It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new way to thank our members who contribute consistent quality -- no ads!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Chill mate.

Speaking only for myself here, but I wasn't complaining about the new system.

I appreciate what you are doing. And it is working well.

It was just a suggestion.

No skin off my back either way, I've qualified already, I was just commenting

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

What was the applaud count going to be? I hope not 250?! As I don't know of any members with that many. Sorry if I am asking irrelevant questions, I am just curious natured.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

This is really cool, If I could that would be a Way Above Top Secret for you

Whats funny is I have been known to click some of these ads I'll no longer see...Woot

Yet another example of how awesome ATS is!!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Post removed by admin because it's nothing more than a returning banned member trying to piss everyone off... again...

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Springer]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Everyone enjoy the site.

Springer...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Posts are super easy, Stars are not as easy to get, Flags on the other hand are much harder to obtain.

Personally I think the program is good, but it should be graduated to reflect that fact.

300/200/100

300 Posts
200 Stars
100 Flags

Much more realistic don't you think?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Pondering Soul

No is not bias, look at my profile, with all the years I have been a member and with all the record post I have, I still do not qualify for the "boys club".

So I am upset? perhaps just a littler, but not big deal, At leas I am very sure that between the silly post I have done my fair share of quality post through the years.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by marg6043]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Returning banned member trying to be an obtuse carpet pisser once again... NOT happening.

link   

Originally posted by Pondering Soul
this site sure is bias towards its older members.

even tho if it wasn't for the new members this site wouldn't have any more then a few thousand users,

yet every week there is some new restriction on new users while veterans are rewarded...

will this eventually switch from a forum to a site where only essentially non paid reports deemed worthy can post?

improvements should be for the masses, not the elite.

What elites(older members) are you talking about? I just check a member that registered 2 months ago and they have the required specs to get this small bonus.

link   

Originally posted by MajorDisaster
50 applause???

I think you are talking about the elite of the elite of the elite there!

Thanks!

To all:

Frankly, I think some people are giving too much importance to this, this is just about some disappearing ads, nothing special, probably something that most people are so used to that they did not notice the difference, this "200 club" is not an "ATS Bilderberg" where members decide the future of ATS, it's just about not seeing ads, something you can (but agreed not to) block with some browsers or browser add-ins.

And I think that the flags and stars is a good measure (although I have few of those), the stars and flags contribute to the traffic ATS generates, so I think it's only natural that those that are responsible for a bigger part of that traffic get some award, and it works as an incentive for the other members (like me) to stop being lazy and create some more threads.

I know how threads should be to get more flags (I even talked about that with Zorgon once, and he tried it), but I am not interested in doing it, it's not my style, I like to think more about the quality than about the popularity, so I know that I am not a big contributor to Internet traffic to ATS, so no ad-free ATS for me.

Now, start making good threads and I will start flagging them.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This is awesome, thank you staff at ATS. Much thanks.
Its nice not to have irrlevent ads that are annoying. Finally I no longer have to look at them.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pondering Soul
uh oh, is it attack of the moderators already? jeez im sorry i said something that isn't completely agreeing with you guys, but its how i feel.

Is that how you respond when your premise is blown out of the water? It can also be looked at that some want to coast, provide little and get this small peach that others, old and NEW alike, make an honest effort to get. Hell they didn't even know they were getting and contributed well. As with all things in life, you get out of it what you put in.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Well now I am getting a littler bit upset about the whole 250 deal.

I see how this can actually make me reconsider my ATS experience now.

Have I wasted my time and not rewards? I wonder. Perhaps I should demand a recount of applauses and also I want somebody to read all my 24,566 post because I have been robed.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Hey look at you now ... justice has been served.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Wow, I was about to say how did this thread turn into a argument over whos "in the club".But I see the mods doing a good job stopping a troll so nevermind.

I think there is nothing wrong with awarding or acknowledging members who contribute threads (which as Armap said) that create traffic. Not only do they do that but they bring attention to some more serious topics that this site really was made to discuss. I realize some threads get like 100 stars and 200 flags and turn out to be a hoax, but most that get a lot are good work and bring information (and traffic) not only to members but non members. I am not taking anything away from posts but threads are what makes this site, for if it wasn't for the threads there would be no posts!

Anyways that is a short version of my opinion on this, I am sure I will get some flames coming my way...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Well I was not asking for that, actually I was just joking people, I am very happy to be in ATS if I wasn't I would not be here every day.

Please, it was just a joke, honest.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This is a great thing for all members. Thanks a lot to the Three Amigos.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Maybe you needed to post first before it kicked in. 255 flags, over 7000 stars
. You just made the post count though.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
This is a great thing for long-time members. Thanks a lot to the Three Amigos.

See my post above. It's not just for older members.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join