It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new way to thank our members who contribute consistent quality -- no ads!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

So when does a person actually get the ability to speak up and talk about things that are a problem on ATS and show that something has the potential for abuse? Do you have to be as 'Experienced' as you? Should I wait to have five years under my belt before having the ability to show that there is a potential for abuse?

As to passing judgment, I did no such thing. I showed that there were ATS members that had gained, what you so proudly want to display on your profile, within a few hours of work. It wasn't just one or two... there were several.... I checked some of the profiles and saw that it was being abused by many.... does this LESSEN the symbolism of what you so dearly want as a show of your expertise? One would think that it would...

If they give out the Purple Heart for being wounded in action at the mess hall while your in line for breakfast, does that lessen the meaning of this symbol?

You don't have to answer that.

and added as a foe too... this is great!

[edit on 13-5-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

There, I just gave you another of the little tags you can "earn" here as a member. Perhaps you'll want to ban those, too, if too many people want to also award you with them ...

No, you don't have to be here or anywhere for 5 years, but at the same time, few people appreciate hubris in a newbie.

[edit on 5/13/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether
I checked some of the profiles and saw that it was being abused by many.... does this LESSEN the symbolism of what you so dearly want as a show of your expertise? One would think that it would...

How exactly can you tell people have been abusive by their profiles?
I'm just curious by what gauge you are using to come to this conclusion?

Please explain.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   

WOW! I feel so special there Centurion... this is quite the privilege for me to have the opportunity to wear the symbol you've provided to me....

I will wear it with honour and pride..

Thank you

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I checked some of the profiles and saw that it was being abused by many.... does this LESSEN the symbolism of what you so dearly want as a show of your expertise? One would think that it would...

How exactly can you tell people have been abusive by their profiles?
I'm just curious by what gauge you are using to come to this conclusion?

Please explain.

I was wondering that myself.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

If you look at the profiles page you will see where the person has flagged a thread.... during these times there were some that had flagged the same members threads within the space provided... so if you looked at one person's threads I've Flagged, you would see that they flagged the same persons...five or six times.... then if you followed that persons you may have seen others that were linked...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Nobody can over flag a persons thread.
Can you demonstrate this prosses for us?

Show us how it's done create a thread and bump the flags.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

If you look at the profiles page you will see where the person has flagged a thread.... during these times there were some that had flagged the same members threads within the space provided... so if you looked at one person's threads I've Flagged, you would see that they flagged the same persons...five or six times.... then if you followed that persons you may have seen others that were linked...

Well, if someone has figured out out how to flag the same thread more than once, that needs to be stopped. But flagging the same person's different threads - if you agree with them - is a problem exactly how?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

So when does a person actually get the ability to speak up and talk about things that are a problem on ATS and show that something has the potential for abuse? Do you have to be as 'Experienced' as you? Should I wait to have five years under my belt before having the ability to show that there is a potential for abuse?

As to passing judgment, I did no such thing. I showed that there were ATS members that had gained, what you so proudly want to display on your profile, within a few hours of work. It wasn't just one or two... there were several.... I checked some of the profiles and saw that it was being abused by many.... does this LESSEN the symbolism of what you so dearly want as a show of your expertise? One would think that it would...

Thanks for articulating something I tried to say a couple days ago. But it shot down summarily, I'd guess by someone with more stars or whatever.

There is a decided popularity contest aspect to all this, it goes without saying. Noting potential problems and abuse is not a welcome subject.

We know already the bestselling authors aren't the best writers, and down the line with everything that is gauged by it's popularity.

Truth will out. Or at least that's what they say.

Mike

[edit on 14-5-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I did not say that you could flag a thread more than once...

If I went to the list of threads that you've created and then went to them and then flagged them all they would show up in my profiles page... Like this...

Now if you check my Recent Threads I've Flagged on the right of the screen then you will notice that I flagged three of your threads...
This was a daisy chain of people doing this... I imagine it also went on for the stars too...

[edit on 14-5-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

We know already the bestselling authors aren't the best writers, and down the line with everything that is gauged by it's popularity.

Mike

According to - you? Again, this type of response is too subjective to be taken seriously. Just because YOU feel a certain way about something is what kind of justification that we all should?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Well I am certainly not popular, nor a good writer.

And was shocked to see I had made the club, I really should have not made it.

I just like to post and share and then sit back and read and learn, I would rather ask a question then give an answer.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

man , you gotta let this go, if you spent half this energy making a thread or 2 , you could have had the 250/3

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

It is still only one vote or flag per person per thread.
Are you saying there are clans or gangs going around mass flagging their friends or something?

I know for a fact that I have critics and fans for my posts. I get U2U messages both pro and con.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
IMHO once a gift is given it should not be taken back, it is just not good, bad karma, mark my words.

I have never seen SO change his mind on any issue,

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

It is still only one vote or flag per person per thread.
Are you saying there are clans or gangs going around mass flagging their friends or something?

I know for a fact that I have critics and fans for my posts. I get U2U messages both pro and con.

man that seldom happens to me,

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Am I saying there are clans or gangs? Wow! that is funny.... have you ever visited a chemtrail thread where no matter what some in the clique say, even a one liner they are starred... or that they are all flagged by the same guys that hang around in their cliques? Yes only flag... but if you have five or six people going around doing it you will have, well I personally would have about another 35 flags if I had five people flagging mine...

To Seany
As to me spending time making my own thread so I can collect flags and stars... that is not the purpose of being here... the purpose is to open peoples eyes to whatever I think they need to see. You may not see this as being a worthwhile endeavor but would it be any better if I was on a thread that was dealing with having demons at my backdoor?

Rgds

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

but if you have five or six people going around doing it you will have, well I personally would have about another 35 flags if I had five people flagging mine...

OK I believe that you believe that happens that way. OK

I on the other hand have been in threads where I will post my side of an argument only to see the other poster get 5 stars before I can post. That just means my opinion was not popular doesn't mean I wasn't right just not popular.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

To Seany
As to me spending time making my own thread so I can collect flags and stars... that is not the purpose of being here... the purpose is to open peoples eyes to whatever I think they need to see.

Rgds

" the purpose is to open peoples eyes to whatever I think they need to see"

your words

The reason to start a thread..."to open peoples eyes to WHATEVER I think
they need to see"

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   

glad you believe me... because it happened... and you have some that admitted it... even admitted that they had help...

All I'm saying is that the abuse was there and that it needed to be culled. Not stopping it would have been a loss of what the true meaning of these numbers were. Therefore not a worthwhile goal to attain in my books...

I don't have the ads popping up on my browser all the time now... so they must be working on another solution to this...

Rgds

**ADDED*** In your example Slayer you say that you were "just not popular"... well if people are flagging, starring etc only for the points then that feeling is a mute point. It would not be an indication that you comment was not popular, but an indication that your buddies didn't come to your rescue.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join