It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Could Be a Revolution in America : Press TV

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
i have to agree that IRAN comment by infinite/ nite watchman etc was simply a destraction by infinite........(innocent?/probably) but none the less

iF Max only went on Press TV then it would have some merit but he speaks his mind everywhere!!!! So the Iran comments have nothing to do with the thread and are de-railing

Max K... will go on any media that will allow him (he was on a french station ) as well saying the same thing.

"Water board the CEO of GM, CHrylser, Ford, JP morgan, CITI, BOA, GS"

that would be a pay per view event for the record books

p.s this sort of non-sense works on the sheeple....but ATS has a bit better critical thinking skills

[edit on 10-5-2009 by cpdaman]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
USA needs a revolution , its a very corrupt nation full of evil , which has ruined the world .

hopefully, a revolution should happen and if not , then God should destroy USA

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kombatt98
USA needs a revolution , its a very corrupt nation full of evil , which has ruined the world .

then we have posts like these following mine...........extremist non sense

i don't think it is even serious?? poison the revolution well?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Could you elaborate? What is the evil that has consumed the US? How has it ruined the world?

Do you believe the people of the US to be evil and wish for them to be destroyed as well?

And which God is it that you would like to destroy the US?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Thats kinda harsh

The thread was about the people of the US Taking back their country from corruption, before it leads to a revolt,

Lets hope for that scenario first

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman

Originally posted by Albertarocks

Which Iranian mouthpiece are you talking about? And why are you throwing barbs at Iran? Iran has nothing to do with this thread!

A

This video comes from Iranian State run television. If you consider that to be an objective, credible source then I'm not sure there is any hope of having an intelligent discourse with you, my friend.

You're painting Iranian State run television with a broad negative brush. Perhaps you should realize that the American State run television networks are no more credible than Iranian. In fact, the American State run networks are clearly the most corrupt in the world. I'm sorry if you're offended by that statement, but a lot of Americans have known this for years, and a lot more are just starting to realize it now.

Of course I consider Iranian television to be credible, just as I consider Al Jazeera to be very credible. Besides, just because the presenter (who, I say again, is an American) appears on Iranian television is no reason to blatantly discredit his message as bullshyte. It's not bullshyte!

Judging by your response to me, I'd guess you're probably a pretty good dude. I just think you need to open your mind. You're only willing to listen to the American MSM, and you know what that means.... you're misinformed.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by cpdaman

Ermm, can I have a translation into English please?

Press TV would have more credibility if it also mentioned the human rights violation within Iran - not just the West or Israel. Sadly though, apologists refuse to recognise both sides are at fault. Iran is a Saint in the minds of some

Russia Today is even critical of the Russian Federation, for the recond. Again, anyone presenting an opposing view is shouted down - see George Galloway's program on Press TV.

Read the Iranian Constitution btw and you'll recognise these women candidates might not even make it to the ballot paper.

If you give out criticism, at least have the decency to receive a fair amount in return.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks

You're painting Iranian State run television with a broad negative brush. Perhaps you should realize that the American State run television networks are no more credible than Iranian...

Of course I consider Iranian television to be credible, just as I consider Al Jazeera to be very credible. .

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

First of all, the US networks are not state run. Neither, by the way, is Al Jazeera in my opinion. Each of the US networks have a decided left or right bias but they are not run by the govt.

They are also no longer journalists but, rather, entertainers. Sadly, there is very little journalism practiced in my country these days. That is more ineptitude than it is propaganda.

PressTV is run by the state of Iran and never presents anything but the party line from the govt.

And you would be wrong to assume I only get my information from the main stream media.

and by the way...you are wrong. The presenter is not an American.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Night Watchman]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It also seems to me that Alex Jones is in all actuality, trying to flush out "certain types" of people so that they can be arrested and delt with. While he continues to preach, and stir people up on national radio.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
thanks nightwatchmen for protecting us all from iran,but listenening to the thread i agree, we need to take our country back, there is nothing left to outsource, swindle, or steal from the american people. except if you take your grandchildrens money? in which is what has been going on for lets say the last 3 months, but it sounds like watchmen you have lots of money, with no worries about your grandchildren or for that matter any one elses kids. on that note i am very happy for you and your family, but for mine we are worried, as the united states has changed from a nation of working hard and having it returned to you, to a nation of theft and deceit.

paw raised for change >< but common sense change.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
interesting find. thanks for sharing.
take care

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
You mean the same Press TV that is funded by the Iranian government?

Ironically, no news is ever reported on this station. Only pro-Hezbollah and Hamas propaganda on a daily basis. Press TV gives the Arab media a very bad name.

You're no ATS "Subject Matter Expert".

I don't see anything wrong with Press TV. I check it along with everything else everyday, along with CNN, Reuters, ABC News, you name it. Very solid and objective.

Just because they don't praise Israel and bad mouth Iran like the local American media (I can't stand to watch the stuff, it's annoying. Only a non-black american could stand it for longer than 10 minutes), doesn't mean that it is pro-Hezbollah and pro-Hamas.

I see news reported on Press TV everyday. It may not be about every little thing that happens in a small town in Arkansas, but they do have solid news stories on world events in their english section.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tatersalad
in which is what has been going on for lets say the last 3 months, but it sounds like watchmen you have lots of money, with no worries about your grandchildren or for that matter any one elses kids. on that note i am very happy for you and your family, but for mine we are worried, as the united states has changed from a nation of working hard and having it returned to you, to a nation of theft and deceit.

The last three months? You believe all if this started three months ago? I suppose if you weren't paying attention for the couple of decades one might be lead to believe that the troubles began with the bailout bill but that is just simply not the truth.

And I believe there are changes that need to be made but to suggest there is going to be some sort of violent revolution as that dimwit from France suggested on the PressTV clip is just more alarmist fear mongering.

Your sarcasm about protecting all of you from Iran is childish and not worthy of comment. Go play somewhere else for I have no time for such nonsense.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

I don't see anything wrong with Press TV. I check it along with everything else everyday, along with CNN, Reuters, ABC News, you name it. Very solid and objective.

Perhaps my perception of PressTV is wrong. If what you are saying is true, then PressTV must have run some pieces that are critical of the Iranian government. Can you provide some links? I will be happy to admit it if I am incorrect. I've honestly never been able to find one.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by cpdaman

Ermm, can I have a translation into English please?

Press TV would have more credibility if it also mentioned the human rights violation within Iran - not just the West or Israel. Sadly though, apologists refuse to recognise both sides are at fault. Iran is a Saint in the minds of some

Russia Today is even critical of the Russian Federation, for the recond. Again, anyone presenting an opposing view is shouted down - see George Galloway's program on Press TV.

Read the Iranian Constitution btw and you'll recognise these women candidates might not even make it to the ballot paper.

If you give out criticism, at least have the decency to receive a fair amount in return.

Give me a break! What about my rights here in America?? What about the human rights violation here in America??

I mean on one level, there's the stuff you can talk about, like, why in the world can't I catch a Greyhound at the Cleveland Greyhound station without getting dragged into a back office and tortured like it's Guantanamo?? Why can't I walk through the Galleria (a mall in downtown Cleveland) without the security guard pulling his gun out and asking "what are you doing here, this ain't no lottery?". Why can't I walk into a mall in downtown Buffalo, without the security guards dragging me out, calling my mom a profane name while doing so, proclaiming that they'll arrest me if I come back? Why can't I walk down the street without rotten eggs being thrown at me? Without folks yelling the N-word out at me as I walk home. This list goes on forever...

And then there's the stuff, that you know you're really not supposed to talk about, like them aliens and stuff. Like, why can't I get to sleep at night without who knows how much liquor? Why can't I sit here and type some garbage without gyrating all over the place as them alien psychics send unpleasant sensations through my body.

You see, that's the thing about the West, there's the stuff you can see, and then there's the stuff that you can't see that's just waiting to explode just any minute. And the ATS "Subject Matter Expert" doesn't know about it.

I'm leaning towards the East. Those rights and freedoms bull, it's so hogwash that it's hard to believe anyone types such nonsense.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
Perhaps my perception of PressTV is wrong. If what you are saying is true, then PressTV must have run some pieces that are critical of the Iranian government. Can you provide some links? I will be happy to admit it if I am incorrect. I've honestly never been able to find one.

I don't see the connection between being critical of the Iranian government and having a positive perception of how a group reports the news.

If there was a connection, then your local news station here in America would be so objective and legit, that it's not funny.

Since when has your local news station in America been critical of America?? Were they critical when that black american was shot at the Fruitvale Bart station?? No, but according to you, that would be because they are trying to be "objective" and "impartial".

They report the news from the "American" viewpoint. If they were critical of America, then they wouldn't get the licenses that they need renewed each year.

How many mainstream news sources in America are critical of America?? And having those "reports" where they say "Okay, there was this problem, then so-and-so stepped in because we reported it, and now there is this solution" doesn't cut it. That's nowhere near being critical of America. That's what you call "creative criticism", and it's tactic you use in job interviews in America.

And by the way, I'd like to add that in America, it is not what you see, but it is what you don't see.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
God the first full page was dedicated to trashing PRESS TV. Seriously guys, ALL TV is propaganda. Dismissing the propaganda all together is not an intelligent thing to do. Listen, digest what is being said, and then cross reference with what we know already.

We have Gerald Celente, Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, Ralph Nader, and many on the right and left wing who are calling for revolts and revolution. We spend all day long talking about the banking system, and how it sets policy, and yet we find it impossible to accept the VERY SAME CRITICISMS from countries that our government says is the "enemy". The guy in the video isn't even Iranian.

The message is clear and understandable and in line with what we regularly discuss on these boards. Whether PRESS TV is using the message as propaganda only requires a knowledge on how the tea parties were treated on April 15. On the Left it was all about "hating black people" to further the lefts agenda. On the right, Fox news hijacked the event for ratings and to further the GOPs agenda. It is interesting to see how well conditioned we are to not accept anything that isn't American even when our own media lies about everything, and sadly, we know it.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious

How many mainstream news sources in America are critical of America?? And having those "reports" where they say "Okay, there was this problem, then so-and-so stepped in because we reported it, and now there is this solution" doesn't cut it. That's nowhere near being critical of America. That's what you call "creative criticism", and it's tactic you use in job interviews in America.

You couldnt be more wrong. I can send you links to various news outlets who are critical of the President, of Congress and other governmental institutions.

I wonder where you are getting your misnformation from...or are you just making it up?

If you can't provide any links in which some decision or action by the Iranian govt is questioned and criticized then you have made my point. Or are you suggesting that the Iranian govt only makes wise decisions and takes just actions?? There are voices of dissent within Iran, surely an objective news organization would give voice to those voices?

I await your links.

Or your admission that PressTV is not an objective source of news and information.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
On the Left it was all about "hating black people" to further the lefts agenda. On the right, Fox news hijacked the event for ratings and to further the GOPs agenda. It is interesting to see how well conditioned we are to not accept anything that isn't American even when our own media lies about everything, and sadly, we know it.

You are seriously misrepresenting the coverage of the Tea Party. I wonder why you do so? The LEFT did not characterize the event as being about, "hating black people." One loony ultra liberal ACTRESS/COMEDIENNE used that term.

That was not the way it was reported on the news networks. For you to claim it was is an out and out lie. Now, the media did not take it seriously and to be quite honest, it really isn't all that interesting of a story outside of the conspiracy community.

As for Fox and the GOP, well they are both desperate to paint the GOP in a positive light so they latched on to what they incorrectly perceived as an anti-Obama movement.

Although, as much as I can't stand him, Glen Beck devoted an hour to the Tea Party movement and had a number of people who participated on the show. Their message was that, neither party should take their movement as a friend of theirs because it was about the direction the country had been going in for some time, not just three months.

I know it's tempting to get all fired up with this group think, "The Media is nothing more than a govt mouthpiece!" but that is not an accurate portrayal. As I have stated before, the media is much more guilty of ineptitude that it is of complicity.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I thought he was great! Good free speech effort at least as perpetrated regarding the USA. Don't know anything about the web site or the speaker but what he said was at least the kind of opinion that would never be heard on Fox,CNN.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join