It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new way to thank our members who contribute consistent quality -- no ads!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

EDITED in light of SKL's edit.......

[edit on 5/10/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
OK, I like what's going down and appreciate the attempts to be fair-minded and encouraging.

But pardon the note of negativity. I don't like the popularity contest side. This isn't grade school with marks or an athletic competition. It's apparent who can think and articulate well, and who can't.

My complaint is when I see roving nasty types who get rewarded for malicious behaviour. Overt racists, aggressive browbeaters, 9/11 cultists, politely persistent trolls, etc.

They bring up and fuel inflammatory discussion but keep under the T&C wire with acquired skill.

Start 40 anti-Israel threads, hound anyone who questions Truther dogma, humiliate the patriotic, accuse questioners of Islam of racism, dismiss as brainwashing anything reported by MSM, blame the US is thefor every international and economic problem, etc.

Do these with volition you get starred and flagged up the wazoo and point count goes through the roof.

Believe me, there are more than a few busy hatemongers, propagandists and agenda pushers who are superstars according to the rating system

That's what troubles me the most with ATS. The system also rewards narrow-mindedness, paranoia and hostility - with so many like-minded ready to press a button in approval.

No stars or flags for me on this.

Mike

[edit on 10-5-2009 by mmiichael]

[edit on 10-5-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Nah marg, you deserve it. To hold that position of 2nd highest count poster on ATS, one of the biggest conspiracy websites in the world, is an achievement. You're an icon around here, and I for one always enjoy reading your posts. But what ever gave you the idea it was a "boys club?"
The initiation is a bit different, but nuh uh, I ain't going there...

Edit: I think I stand corrected on this, as it appears marg qualified on her own according to intrepid (crisscrossing posts problem on a fast moving thread). So comment removed. But the rest is still pertinent.

[edit on Sun May 10th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

hey - thats what its all about

i conceed that its the threads that pull in the punters - and appologies for my selfish ` it should be applause ` demand - made purely because i have loads of applauses and few flags - and many adds do bug the crap out of me - notably the flashing ones - as due to ` medical complications ` - they actually hurt , and i have to scroll away from them or hit refresh untill i get an add serving i can look at if i want to read a thread propperly

but i have seen the light now - i should start more threads - and make a more rounded contribution

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Oh, that is just a joke, actually from the second post on it was just a joke, I am very happy to be a member of this site and you know that.

Is not about points, flags or looking to be on the staff is about been here and be able to have my voice on issues and knowing that that voice counts and means something to somebody.

Thanks for the kind words.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Wait there are ads on this site?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Great idea, have to get to that club then

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Me Personally , the ads didn't bother me at all, I saw them as the site's way

to keep this a free site, so I took them with a grain of salt

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
2+5+0=7
2+5+0=7
2+5+0=7

7+7+7=21

2+1=3

The number three in numerology, is associated with love of family, and people, self-expression, and creativity,optimism, attracts success, creative expression, sociability.

Will rid you of stress.

21/3
Creates cooperation and balance, corresponding with the three amigos=
genuine pleasure of uplifting others.

Talents, writing, designing, speaking, debating, advising and promoting, as your creative juices flow so will your finances,

Congratulation guys, a very positive move, you were destined to make, you took the right path.

[edit on 083131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
So I'll say it again, LEAD BY EXAMPLE... or don't... But please don't complain about us reducing the ads required to pay for the site for those who create the content that brings in the traffic that allows to us to do so.

Hey Springer,

I don't really care about the ads to be honest, but just for curiosity's sake I'll chime in. I've created nearly 400 threads in my time here (I think), yet most of these were created before there was a flagging system, and I don't create anymore as a) lack of time, and b) not much to say about topics I've covered a thousand times before.

In theory though, if I did find the threads annoying would I not be just as deserving, and other members in my position, of gaining these little perks?

As I said I don't really care about the ads, it's just some food for thought.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by John Nada]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Oh noes ... we can't toot our own horns anymore.

Makes sense considering this new perk.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I hope that you will forgive this minimal post because I just want to applaud this new measure . Its nice to see the return of good decision making when it comes to board policy .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
OH just noticed, one more thing, I posted the numerology info on the seventh page of the topic,

interesting,

bye

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Originally posted by MajorDisaster
50 applause???

I think you are talking about the elite of the elite of the elite there!

Thanks!

Hey, you are most welcome!

The ArMaP's of ATS who have a very high number of applauses certainly deserve their own special stripe too!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
interesting and cool reward. I would imagine though, that most people running firefox are also running adblock plus as well, which removes all the ads and visual noise as it is. Still, good incentive for the rest of the folk who don't filter ads.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I believe this is called steering? "Quality" by who's standard?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReelView
I believe this is called steering? "Quality" by who's standard?

The membership. How many posts have you seen that says, "Great post, star and flag for you"? That was the reason it wasn't set up by applause, that would be the staff then.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Hmm what about 250/250/250 OR Applauses > 25?

That way ArMaP can be in the club too!

[edit on 10-5-2009 by MajorDisaster]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster
Hmm what about 250/250/250 OR Applauses > 25?

That way ArMaP can be in the club too!

That was a suggestion, not policy. You will note that he doesn't have the graphic in his profile.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

The ArMaP's of ATS who have a very high number of applauses certainly deserve their own special stripe too!

They do, its called Forum Subject Matter Expert

[edit on 5/10/2009 by jkrog08]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join