It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you want to know what's right from wrong...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Spend time with the poor, sick and starving, befriend, help, and love them. Enjoy being with them and find peace with them. Exchange life stories with them.. Even better, be able to experience starvation yourself. Then go back to your city, friends, basically the life you're used to...

This is one of my experiences of my life.

This not just for some nutcase or 'Mother Theresa' personality types to do. If you're questing for truth, you shouldn't miss it or you've missed a good portion of the truth or the whole. If I cut to the chase, this makes you realize the things that are truly important in life and those that aren't.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Or, you could just examine the core golden rule underlying all religions....

1. Do unto others as you would have done unto you...

or, you could go into western and middle-eastern religions...

2. Do unto others as you would have done unto you...but only if they follow the same religion.

Personally, I like 1. best....

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I think the moral here is basically to put yourself in the other persons shoes. And I couldn't agree more with that.

It is said that half the truth is often the greatest lie. If we refuse to take a look at things from the other persons perspective, and get a full view of the situation, then we automatically condemn ourselves to being in half the truth, or a great lie.

Take the Iraq war for example. What if rather than all these people just wanting to go to war and kill Saddam etc had put themselves on the other side. How would we feel if someone did those things to us. If people had done this, then they likely would have seen things in a much different light.

Jesus talks about this in Matthew 7. In order to remove the beam from our own eyes, we must look at things from the perspective of the other side. From that other perspective, we can then see the beam in our own eye to remove it. Once we remove it, we can then show the other person to look at things from both perspectives, and they can then see the mote in their eye as well.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
That is correct. I thought it was hard at first, but in the end, it turned out a lot better than earning money...

But now, I had to help my relatives first, but once the family business gets going, I had to leave them and get back to helping the poor.

I never had everything in me so calm and peaceful until I got away from the pressures of this life. I have to say, money = trouble! Beautiful cars, houses, properties amounts to nothing if they only give you headaches!!

new topics

top topics

join