It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Could Be a Revolution in America : Press TV

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This short vid makes some valid points , but I dont agree with all he says,

sounds like to me anyway , this guy is Hoping for it to happen !

What Do You Think ?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
You mean the same Press TV that is funded by the Iranian government?

Ironically, no news is ever reported on this station. Only pro-Hezbollah and Hamas propaganda on a daily basis. Press TV gives the Arab media a very bad name.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

This short vid makes some valid points , but I dont agree with all he says,

sounds like to me anyway , this guy is Hoping for it to happen !

What Do You Think ?

That was hilarious! There is nothing like an Iranian mouthpiece lecturing American citizens on the need for revolution. This, from a country (Iran) that murders homosexuals and denies women equal rights.

Not to minimize the problems we are experiencing here in the US, for they are considerable, this video presents an intentionally inaccurate portrayal of life in this country.

It plays like a bad satirical comedy routine.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Guy is French, Max Keiser speaking - but you guys are condemning TV station because what one man is saying there... and I think many in here havent watch PreesTV not single time!

( Alex Jones has speak totally the same predictions in Russia Today, and many times - does that same to Russia Today... )

If you have evidence of hoax news in PressTV - please share those with us - without nothing to back up your claims - just shut up!

People in here has condemned PressTV as to be just some one sided propaganda channel - but have I once seen proofs from their lies - never.

If they are reporting things whats not coming out in MSM West, does that make them just propaganda station... Look to mirror guys, and deny your ignorance!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Denies womans equal rights ... And where is that based on?

More than 40 women have registered as prospective candidates for Iran's tenth Presidential elections raising, a top election official says.

news.xinhuanet.com...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Russia Today is not as bias as Press TV. Press TV, like the Iranian government, rarely let anyone with a opposite opinion on the station.

And, also, do not get me started on Alex Jones. The man will do anything to inflate his own personal wealth and ego. I have more respect for Icke.

Plus, if you have the ability to read, you'd notice I never mentioned the word "hoax" in my previous post.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Has the religious council given their blessing for the women to stand?

Majority of Iran are reformers, but significant portion of them were banned from standing in the recent Parliamentary elections because the ruling religious council did not want "counter revolutionaries" standing.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

In USA there is no candidate without blessing from FOX either... ( Ron Paul )

- I am not here to defend Iranian model of the state, church is part of every culture - but I want to raise some facts to the table... 42 females is not just one candidate, and that number means - that total amount of active females politicians with support is very large. It tells its own story from the hidden truth.

This news should belong to all western media - lets hope it pass the propaganda sensors.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JanusFIN

Denies womans equal rights ... And where is that based on?

Here...for one. It's not at all hard to find information about the lack of women's rights in Iran...if you look somewhere other than Iran's own state run propaganda machine...but you seem unwilling to do so:

www.nytimes.com...

Women also face fierce resistance when they organize to change the law. The Campaign for One Million Signatures was founded in 2005, inspired by a movement in Morocco that led to a loosening of misogynist laws. The idea was to collect one million signatures for a petition calling on authorities to give women more equal footing in the laws on marriage, divorce, adultery and polygamy. But Iran’s government has come down hard on the group, charging many of its founders with trying to overthrow it; 47 members have been jailed so far, including 3 who were arrested late last month. Many still face charges, and six members are forbidden to leave the country. One member, Alieh Eghdamdoust, began a three-year jail sentence last month for participating in a women’s demonstration in 2006. The group’s Web site, www.we-change.org, has been blocked by the authorities 18 times.

Does that sound like equal rights to you?

Can you point me to a story that has run on PressTV that spoke of Iranian women's desperate quest for rights?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Ron Paul, is as per usual, wrong. Fox could not have been more anti-Obama during the last election and yet he won.

Interesting.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Listen to the message, not the messenger. He is accurate on several fronts. People like "the Donald" get respect, why? What does he know or do that deserves such accolades? He's a twit with a bad haircut that happened to come out of the right womb and inherit wealth. He then bankrupted his companies on three separate occasions.

Americans are waking up and they're getting very angry. Will it result in revolution? Who knows?

That said, regardless of the messenger, the message was on target.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I am not denying religious laws, what I see also are far behind these ages...

What I see wrong attitude toward families, specially womans place on it - its not problem only in muslim states, but all major religions.

When do christian states get woman as pope? ... Or female munk in Buddism?

Fanatism in every religion is terrible, no matter what is the headline for it, and in where its happening - Political progress helps the situation, and like we see in many muslim states - womans situation has gone better - thats trend that we should support.

Peace.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

What I see wrong attitude toward families, specially womans place on it - its not problem only in muslim states, but all major religions.

When do christian states get woman as pope? ... Or female munk in Buddism?

Fanatism in every religion is terrible, no matter what is the headline for it, and in where its happening - Political progress helps the situation, and like we see in many muslim states - womans situation has gone better - thats trend that we should support.

Peace.

I am beginning to see where your confusion comes from. You don't seem to understand the difference between religious sects and sovereign state governments.

It is true that many religions have an antiquated view of women. The difference between Christian or Muslim RELIGIOUS views and the GOVERNMENT OF IRAN's views are significantly different. Why? Because Religious organizations do not make, nor enforce the laws of the land.

The country's government DO make laws and DO enforce them. This being the case, I'm surprised someone as intelligent as you would ever do anything but oppose the current regime in Iran.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Did FOX back Obama and the Democrats? Ermm...no.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

That was hilarious! There is nothing like an Iranian mouthpiece lecturing American citizens on the need for revolution. This, from a country (Iran) that murders homosexuals and denies women equal rights.

Which Iranian mouthpiece are you talking about? And why are you throwing barbs at Iran? Iran has nothing to do with this thread!

Are you talking about the guy in the video, Max Kaiser? If that's the case, then it's apparent you don't have a clue what you're talking about. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing my friend. And when you yap off with no knowledge whatsoever... the odds are that you're pretty much gonna make an arse of yourself in a hurry. Just a little friendly advice about that.

Max Kaiser appears regularly on BBC World News (that's in England, not Iran) and he writes for the Huffington Post (that's in the USA, not Iran). He graduated from NYU (that's New York University... and New York University is in the USA, not Iran) and he was a stock broker on Wall Street. Wall Street, in case you're not familiar, is in New York. That's not New York, Iran. It's New York, NY, USA.

So why are you going off about "some Iranian mouthpiece", which by the way, would have absolutely nothing to do with this thread in the first place? Could it be that you just don't like his message? Could it be that you know his message is quite accurate? Are you aware that a revolution is all but inevitable? I mean, just how far can the good American people be pushed by their own government before they push back?

For example... being fined for collecting rainwater off your own roof? Jesus, gimme a break! I don't think the American people are gonna take much more of this insanity from the puppets they call the federal government.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks

Which Iranian mouthpiece are you talking about? And why are you throwing barbs at Iran? Iran has nothing to do with this thread!

A

This video comes from Iranian State run television. If you consider that to be an objective, credible source then I'm not sure there is any hope of having an intelligent discourse with you, my friend.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

As they say in Gamer talk

pwnage

What can I say Alberta , you (informed ) him

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Seany]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

As they say in Gamer talk

pwnage

What can I say Alberta , you as^$%ed him

Yet another insightful post from one of this site's least informed poster.

I was referring to the State sponsored media outlet from which this video came. Anyone with an ounce of sense (and yes I know this excludes you) would know that this outlet will only allow guests who are willing to spout the state sponsored, state approved propaganda.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

My friend , you seem to push a certain view that has no merit

The message was the thread , yet , you attack the messenger

Then your attack B L O W S up in your face

Perhaps you may choose another venue to enlighten people in

You seem to be lacking in information on this topic

Good Day

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Perhaps you may choose another venue to enlighten people in

You seem to be lacking in information on this topic

Good Day

Which part of "Press TV is a state run propaganda arm of the Iranian govt," do you not understand?

I'm not sure how else to answer your typically nonsensical post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join