It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 7 mistaken for trespasser and shot!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by uncommon-sense

Thanks for the link. It looks as though this may have indeed happened after dark after all, which doesn't make the shooters look any better. This looks more and more like some kind of a thrill shooting. The shooters weren't complaining of someone tresspassing on their land they said someone was tearing up the levy so they shot them. Typical redneck river trash way of thinking. I just hope these people are never allowed to own a firearm again as long as they live.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kenton1234

I'm sure they will be convicted of a felony, with the gun involvement it is almost a certaintee. but even their conviction won't bring back the boy or undo the other injuries. I do feel it is important that the main news stories left out the part about it being dark and alot of the other facts. they even embellish a story as seemingly cut and dried as this. BTW I feel the four who were outside of the vehicle most likely did step into the property area to find cover to pee. after all you wouldn't go on the road, you step off a few feet. But they must have been near the truck that was also hit or else one shot hit the truck and 1 hit the people but I feel it was most likely a little of each shot that got them.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by uncommon-sense

I agree that the media is leaving out facts, perhaps even on purpose, to make the story sound worse. But in this case that is not necessary. It was dark outside. The truck is shot up pretty bad. It looks to me like maybe there was more than one gun used but I'm not an investigator in this case just an observer. This looks like it was nothing more than someone(shooters) out for a thrill and now a 7 year old lays dead in a morgue. And if they, the shooters, could see clearly see the people they were shooting at, please don't say that it's O.K. to shoot a little boy who happens to step on your land whether on purpose or accidentally to take a pee.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I know many of you will react negatively about what I am going to say, but,
the fact remains,
if there hadn't been a gun so readily available to these persons of apparently limited abilities,
that boy would still be alive today.

Some of you will say that more innocent lives are saved by guns than are taken, but I call B.S.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Totally agree 100% with what your saying there my friend. No argument from me what-so-ever. These are the kind of people that make it easy for me to realize that a re-think of the 2nd amendment is in order and long over due.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by alphabetaoneHowever, my background is one of assess before action.

In public "assessing" may be prudent to a reasonable extent. Breaking into my house? No. I do not live in an isolated country side, this is not a horror movie where the only house in sight is survival.

Real world is stuff happens, people die everyday. People also get tortured and raped and killed by home intruders. I have fetched my escaped dog from a neighbors backyard and realized I was taking a risk, I would NEVER break into someone's house without realizing it could mean being killed. That is common sense.

Sonja, what would you do if you walked inside a house you had been renting for a month, and found a strange man inside?

That happened to me once.
I came home from the supermarket, unlocked the front door, and found a grubby stranger in my kitchen talking intently on my phone.

As he was still on the phone when I'd finished putting the groceries away I made him a cup of tea.

Of course there are a few differences with the scenario you are imagining. It was daytime, he was not giving off danger vibes, and I could see he was not carrying a gun.

I was not too impressed to learn my landlord had given a plumber a key without telling me, but he was there, so I treated him as a friend.

In return, he made sure all the old pipes and taps were replaced and even fixed up the old copper, (I wonder how many people these days even know what a copper is,) as good as new.

Another time a smelly and dirty drunk burst into my house in the middle of the night. I found out where he had intended to go, (to my next door neighbour, who at the time was a decrepit prostitute with two teeth,) and half carried them there, agreeing to marry him.
- Anything to keep him calm, it was not like he'd remember the next day.

After that Lou, my neighbour, decided I was her best friend.

Perhaps if these things had happened to me in America instead of Australia, the results would have been different. I love shooting, and was quite a marksman shooting bunnies with my old, but well cared for, 22 rifle. But I'm very glad to live in a place without much of a gun culture.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miraj
This bothers me. It makes gun owners look really bad. Jumping at the first chance to shoot someone indicates something seriously wrong. I hope these people are put away for a long time.

The only reason I would ever shoot that quickly is if they were armed, and aiming towards me.

Such a typical gun-hoarder reply. Excuse me while I puke.

No concern that an innocent child has been killed, just worry about the effect the killing might have on your image or gun rights.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa

Originally posted by Miraj
This bothers me. It makes gun owners look really bad. Jumping at the first chance to shoot someone indicates something seriously wrong. I hope these people are put away for a long time.

The only reason I would ever shoot that quickly is if they were armed, and aiming towards me.

Such a typical gun-hoarder reply. Excuse me while I puke.

No concern that an innocent child has been killed, just worry about the effect the killing might have on your image or gun rights.

Naturally you are correct. Every gun owner in the US should just allow the actions of one fool be hung around their necks.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Logarock]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

Yes, there are larger issues at hand beyond that a 7 year old has died. It's just a matter of time untill the communists metaphorically drag the kids body through the streets while calling for more firearm laws.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Just great!

Anti-gunners arise and beat your pots and pans! Never mind the hundreds of folks that SAVE a life every day by being armed.

This couple were irresponsible. Crazy. Dangerous. Stupid. Ignorant.

You can't legislate against stupidity. So don't bother trying to penalize me for others stupidity.

Just like I won't penalize you for yours.

And if you run into a determined, well-armed felon with nothing to lose, high on drugs, and he just wants what you have, and to hell with you, then ask yourself in those last moments whether or not you'd even defend yourself and your family if you had the means in your hand.

I doubt it.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by dooper]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
IDK where this call for reducing the 2nd Amendment comes from. Something tells me if there was no 2nd Amendment these 2 loons would probably still be armed.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kailassa

I think the concern for the child has been prevalent and well voiced throughout this thread.

The reality of it is, that after that concern and shock and awe from the situation wanes, then the other ramifications the act has caused sets in.

One who has an open mind can see beyond a linear event and realize that other negative aspects arise from a single incident.

Unless, of course, you tend to believe you're the only one who gives a damn about what happened to this child, in which case you need to look with better eyes than that.

AB1

[edit on 10-5-2009 by alphabetaone]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican

Signs of a Meth Lab
• Chemical odours coming from a house, garage or detached building

Yup, I sometimes have chemical odors coming from my house. I'm an artist and deal with some stinky things sometimes.

• Windows are blacked out or curtains always closed

Almost always keep my blinds down and curtains closed. I'm a night owl, so I just don't really think to open them.

• Paranoid, odd or unfriendly behaviour by occupants

I like to blow bubbles outside in the middle of the night, talk to the stray cats that hang around, and set off smoke bombs. Do those count as odd behaviors?

• Excessive amounts of trash, particularly solvent and chemical containers

Failed art projects, leftover scraps of paper, empty containers of various mediums, disposable palettes and drop cloths can add up pretty quick.
And of course there are solvent and chemical containers.

• Extensive or unusual security measures or attempts to ensure privacy (no trespassing signs, high fences, guard dogs)

Ok, none of these. I do have a huge Irish Wolfhound, but she's definitely not guard material.

• Frequent night activity

I usually go to sleep around 5 or 6 in the morning..

Oh my god!!! I must have a meth lab!
lol

Anyway, back on topic.
I think you may be right about drugs being involved, and wouldn't be surprised at all if they were eventually charged with making/using meth.

Did you see the mug shots?

Those are some pretty grizzled looking folks. They look quite a bit older than 45, but, who knows...
Maybe they've just had hard lives.

-Cat =^.^=

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Wow, those photos say it all for me. I have some experience with meth from my youth and I can't say whether this couple was manufacturing or not,
but I definitely see the signs of meth use on their faces.
This drug is one of the most dangerous (up there with PCP) because with heavy use (and no sleep) the users can develop severe psychosis and
paranoia.

They should legalize marijuana and make the law even more strict on meth
manufacture...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
They will get off free of any charges and in my opinion rightly so, if the shooting happened on their property.

About 2 years ago a man killed 2 people who he thought were breaking into his neighbors house. They were on his neighbors property and when he confronted them they ran away and he shot them in the back.

He was found innocent.

www.kiiitv.com...

forthardknox.com...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
You gonna turn the lights on to see if they have a weapon?

Yes. Well, actually, I would want to see who it is first BEFORE shooting. I mean, what if it was your child sneaking back in after having sneaked out late one night? I'd rather be shot dead by a crook than to shoot dead someone I cared about. Of course, once I switched that light on and realized it wasn't anyone I cared about, I'd sure unload my clip into their skull. Thieves do not deserve to live, PERIOD!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
this is just crazy thay should be hung

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
Just great!

Anti-gunners . . . if you run into a determined, well-armed felon with nothing to lose, high on drugs, and he just wants what you have, and to hell with you, then ask yourself in those last moments whether or not you'd even defend yourself and your family if you had the means in your hand.

I doubt it.

It makes me laugh when people whose confidence lies in the fact that they have a gun accuse people who live without guns of cowardice.
It takes much more courage to protect yourself and your family without a gun than with one. And I've done that.

I have twice looked down the barrel of a gun pointed threateningly at me. Both times I looked in the guy's eyes and dared him to shoot. (I believe showing fear makes attackers more aggressive.) As once was a visitor in my own lounge room and once was in a teenage friend's bedroom, no amount of gun ownership would have meant having a loaded gun in my hand to shoot back with.

When 3 men began forcing kisses on a young person close to me on a train, I threw them all off the train, single-handedly. And I mean physically throwing them off a moving train into a ravine full of blackberries. Instead of a gun I used trickery, kicking one where it hurt and daring him to throw me off so they would force the doors open, and then fighting them in the doorway, throwing them out one by one.

I've stood in between a disgruntled man who had just been thrown out of Australia's SAS, and a group of teenagers who thought they were tough and who had stirred him up till he pulled his gun and seemed about till kill the idiots. I preferred to risk my life defusing the situation than to see harm come to any of them.

Another night I got on a train to find everyone squashed up one end apart from a man in the middle screaming threats to kill everyone and waving a mallet over his head. I sat opposite him and pulled a book out. When he grabbed it off me and said he was about to kill me I explained I'd nearly finished it, and asked if I could read the last few pages first. After finishing it, I asked him to tell me why he was going to kill me. By the time we reached the city he had put his hammer away and was crying on my shoulder.

Yet another time I looked like being attacked by six men armed with knives. I said goodbye to life, and worked out how to get a knife from the slowest looking one to use on the rest, hoping to at least take some with me. Seeing my stance, they backed down.

Now you can call these accounts courage, or you can call them idiocy. But you sure can't call them cowardice.

I will fight when need be, but I value all lives, not just mine and my own circle's. So I am not afraid to risk my own life to keep things from getting out of hand. And not relying on guns has lead to developing the art of diplomacy, and being able to find non violent ways to resolve most disputes.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Rest assured, these 2 will do hard time for this.

Even with the castle law, which I fully support, they won't get off. That law doesn't just let you shoot blindly into the night, indoors maybe but not outdoors unless threatened. They obviously weren't being threatened, and made no attempt to identify the victims... They'll do hard time for this, take my word for it, maybe even executed.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Anyone who's ever taken a gun course or hunted knows you have to identify your target before squeezing the trigger. Clearly this did not happen here and clearly they should at the very least get 10 years for manslaughter.

A similar thing happened last year in my area where a 12 year old bear hunter shot and killed a female hiker because he did not identify his target before firing. It was daylight but foggy and she was wearing a red jacket.

Clearly by looking at the booking photo's I'd have to say these human beings are almost as ugly as their actions that night.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join