It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Tower "Pico" (Pictures from my telescope ) *Updated Video*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

Thanks, I am going to be getting a better camera so the images will be more sharp. These do not show the detail I see through the eyepiece and I cannot stress that enough. If anyone wants certain pictures of the moon including ones with more magnification let me know and I will try my best to get them to you.

-Kdial1

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
my picture
daytime 8" dobson

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I have to say that Pico look weird on Internos close up pictures.

It kinda look tempered with.

I also think it is correct that alot of the long shadow are from the sunrise shadow effect, but it is just too long. Picoβ are not to far from Pico, and it's shadow is not even near the length if Pico.

So sunrise or not, that "tower" mountain are HIGH!!
VERY HIGH!

Anyway, I am not totally convinced yet that there is nothing there but a rock. I know the close up images shows a rock, but as i said, they look tempered with.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Akezzon]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Wonderful pics. And as much as the towers are an interesting subject, I'm still waiting on photos of the junk we left behind up there. Multiple landing sites, 2 moon rovers, flags ect... and several trips back with moon probes and not one photo yet of any of that stuff. HHmmmm

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Those are pretty good pics. A bit blured but seeing you have a moving target, not bad at all. The peak must be really tall to show up like that and seems to be more than one....thanks

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

This is still the best pic we have of the landing site:
www.boulder.swri.edu...

Compared to the moon, the site is tiny. No Earth Based telescope has the resolution for it, and space based telescopes are built to look at distant galaxies and planets, not the moon.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Thanks Kdial super photos
i have a meade 6inch lxd 75 that i bought 2 weeks ago i am hoping to be able to start taking photos this week with it
i will post any that turn out to be any way decent

regards

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Wow, I just watched the video. Great footage! Those are some great shots of the Moon, have you ever taken any of Mars?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
the sun is low on the horizon at the terminator shown in the pic, this would of course cast long shadows from the naturally irregular features of the moon.

no tower, if there was a tower as imagined, it would be ridiculously enormous, to be resolvable by an amateur telescope. or any earth based telescope i can think of.

not even the hubble is able to resolve the artifacts left behind at tranquility base, for instance.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Lovely pictures thank you for these!

What I would like to see though.. Could you take pictures from the same places where these towers are seen at different time.. It would be great if they could be seen from different angles as well.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenton1234
Wonderful pics. And as much as the towers are an interesting subject, I'm still waiting on photos of the junk we left behind up there. Multiple landing sites, 2 moon rovers, flags ect... and several trips back with moon probes and not one photo yet of any of that stuff. HHmmmm

You know that's pretty much impossible with the gear humankind is having at the moment, right?

Even hubble can't do it, and what we have here in earth, atmosphere is the obstacle for getting good enough pictures for that.

I personally believe Americans went to the moon, but most of those photos are fakes.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Nice photos of the moon pal. i am too an amateur astronomer and have mi own equipment ( C6-ASGT mount , ETX-125 lots of eyepices cameras and webcams) and many people forget that astronomy is fun . You dont need expensive equipment to scan the sky (on darksites) you just need a pair of Binoculars around the 50mm aperture and 10X (powers) with that and in a dark sky you can find lots of faint fuzzies (we call them like that finding some galaxy, nebulae or star cluster). of course is people get interested on a telescope then depends of what you can afoord and for what you want to use it.

Anyone who is interested in astronomy and wants to buy their first telescope or binoculars I recomend this site:

www.cloudynights.com... this is the best site for amateur astrnomers all around the globe, and the people is real friendy if you have questions on what telescope to buy..binocular or eyepices or barlows or anything that is related to it.

Have fun and nice pictures pal!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Its 1:14AM (I work late). As soon as I read this post and seen the pictures, I had to get my son's "Wal-mart Special" kid telescope and look at the bright moon tonight!

....didn't see anything special. But, I'd like to believe your pictures are authentic as much as I'd like to believe Richard C. Hoagland!

Starred and Flagged OP!

[edit on 11-5-2009 by CreeWolf]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Here are a couple of videos that I have taken of the moon,can't say that I have seen any towers though.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by amyfriend

great work man!!!
I've seen other photos of this before, but have always wondered if they were the work of hoaxers.
Your first image is somewhat blurry, but I'd expect that with that degree of magnification; but this is the one for me that resembles other photos I've seen of this tower. If Earth based scopes can pick this up, theres no denying whether its there; indeed it is!
100 points for the perserverance!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Thanks Kdial, these are great images! I am currently waiting to recieve a celestron telescope I saved up coke rewards to get, it was pretty easy to do, people leave them laying around everywhere! 2000 or so points later I was able to order it, I am glad to know that it is going to apparently be a quality telescope, if your pics are any indication of it's properties! Keep the pics coming!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Looking at the shadows alone, it's nothing more than high-school geometry. Only one light source, and many different objects casting different shadows indicating that they are not all the same size or shape.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't have a good understanding of just how big things really are on the moon, but someone out there can at least, just looking at the shadows, give us an idea of the scale of the object in question compared to everything else in the picture.

If I could, I would.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by merka
That is known as a sunset (or sunrise) here on planet Earth and the phenomena of exponentially longer shadows in conjunction with this is quite common.

Yeah I may sound like a complete twat, but I see nothing spectacular. Plus the area is highly likely to exist in high resolution satellite images.

Now, if someone where to post those and the exact area where the telescope pictures is smeared or something, then I'd be like "woah!" too.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by merka]

While the shadows are longer or shorter depending on the angle of the overhead sun, the same is true of the surrounding terrain, so at any given time, the the shadows of surrounding high spots, can be compared with this tower feature on a like for like basis.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Great thread, thanks to the op...

I've been away from ATS for a while and it's really nice to come back and find a thread like this, that isn't full of flames - just a nice, reasoned discussion of what may or may not be in the pictures. Kudos to all.

Kdial, I'm not an astronomer, nor particularly interested, but your pictures really are very nice, thanks for sharing your work.

Now, to pose a question... and pardon me if it's been asked elsewhere, but - with regard to the mathematics, geometry etc of these pictures, does it follow that this is also a possible explanation for the "infamous" variations in shadows in the pictures from the "alleged" moon landings.

I really, really don't want to derail this thread and will be very content with a reply of "Yes, that's a distinct possibility" or "No, check out this thread..."

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
very nice pics. Thanks for sharing with us. I am interested in putting a setup like yours togeather. I will be watching for further pics to come in.
Thanks again!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join