It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Tower "Pico" (Pictures from my telescope ) *Updated Video*

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hey all, Just wanted to put this on here and see what everyone thought of this? To me when I was looking at this it was very very clear. Unfortunately it is hard to take a picture in such a high power telescope.

The Telescope and options I used was:

Vixen R130
2xBarlow Lens
32mm lens (I believe that is it...not sure)
Celestron Point and shoot camera mount

Using a Kodak M1033 HD

Moon Tower 1

Moon Tower 2

Updated: Video My girlfriend was getting cold and wanted me to move the telescope towards the fire so she would be warmer....I did not want ashes going into my reflector so that was a negative for her. Just thought I would let you know in case you were wondering what she was saying.

These Photos are in their original form, I just saved them and renamed them.

Also I took a video as well, I will post this as well if anyone wants to see it. It is high quality and I am not sure if ATS will support it. So if anyone can tell me a good place to upload videos for free without signing up for anything I will send the High Def video as well.

Back to the picture what caught my attention on this was the shadow this tower was throwing off. Look forward to hearing analysis.

-Kdial1

(BTW I am in the UK right now and yesterday went to the Templar Church which was awe inspiring.....so was St. Pauls Cathedral and Stonehenge... to keep up with all of my updates on my trip in the UK follow me on twitter same profile name that I use here on ats (kdial1) I will be posting tons of pictures from the Templar Chruch for everyone to see.)

Disclaimer: These Pictures are the Sole property of kdial1 they may not be used or reproduced without the express permission of kdial1.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by kdial1]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
wow thats kool
can you post more pics when you get them please

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by binkatonka

I have got quite a few more and will put them on here for you :-) Give me 10 minutes.

Here was my welcome to the UK

www.belowtopsecret.com...

-Kdial1

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Can you draw a ring around what you're talking about?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Very good. That is a very long shadow indeed.
I wonder why we don't see high res photos previously taken of this item.

Me smells a conspiracy a brewing.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Wonderful picture. As SLAYER69 said, the very long shadow is really interesting. S&F.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Can you highlight the region in question?

EDIT to add: Okay I see the area, I don't know, it is probably just a natural feature, but without better resolution there is no way to be sure. Great pics though!

[edit on 5/10/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by binkatonka

These are pictures I took of the moon, some of these do not include the Tower but I figure I would put them up for viewing pleasure in case someone catches something I did not.

Moon 1
Moon 2
Moon 3
Moon 4
Moon 5
Moon 6
Moon 7

Anyone have a place I can upload the video? It is High def and will show more detail....Thanks in advance.

Most of the above pictures were taken during the day.

-Kdial1

Disclaimer: These Pictures are the Sole property of kdial1 they may not be used or reproduced without the express permission of kdial1.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
what size is the file ?

link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Very good. That is a very long shadow indeed.
I wonder why we don't see high res photos previously taken of this item.

Me smells a conspiracy a brewing.

Yes, the High Def video I have shows it in detail. It is in quicktime format.

-Kdial1

link   
That shadow is actually very long, compared to the other shadows in the photo. My first thought was to wonder if shadows on the horizon of darkness would cast a longer shadow than objects in the more lighted areas. It is a mystery, but to the OP i do commend you for bringing this to our attention and sharing with us what you are finding up there. I am thinking of getting an 8inch lens telescope to view the moon to do exactly what you are doing.

Your photo is quite interesting and I ask for more that you may find.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Those are awesome photo's!!

Whatever the object is,it is casting a helluva lot bigger shadow than the crater wall just below it!

I wonder if this anomaly shows up in any official images?

Good work!!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
That is known as a sunset (or sunrise) here on planet Earth and the phenomena of exponentially longer shadows in conjunction with this is quite common.

Yeah I may sound like a complete twat, but I see nothing spectacular. Plus the area is highly likely to exist in high resolution satellite images.

Now, if someone where to post those and the exact area where the telescope pictures is smeared or something, then I'd be like "woah!" too.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by merka]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by binkatonka
what size is the file ?

The quicktime file is 23.8 MB.

For everyone asking me to circle the tower in question, I am working on it now.

-Kdial1

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
That is known as a sunset (or sunrise) here on planet Earth and the phenomena of exponentially longer shadows in conjunction with this is quite common.

Yeah I may sound like a complete twat, but I see nothing spectacular. Plus the area is highly likely to exist in high resolution satellite images.

Now, if someone where to post those and the exact area where the telescope pictures is smeared or something, then I'd be like "woah!" too.

I am offering video to everyone on here to show this is not a smear so you can see where it is. In the video I pan the telescope so you can see where on the moon it is.
(Keep in mind on Newtonian telescopes everything is upside down)

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

No I meant a smear on official satellite photos

Anyway, I found a photo of it:

www.lunarrepublic.com...

This particular "lunar tower" is also called Mons Pico and it does produce a considerably longer shadow than its little brother Pico even in this footage where the shadows are shorter.

Edit: And its on Wiki
en.wikipedia.org...

Due to its isolated location on the lunar mare, however, this peak can form prominent shadows when illuminated by oblique sunlight.

Or even better:

Pico is the site of a climactic space battle in Arthur C. Clarke's novel Earthlight.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
We can judge from the shadow of the highly jagged edges of the crater throw on the floor of the crater that the tower is not quite as tall and unique as we would tend to think. Having said that, I do believe aliens and humans are messin' with both the Moon and...of course, Mars!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Please do take some more pictures... a whole spread of the moon would be great!

Thanks so much for the great shots!

I live underground but a moon tower would be great!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jb0311NY
reply to post by kdial1

Please do take some more pictures... a whole spread of the moon would be great!

Thanks so much for the great shots!

I live underground but a moon tower would be great!

Well judging by your name I take it you are in New York. I try to go out to Beaver Meadows every weekend which is in Western New york. If you would like to view the moon and other heavenly bodies you are certainly invited to peer through my telescope. Pictures just do not give it justice. Looking through with your own eyes you can see so much more detail it leaves you breathless.

-Kdial

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

thankyou!!

thats so cool,,,

i wonder how big that tower/structure is??

its just mind blowing whats up there and be so cool if we had numorous rovers and a couple more hubbles!!!

huggs everyone!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join