It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Could Elect First Female President

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Foppezao

Are we anyway better... About ten years ago came first woman priests, after terrible mediawar and "with long teeth" ... but still are they chased many ways, cant get job etc.

- When do we have female pope?

Politics and religion is different things, in every culture... Western media keep saying that Ayatollah in Iran keeps the higher place than president... But same we can say from Christian states too: Think Rome, Italy.

- Pope is much more important than Berlusconi - Yes?

Poropaganda is always one sided - truth can be distorted - we should keep our views wider than western MSM spectrum.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Some interesting pics from Iran before islam took over -look at how nice,free and liberated it all looks:

www.pagef30.com...

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

As much as my NWO-sense tingles every time someone demonizes Islam, I have to agree.

The Ayatollahs are a disgraceful bunch of dictatorial theocrats; and as it stands, the religion of Islam is part and parcel with their tyranny.

Iran will not elect a woman President, this 'news' is not newsworthy. Has anyone here ever watched Iranian news or read an Iranian newspaper? Propaganda at its most sleazy and candid level. They don't just put a spin on a bad situation, they flat out make # up.

Sorry, but as a bit of a bender, I rather like Israel. I won't miss Iran one whit if the Israelis and their overlords decide to annihilate it.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Wake up indeed Janus. Your futile attempts to present this as a legitimate news source exposes either your ignorance or disingenuous agenda. In other words, you are either too naive and uneducated to understand that this source is a state run propaganda machine, or you willingly seek to provide disinformation.

You impress only your fellow anti-Israeli dimwits with this kind of thing. The rest of us are laughing at your futility.

Peace my friend.

Jeez... Night Watchman. I almost feel like I'm chasing you from thread to thread, because every thread I go to, I catch you there.

Again, I stand by my previous statements. PressTV is a legitamate news source. I have a bachelors degree, I am not uneducated.

Which leads me to ask, do you have a bachelors degree?

I give my congratulations to Iran and hope that their elections turn out well.

But back to Mr. Night Watchman, I must ask, how many candidates does an American election have? How many political parties does any American election have?

Now how many political parties does an Iranian election have? How many candidates do you have choose from in an Iranian election??

Now who has a more democratic and free government? And I don't want to hear about how some headscarves take away women's rights, as it is debated in America if they even have a right to wear a headscarf in American schools.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

"The rest of us" who's us?, the 2% of non-critical thinkers that use this forum i suppose..., anyhoo, you've not shown any proof for your statements from which we can make our minds up on...

" you can not, in any way, shape or form, disprove them and prove yourself right

You don't seem to understand that where the Universe sits, at this point, there is no truth, but individual truth. And that may not be the real truth... So far, other than casting aspersions, you have not given anyone, who is not already leaning toward your way of thinking, any reason to change."
"

You're pretty much saying "Look at me I'm only posting because this is my firm 'belief' not actual fact"

When did people start relying on msm for there news anyway...

"news network 1" - BOMB KILLED 50000 people in Iraq
"news network 2" - bomb killed 20 people in Iraq 40 injured,

who am i to believe?

they're all the same, they tell you what they want you to hear, no matter what the story, and that is cold hard FACT you can't proove me wrong.

but I'm sick an tired of in-house fighting from people who clearly have no reason to be posting other then to loath on pride and self-beliefs...

Before you post, remove those false barriers of race/religion/, this is the first step to critical thinking about the given subjects..

Just remember, we're all human, he's not asian he's human, you're human i'm human, that's a cat!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by allsop

You don't seem to understand that where the Universe sits, at this point, there is no truth, but individual truth.

So there is no truth? Well that is certainly an interesting way to look at the Universe.

It would also explain why anyone would star a post by the OP.

I guess we just have to be glad that the real doesn't resemble the world in which some of you people live.

You are welcome to your world of ambiguity and lies.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

Now how many political parties does an Iranian election have? How many candidates do you have choose from in an Iranian election??

Now who has a more democratic and free government?

Good point. Iran is free.

Unless you are a woman, homosexual or dissident.

Screw them, though, right? At least white men who don't publicly disagree with the govt are free right? Well almost.

As for your claim that PressTV is an objective and legitimate news source. I have asked you to provide links to stories on their website that have been critical of the Iranian govt....you can't. And yet you insist they are legitimate.

I hope you can get a refund on that bachelors degree, friend?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join