It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Could Elect First Female President

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Iran Could Elect First Female President

www.presstv.ir

More than 40 women have registered as prospective candidates for Iran's tenth Presidential elections raising, a top election official says.

"Of the 475 who signed up as candidates, 433 are men and 42 are women," Kamran Daneshjoo, the head of Iran's election committee told reporters on Sunday.

That means the Islamic Republic could see a woman as its head of state, becoming the first Muslim country to have a female president.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.xinhuanet.com

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
In the middle of warmongering Zionist media campaign - we can little look behind this "Iranian Threat" headlines... 42 female politicians have signed up, thats good... What it tells from society? - That also their families and large community is supporting their own womans to highest place.

News what "they" will not want you to read.

Nop - This is not part of Reuters/Ap propaganda... It goes more like this:

"Evil is Iran, where unhuman dictator is ruling with iron fist - and those suicidal shias, only one thing - and common dream in their mind - to nuke Israel..."

WHAT A CRAP - WAKE UP!

www.presstv.ir

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

WHAT A CRAP - WAKE UP!

Wake up indeed Janus. Your futile attempts to present this as a legitimate news source exposes either your ignorance or disingenuous agenda. In other words, you are either too naive and uneducated to understand that this source is a state run propaganda machine, or you willingly seek to provide disinformation.

You impress only your fellow anti-Israeli dimwits with this kind of thing. The rest of us are laughing at your futility.

Peace my friend.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

TEHRAN, May 10 (Xinhua) -- A total of 475 applicants have signed up for Iran's presidential election slated for June 12, the official IRNA news agency reported on Sunday.

Of the 475 applicants who signed up as candidates, 433 are men and 42 are women.

news.xinhuanet.com...

- You guys are eager to condemn PressTV - but where is your evidence? ... You are just brainwashed to believe.

- Everyone who follow closely Gaza Op knew that PressTV was almost only good source for information - and afterward - there has been no debate - if info really was accurate... PressTV did fine job in difficult situation - my respect.

If you have something, shoot - but if its only your baseless believe - cut the crap.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

There are people running around with their fingers in their ears, The world is changing faster than they can accept. They have been conditioned by MSM

that Iran is the "Axis of Evil" and they swallow it , hook ,line, and sinker. While the US is being led to war with countries it has no business being in war with , The Chinese are making Business Deals , PEACEFULLY , that will insure their prominance on the Global scene.

Iran wants to grow their country , peacefully , nothing more.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

Iran wants to grow their country , peacefully , nothing more.

The Iranian PEOPLE want as you suggest. Their current government does not.

You need to remove your fingers from your ears, your hands from your eyes and, most of all, your from out of your....well you get the idea.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yes, Janusfin: wake up. IranTV might have some legitimate information every now and then, it remains a state-owned agency that is intended to spread propaganda. Whatever you think of Israel and its lobby, Iran isn't any better - their government that is. They are dangerous extremists who have done more harm than good to their own people. If they wouldn't be so retarded, Iran would now be an emerging power in the region alike India.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Mdv2]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN
That means the Islamic Republic could see a woman as its head of state, becoming the first Muslim country to have a female president.

First Muslim country to have a female president? LOL.

Benazir Bhutto was the Prime Minister of Pakistan. Oh wait, her title was Prime Minister and not President. HUGE difference!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Yeah, it's all propaganda.

Iran is a beautiful country, too bad it will all likely be destroyed.

Maybe we should take a few moments to appreciate it before it is all gone

These Iranians are so evil and backward the world should be a better place without them.

Allah forbid they ever elect a woman president.

Iranian women?

It's too bad they are so hell bent on the destruction of Israel and must be annihilated.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish
Yeah, it's all propaganda.

Iran is a beautiful country, too bad it will all likely be destroyed.

Iran is indeed a beautiful country but it is not about to be destroyed. If Israel were to take military action against Iran, it would be limited to attacks on the nuclear facilities, similar to what Israel did to Iraq nuclear facilities in the past.

This would be action that I would not support, however. But it's important to keep some perspective as there is no way Israel will annihilate Iran in total.

Now a question for you. Do you believe that Iranian women rights that are equal to those of Iranian men?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Now a question for you. Do you believe that Iranian women rights that are equal to those of Iranian men?

Not at all, though they are more moderate than Arab nations.

Iranian women are far less oppressed than women in Arab nations. They do have some rights, they are highly educated, vote, and can be elected to public office. They still have to ride at the back of the bus, but it is a far cry from the oppression Women face in Saudi Arabia (for example).

Now a question for you.

IF there are Israeli preemptive strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities and Iran retaliates, do you honestly believe that Israel will restrict its strikes to only military targets?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

IF there are Israeli preemptive strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities and Iran retaliates, do you honestly believe that Israel will restrict its strikes to only military targets?

Yes I do. Not that there will not be collateral damage and that is not to be dismissed but, yes I believe they will restrict the attack to nuclear facilities.

EDIT - sorry, I missed the second part your question. I guess it would depend on how Iran retaliated.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Night Watchman]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Lets try again.

IF Israel does launch preemptive strikes (speculation) and Iran retaliates on Israel (as Iran has threatened) in response to the Iranian RETALIATION do you believe that Israel will THEN only target nuclear and military in Iran?

I believe it would be very foolish to assume it would stop there, for Israel at that point it will likely be all or nothing, destroy them or be destroyed.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Lets try again.

IF Israel does launch preemptive strikes (speculation) and Iran retaliates on Israel (as Iran has threatened) in response to the Iranian RETALIATION do you believe that Israel will THEN only target nuclear and military in Iran?

I believe it would be very foolish to assume it would stop there, for Israel at that point it will likely be all or nothing, destroy them or be destroyed.

As I posted earlier, it would depend on the scale and scope of Iran's retaliation. Personally, I'm not sure Iran would retaliate directly but rather more likely though proxies such as Hamas and Hezbollah.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Hamas(or was it Hezbollah?) to Israel what Al-Quaida is to the US? You know... evil terrorists funded under the table by the victim?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by vegno
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Hamas(or was it Hezbollah?) to Israel what Al-Quaida is to the US? You know... evil terrorists funded under the table by the victim?

No. AQ is not funded by the US.

Nice try, though.

Nor is Israel funding either of the organizations you suggest.

Such nonsense.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by vegno

No. AQ is not funded by the US.

Nice try, though.

Nor is Israel funding either of the organizations you suggest.

Such nonsense.

Actually you are wrong...

AQ was funded and trained to fight Russia in the Afgan war

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

Actually you are wrong...

AQ was funded and trained to fight Russia in the Afgan war

No actually you are wrong which at this point is hardly surprising.

The US govt did support Afghan insurgents during the Soviet Union's invasion.

AQ did not exist at that time.

Facts can be your friend if you'd let them.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Here you are speaking "limited attacks" - how in the hell can you limit disaster - radioactive clouds and leaks?

"Surgical strikes, limited strikes, pre-emptive strikes..." Those are just very scary warmongering propaganda.

Iran is sovereign state which have all the equal rights to nuclear tech than other nations - Israels idea of controlling Middle East countries, with their nukes, are the origins of dangerous path to the future of the region, to whole world.

Persia will strike back - we cant expect any other - and that will mean all out war in ME... Escalating fast in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt and Jordania.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Iran of all countries electing their first female president. Now this would defiantly be something.

One would have to assume this would be a chess move to trump societal views such as, um, the USA.

Here in the USA we would have to come up with something really quick in embarrassment on why Iran of all places allowed/elected a female president.

I sense large segments of propaganda from Fox news ahead. !

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join