It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curfew lifts, more flee Pakistan's war-torn Swat Valley

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Curfew lifts, more flee Pakistan's war-torn Swat Valley

www.cbc.ca

Thousands of civilians were streaming out of Pakistan's conflict-ridden Swat Valley Sunday after the government temporarily lifted a curfew in the region.

Military officials said they were giving people in at least three districts seven hours to leave ahead of planned strikes against Taliban hideouts.

Hundreds of thousands of people left Swat in the past week to escape an escalation of fighting between government security forces and Taliban militants.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well it seems things are escalating in that part of the world.

Sad that so many must flee their homes for a war that isn't theirs to begin with.

I wonder if the US will increase drone attacks now that civilians are clearing out, I guess they can use that as an excuse for more violence.

~Keeper

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
It got me thinking. If I was allowed to leave my home, thanks to a temporary curfew-lift. Where would I go? Is this what bugging out means? Here in the USA is this a hint on when we are supposed to bug out and head for the hills? When the state declares war on a local enemy and they give you a chance to leave,,, I think that is the official bug out time.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It just never ends. Humans inhumanity to humans. I am disgusted with it all. I see no end to it all. Not on this plane of existance that is.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kyred

you know thats probably our greatest single thing we need to overcome in this plane of existance. To stop killing each other, but then again we are animals.

I just hope the poor civilians in Pakistan have a chance to get far enough to end their prosecution and oppression.

~Keeper

top topics

join