It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Pedophile Protection Act': What's next for hate crimes?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

All right. I have read the news source and I don't see the word "convicted pedophile or child molester" anywhere. Perhaps they have to word the terms carefully. Law can be a pesky thing.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Can I get myself a protection act to? I'm bipolar. I'd like to make sure no one tries and attack me.

Come on, I'd give the benefit of a doubt that this is directed towards registered pedophiles. Common sense.

Point remains, convicted pedophiles deserve punishment outside of a few years of jail and a slap on the wrist.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Let's try again.

A pedophile is an adult who is sexually attracted to children who have not reached puberty, or who are not yet fully sexually adult. A pedophile has a mental disorder called "pedophilia".[1][2] Some people with pedophilia have sex with children or use children in a sexual way. This is called "child sexual abuse". Most, but not all, children who are sexually abused, are abused by people who have pedophilia. Some adults have pedophile feelings but do not act by sexually abusing children.

simple.wikipedia.org...

A person who suffers from pedophilia is called a pedophile.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Why are you two arguing terms?

It doesn't matter whether or not they act upon it or not, I can guarantee you the people that done represent a very small minority in the grand scheme of things.

It may be a mental disorder, but it's a very very sensitive one, and needs to be dealt with appropriately.

Now as I said in my other post, my views are a bit more extremist, but the real thing that should be done is attempt to rehabilitate or simply incarcerate them...forever.

~Keeper

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Whats good for the goose is good for the gander. I personally believe all hate crime legislation is retarded. If youre going to do it then youve got to do it for everyone. So fair is fair you cant select certain minorities to single out that you want to lynch.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
OK, if we're playing "dueling links", let's look at the "legal" representation of pedophilia:

pedophilia n. an obsession with children as sex objects. Overt acts, including taking sexual explicit photographs, molesting children, and exposing one's genitalia to children are all crimes. The problem with these crimes is that pedophilia is also treated as a mental illness, and the pedophile is often released only to repeat the crimes or escalate the activity to the level of murder.

legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Do you see the difference in the definition you've provided?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Yes I do. Refer to my "adultery" analogy.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution-2012
Come on, I'd give the benefit of a doubt that this is directed towards registered pedophiles. Common sense.

Point remains, convicted pedophiles deserve punishment outside of a few years of jail and a slap on the wrist.

Then you need to push for tougher laws. Lynching someone outside of the justice system just makes you a caveman. I mean we can go back to stringing people up if you want, but what if someone said you were a witch? Wed have to kill you to see if you were one. Youre asking to bring back the lynch mob I dont think you quite understand what that entails.

Dont ask for barbaric justice, get involved and get your justice system to take the appropriate actions. I dont feel anyone deserves death unless they have caused death. Even themn I feel its a harsh punishment and should only be used for the worst of murderers. And even then after all appeals have been reviewed. And its apparent the justice system agrees with me.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

An analogy. You are attracted to your neighbors spouse. As long as you don't act on that you aren't an adulterer. Once you have though, you are.

So basically you are saying that if a man is attracted to another man but never acted on the urges, he's not gay?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Are you equating homosexuality to pedophilia?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

WHOA.

I am merely replying to your "analogy".

My point here is that you got the definition wrong. Look at DSM and even at your own definition you have posted.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

WHOA.

See?

I am merely replying to your "analogy".

My point here is that you got the definition wrong. Look at DSM and even at your own definition you have posted.

No but I think we're going to have to disagree on this one. I honestly don't see your point and vice versa.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
This isn't going to be a popular reply but here goes.

I am aware that in the UK a large number of people, people who find children sexually attractive, have signed themselves up to the sex offenders register to put an extra barrier between them and children, these people have done nothing wrong, they have acted on their urges in a positive way and are actively avoiding abusing anyone. I have respect for these people and believe they do deserve protection from the prejudice of certain people, if neighbours knew I could imagine a lynching.

That being said I do agree with the basic principle behind this "Act" but then having read the article I'm not certain how appropriate it is, I don't know how the USA deals with those who have not offended but are a risk by their own admission, I know most about the situation in the UK.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

No but I think we're going to have to disagree on this one. I honestly don't see your point and vice versa.

We'll have to agree to disagree. Your definition is at odds with the legal and psychological definition. Like I said, they have to be careful with how they mean when they say pedophiles.

Again, like the other poster have said, where does this end? If anyone want to kill pedophiles (even if they haven't done anything), why stop there? Why not kill or burn the other minorities? Let's bring back the Salem witch trials. Let's go all the way and get rid of all the undesirables.

Does this sound familiar?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriosityStrikes

Thanks for the post.

This is a positive response to this thread and which have support my point.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   

We'll have to agree to disagree. Your definition is at odds with the legal and psychological definition. Like I said, they have to be careful with how they mean when they say pedophiles.

I see a clear difference with the legal term for pedophilia. It concentartes on the act.

Again, like the other poster have said, where does this end? If anyone want to kill pedophiles (even if they haven't done anything), why stop there? Why not kill or burn the other minorities? Let's bring back the Salem witch trials. Let's go all the way and get rid of all the undesirables.

Does this sound familiar?

You know what? That's the beauty of ATS. I've always thought that pedophiles should be executed. Probably because I'm in Corrections but a debate in a thread a few months ago changed my mind about that.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   

I see a clear difference with the legal term for pedophilia. It concentartes on the act.

Ah so you see the difference? Good! The act is what makes them CHILD MOLESTERS! Whether they're pedophiles or not!

You know what? That's the beauty of ATS. I've always thought that pedophiles should be executed.

Fine. Why stop there? Why not execute all the people that you think are undesirable? Dangerous? What? What's to stop me from wanting YOU or your family executed just cause I think you are undesirable?

See? It is a stepping stone to totalitarianism government. Thank GOD for our government!!!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

You know what? That's the beauty of ATS. I've always thought that pedophiles should be executed.

Fine. Why stop there? Why not execute all the people that you think are undesirable? Dangerous? What? What's to stop me from wanting YOU or your family executed just cause I think you are undesirable?

See? It is a stepping stone to totalitarianism government. Thank GOD for our government!!!

Your first mistake in this debate. I said:

You know what? That's the beauty of ATS. I've always thought that pedophiles should be executed. Probably because I'm in Corrections but a debate in a thread a few months ago changed my mind about that.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
To answer the Subject Line of 'What's next'

Terrorist hate crimes will be next, once they're released from gitmo and settled here in the good old US.
They'll be given homes, tax-free work and watches that point to Mecca.
But you'll go to jail if you even think bad thoughts about them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join