It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new way to thank our members who contribute consistent quality -- no ads!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
That was a suggestion, not policy. You will note that he doesn't have the graphic in his profile.

True enough intrepid, true enough, but I do come up with some good threads, and ideas for the site, every once in a while, wouldn't you say?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Those of you who have achieved this magnificent magic series of numbers may be interested to know this:

#fafafa 250 250 250 gray98

You are all grays now.

I knew there was a conspiracy in here.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Ad Nauseam

Originally posted by ArMaP
At this rhythm, I will have to wait some 25 years to reach the 200 flags level.

Welcome to the club.

Well just take solstice in the fact that your applause might out number your flags and your stars outnumber your total number of posts...like me.

BTW---my math shows 30 more years of quality posting to go with my moderately unnoticed threads.

In the end, I am not overly concerned. Never applied myself towards the Writer, Fighter, Scholar tags. And I make it known to the person should I add them to the the old friend list (short as that is). However it is my feeling that someone should continue receiving the ads. I mean once there is no one to view them, how much would they be worth to the site after all?

Over all, I support this idea. Sure there are some things that can be exploited in the process. But flags, like mail..requires effort, in this case writing, to get them. Now if we could just get the number of individual members that view a thread started back then we would be back in business.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Ahabstar]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Awsome.

Thank you.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Ok, i'm really confused, there are NO ads on this site, well for me at least.

So....confused.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hey i'm part of the new club! Thanks...it's nice not to have the ads. I was having problems with them before..although it has been much better lately.

I also like the applause idea someone else mentioned.

I also don't think this is a popularity contest as someone else mentioned.

I look at the stars and flags as good things...that means what you have to say or represent to those here who search the threads on ATS...it has relevance to them.

That's the best reward in all..IMO.

This is an added bonus!

TY Skeptic Overlord

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Dang, I don't even care about getting rid of the ads, but you guys are making me feel left out.

I have more applause's than I do flags. I have a better chance of getting 250 applause's than I do flags. Way over 250 on the other 2 requirements though. Nearly 3k posts and 1400 stars.

Maybe the requirements are disproportionate?

My competitive nature is getting at me here, as I could care less about the ads, but have an odd desire to meet the requirements of a "quality" member.

Silly I know

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

Youll always be a quality member in my eyes.

I try to remember peoples avatars to see if its worth reading, Im an advocate of everyone should have one.

I do feel left out, but I cant see any advertisements, so I guess im part of the elite atsers
just know triple 250 next to my name

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
250 original posts! Ack. I haven't even made it to twenty replies yet.
Six more to go-------second line

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Very cool idea !!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Just passing through to show off my 250-250-250

Just kidding.

Actually I for one am really glad those pesty ads are gone some of them would lock up or slow down the browser when I am on my GFs laptop

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
These members are in the "250/250/250 Club," and a new link in their mini-profile (displayed next to their posts) indicates the milestone. Also, your stars and flags are now shown on your profile page.

How about merit badges?
Like this Gamespot Emblems.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Maybe I should shut up, since I like no ads, but I have 1999 posts and 255 flags (both over 250, this is 2000th post, by a fluke) but it says I only have either 14 or 15 flags, depending which number I use. I think one is how many flags I've given out and the other is how many I've received. I have no advertising anywhere.

There are the (possibly) relevant numbers.

ATS Points: 10979
BTS Points: -2875

Flags: 14
Stars: 255

Threads Started: 65
Total Replies: 466
Applause: 22
Flagged: 15 times

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Those of you who have achieved this magnificent magic series of numbers may be interested to know this:

#fafafa 250 250 250 gray98

You are all grays now.

I knew there was a conspiracy in here.

I don't know, that looks more white to me than it does gray. Besides, any set of 3-in-a-row between 1 and 254 could be construed in such a manner.

Anyway, I thought I wouldn't meet the stars requirement, but to my shock, I easily surpassed it. It's nice to have a flag and star counter to keep track of it.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Wow, I was almost about to start querying why my profile has 250/250/250 linking here.

But I read and found out.

Cool, 250 clubs..

secondly,

One (small) way to say thank you to those members, and also give other members an interesting milestone based on quality contributions to ATS.

no need to thank us there... pretty sure its you guys we should be thanking for providing this realm of debate!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:44 AM
link   

For all members who have at least 250 posts, have received at least 250 flags for their threads, and at least 250 stars for their posts... advertising on the discussion board area will be automatically disabled. These members are in the "250/250/250 Club," and a new link in their mini-profile (displayed next to their posts) indicates the milestone. Also, your stars and flags are now shown on your profile page.
One (small) way to say thank you to those members, and also give other members an interesting milestone based on quality contributions to ATS.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by SkepticOverlord]

Another great idea guys. I can't wait to see it implemented! Thanks again!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I apparently have only 20 flags?

I have over 3500 posts,
almost 3500 stars,

but only 20 flags?
I'm quite positive I've gotten more flags than that over the years.

No biggie though... I've gotten kinda used to the ads now.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by johnsky]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Big thanks to Bill and Mark for giving us this free pass out of pop up hell. I logged on the other week as an outsider and the ads literally froze my computer.

I hadn't been on here in several days and was curious as to what the 250/250 bar on my profile indicated. I was definitely pleased and relieved to learn about this new feature.

And here I was confused and thinking I had been marked for termination

Thanks again fellas

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

Is it showing off time

ATS Points: 359637
BTS Points: 56644

Flags: 1053
Stars: 3067

Threads Started: 1,012
Total Replies: 20,387
Applause: 122
Flagged: 1,136 times

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMythLives
This is awesome, thank you staff at ATS. Much thanks.
Its nice not to have irrlevent ads that are annoying. Finally I no longer have to look at them.

Tools --> Pop-up Blocker --> Pop-up Blocker Setting --> High does the same job.

These adds that ocassionally divide the posts are okay, though. I like them, coz you don't have to click them off your screen, and sometimes they are more interesting than what they are flanked with. I would flag some of them but I don't know how.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join