I

* Stab someone to death, who is gay, and shout "faggot"

as opposed to

* Stabbing someone to death, who is gay, because I just felt like doing so

I would receive a higher sentence

That is a perverted notion of justice

I would like to see you cite precedent for that piece of totally spurious fearmongering. I don't believe that IS how the law works. And no, it is NOT a 'perverted notion of justice'. The first crime is 2nd degree premeditated murder. The 2nd could easily be construed as manslaughter -.-

I too disagree with 'hate speech' legislation of any kind (despite being a beneficiary of some of the aforementioned legislation - not paedo lol -.-). MY ISSUE is with the manner in which child sex offenders (and indeed others, sometimes for incidents of rape that they STILL deny having served a full sentence) are 'named and shamed' by the government, and then illegally forced to undergo incarceration and psychological treatment on an ex post facto basis simply because pressure groups of 'concerned citizens' with NO real insight into the subject have lobbied loudly enough. In effect, these people are victims of selfish party politics and demagogy. They're being illegally imprisoned to suit a political agenda. And for all their Orwellian cynicism, many people have apparently swallowed this barbaric police-state tripe whole.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by FMLuder]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join