It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Anyone debunk this?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Go a Little light on the atheists issues, I'm a Christian and don't believe the Bible code -Here is why. Notice how many "skips" there are to make a "prediction" That should raise a red flag already.

Let me explain- They run their computer for Hitler's name in the 2nd world war. Its comes up, but what the computer did was continue to search for worlds that would match what they looking for, even if it had to skip a Trillion words for each letter to make up the sentence. If a Trillion was not enough i'm sure when we hit two trillion it might appear?

If not we would never hear from them on that topic.

I'm sure if they ran my name though their computer i'd be the one on the Grassy Knowl..... NOT, was not Born.

They even admit that they cannot predict the future...whanna know why? Because they don't have any names and events to put into their computer to that it can skip a few Million or trillion letters can find the story and confirm it.

Lose the Bible code its junk....Just read the Bible.....

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SharkBait

I do just read the Bible all the time and every day through the Holy Spirit. If God wrote a book it would be too mundane to not have codes. That and the fact that the odds exceed scientific definition of chance in the universe and are complete sentences. Usually at the absolute minimum skip. Also they look for the same things in non-biblical or scrambled biblical texts of the same exact length as a control and find nothing like this. They also look for words that have the opposite and no meaning to it and find nothing at all that wouldn't already be by chance.

For example:

ad2004.com...

By the way that is how many letters it skips to find one letter so every 5067 letter is a letter it's not many skips for one word. Its one skip one word always at the absolute or close as can be achieved minimum skip.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

No anti-codes matrix is this concise at all if it is there by chance. These are obviously intentionally put there. It should be taken more seriously in my opinion. This one shows that through weather manipulation Russia may artificially enhanced the storm as it was forming...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   

No anti-codes matrix is this concise at all if it is there by chance. These are obviously intentionally put there. It should be taken more seriously in my opinion. This one shows that through weather manipulation Russia may artificially enhanced the storm as it was forming...

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

The bible code is no more miraculous than any parlor trick. You asked if anyone can debunk it so obviously this thread is a challenge and not an invitation to discuss. Fine. We will start slowly.

Question 1. Which bible (translation/version) was this program run on?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

The Torah to be precise. The first five books of the Bible or the Books of Moses that were given directly to Moses from God Himself at Mt. Sinai. He stayed there forty days to do that. All by hand. He didn't have a supercomputer and it's not a parlot trick. That's what you have to get out of your mind frame. If anything Brendan Mckaye's matrices are a parlot trick. If these sentences weren't so complete and grammatically correct I'd think it was a fake too. The odds are beyond a logistical chance in the universe. So that means it's no accident. It's a fair and balanced experiment using the books from the examples you provided as control texts and even a comparison of the best matrix against the codes. I thought you actually looked over the links? I'm just trying to say there's something to this.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate
Question 1. Which bible (translation/version) was this program run on?

Originally posted by watchtheashes

The Torah to be precise.

So are you saying the bible code program was run on the original Aramaic version of the Torah?

Or a translated version?

(and no, I haven't looked over your links)

[edit on 12/5/2009 by alienanderson]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I am trying to have a simple discussion with you. I asked a rather simple question. I got an entire paragraph and not the answer to my question. I will try this again.

What bible was the matrix run on? -OK what translation of the Torah was it run on?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   

That is the translation. The Hebrew Torah. Sorry I didn't include the language. I did answer your question. I told you how the Torah was given to Moses by God directly. So it is the original text. All 304804 characters of it.

What else would you like to know? I'm sorry if I "sound" rude but we are reading text so the way I'm portraying the message might come off as wrong.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Have they run it on anything else?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   

1. The Aramaic Code Pack introduces the 1905 Syriac Pe#ta text and the Khabouris Codex. 2. The Greek Code Pack includes 4 new texts for codes searches with CodeFinder. These are the Byzantine-Majority, Nestle-Aland, Wescott-Hort, and Tischendorf texts. 3. The Cipher Code Pack adds Atbash, Atbach, and Albam permutations of the Torah and Tanach. 4. Only the 1611 King James Version New Testament and Old Testament for English codes research and the rest is Greek NT, Hebrew Torah, Hebrew Tanakh, Moby Dick for english control text, a scrambled Torah for control text in Hebrew, war and peace control text, and any more you can make yourself by eliminating all punctuation and spaces if you're up to the task of doing that and saving it (would take hours).

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I just have to wonder, OP, if you believe in this stuff, why bother looking for someone to debunk it? What difference should it make to you? Just go on ahead and believe it and live your life as if it were true. Be happy. Whatever.

It doesn't look like anybody is going to be persuaded to think the way you do, and why would you care if they did? Is it important to you that others believe the way you do? I think it's a load of hogwash, and like Nostradamus and other similar soothsaying texts, only seems to be able to "predict" stuff after the fact (which is completely useless), but so what?

Also, if this stuff really has the means of foretelling the future in some way, that doesn't say a whole lot for free will, now, does it? But if you believe in absolute predestination and no free will, what the hey.

Don't worry about it. Believe what you want.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

Its not accurate predictions of the future but rather possible outcomes of the future based on free will. I found Obama encoded with death throughout in Hebrew and English and its' always concise. That's saying something to me. I'm not trying to predict the future but give insight on how it might play out. With the way things are going, I think 2009 is the year it all goes down. The start point. No one knows the day or hour.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I'm simply fascinated by codes research that's all. It interests me. The Bible is even more interesting but that takes faith. I care about other people thinking about what Yeshua did for them when He died on the cross/stake/crucifix. A perfect man would be the only way to have humanity receive salvation. If you think the Bible is just no sex before marriage try reading it. Just to know what you are talking about. I'm not saying you don't know it but if you're going to debunk a book you should know it at least in part. To me I know it to be truth and God is truth for all of us.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   

reply to post by Nohup

Its not accurate predictions of the future but rather possible outcomes of the future based on free will. I found Obama encoded with death throughout in Hebrew and English and its' always concise. That's saying something to me. I'm not trying to predict the future but give insight on how it might play out. With the way things are going, I think 2009 is the year it all goes down. The start point. No one knows the day or hour.

You understand, of course, that "no one knows the day or hour," is an admonishment to stop trying to seek out signs and seals, and to let things progress as they will. That's because free will is subverted with foreknowledge. However, if you are determined to ignore God's wishes and continue seeking a look into the future (even a possible future), if you eventually discover, for instance, the day and hour of Obama's death, will you feel obligated to do something about it, or will you just sit by and let it happen, since it will be "God's will?"

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

I'm sure it can be prevented unless of course they are the ones doing it. I don't feel good about it at all.

Oh and then there is this. I'm not saying the codes are for prophecy but Christ said:

1 Corinthians 14:5:
"I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying."

He does not discourage it. Only those that may edify it by the tongues and prophecy by the Holy Spirit. So whoever does this correctly will add to the Church spiritually.

EDIT:
share-international.org...

Check this out we're living in some horribly interesting times.

[edit on 5/12/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The thing that is most interesting about the Bible code is not what can be found, but where it's found. For example, if you run a matrix in Isaiah 53, which is a description of the Messiah, you will find the name's of Jesus and eleven of the Apostles. Judas is the one that's missing. Then scattered around them are the names of places that Jesus ministered in.

Some previous posters brought up how the Bible has been changed. King James may have had translators jerk the text around, but there are other translations, which are based off of older texts [such as the ESV, my favorite translation] and they line up with the King James infact. Also, there is an astounding amount of consistency between millions of fragments and manuscripts that we have of the ancient Hebrew and Greek Scriptures. The Masoretic Text's Isaiah, for example, is 99% the same as the Dead Sea Scroll Isaiah. Something like 90% of the differences that arise in the texts are spelling [such as flavor in American English and flavour in British] or nonsense errors--an error where a copist left a tidle off a letter which made it a different word.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Well im not anti-code, but using translated texts does not proove anything. As some things can't be translated litteraly and still be understood in another language so people have to change whole sections of text to communicate the message.
Moses parting the red sea turned out to be moses parting the sea of reeds which is only 17miles wide as opposed to 150 miles wide. I do not think what body of water was crossed is importiant in communicating the ideas and general story of exodus im just using it to show what happends in translations.
I think if there is a hidden code it would be somthing more importiant about the time it was written.
Notice how you can look back for things like Hitler but you can't use it to actualy predict anything. These are all after the fact predictions which are about as valid as me standing up today and saying i predicted 9/11 when i was 4, using a photograph of me playing with 20 blocks as proof.
I think there would be a code in there somewhere but people are looking too far into the future. Who knows, there may be locations of temples not yet discovered disclosed in there.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Sorry, been a busy few days. So what you are saying is that an extremely complex computer program used several languages and books to come up with what you say is so amazing?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

the Torah was given to Moses by God directly

Evidence please.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join