It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

im depressed ):

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
i dont know why i feel so #ty i just got a new job after months of unemployment.
its a security guard job,12 hours day,then 12 hours night then 2 days off.
its good,we have a nice room,were 2 people.we can even sleep or use laptops to pass time, my coworker is a swell guy so i guess its nothing to be depressed about.
but im nightworking today(second day) and i dont know..i feel really sad ):

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I'm very sorry, and i understand. Trust me.

Can you bring a deck of cards to work and play with your partner?
Try to think of something that you like to do that could help you.

BTW, congratulations on a new job!

Hope you feel better soon.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

I don't know if you have ever worked Night Shift before, but this is very common...

Especially if you have some mild depression anyway, but even if you don't; it is not unusual for your mind to be depressed as your body adapts to the new schedule..

I have worked shift work most of my life and here are some things that help me..

1. Get outside as much as possible and into the sun when you are not working.. Light Therapy works wonders..

2. Eat good, light, nutritious meals... And eat them as you would if working days.. ie.. When you get off in the mornings, eat a breakfast and dinner at 6pm etc..

3. If possible walk some while you are at work.

4. Get on and maintain a workout schedule. The Endorphins are true miracle workers..

Hope it works out for you

Semper

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
thanks guis your so awesome ^_^ i workout some times
im just very emo some times,i want like...the coworker to be cool,and hes cool,and even if stop liking him,we have different schedule every months so different coworker.
i have worked before nightshift..its kinda tiresome i know
i guess i should buy some cheap asus laptop for 280$ for night shift.
im also having a nameday tomorow.like everybody named kiril have a celebration. if there was a way to make a online party (:

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You look like my friend mitchell. Anyway, monopoly usually passes time pretty fast. Multiplayer games, deck of cards, uno, national geographic magazines.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Don't be too down on yourself, working in the
night has lots of advantages. You have the day
to yourself, and when there's good weather... you'll
be the envy of your friends.

Also, like others have said, you have a opportunity to
better yourself with possible courses via the internet
or sign up at your local College and 'swat up' during
your time in the night.

You never know... tonight may be the night and someone
may break in and you and your new-found friend can show
this criminal the error of his ways!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It's pretty hard to adjust to going back to work after taking a long break from it.
I'm not working at the mo and if you were anything like me your whole routine changes when you're unemployed.
You can keep late hours and not have to worry about getting up early and stuff.
So gettin back into the groove is a bit of a trauma in itself.
Maybe you'll feel much better in a few weeks time and your job sounds quite cool, maybe even the potential for fun even??
Hope you feel happier soon.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
i think i need pills to chill out ): im awfully emo
its like im just "i hate my coworker i cant stand it" and for not big reasons at all.
we were chatting the other day,i didnt hear what he sayd,and he sayd "are you deaf O_O?" normaly people dont get upset but i taked it as an insult,by the tone -_-
im depressed and just want him to get fired fast so i get stuck with somebody else.if he dosnt get fired as the boss say soon,ill just ask the boss to get me in another coworkers,days.or if im so emo ill just quit after this month and find a new job in some store when i will be alone and workig just 8 hours a day.
the worst thing is when im home my mothers driving me insane,so i started yelled and got even more depressed.
pls guis some kind words will be apretiated (:
i guess ill just do as i sayd,wait for him to get fired,or get in another coworker,or work to the end of the month and find another job.
after all i my slef found this job so no big deal finding another job..i must be happy after all (:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Oh sweetie you're really goin through it at the mo--home life sucks and I get the vibe that this job ain't really what you want.
I suppose a new co-worker might help?
I think you've reached a sort of crossroads where you need to do some soul-searchin and give deep thought to what would make you really happy in life.
I know it's not easy cos I'm down a lot at the mo as well so I know what it feels like. My life is a complete mess.
Just try and be positive---try and find some direction and remember you're not alone.
You can u2u me anytime babe if you need to talk.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Just checking on you.

Are you still depressed?

I know many will tell you that antidepressants are not good for you.

They have sure helped me since I began taking then in 1994. I've tried several but I always go back to Prozac. It works best for me.

If you don't get better soon please see a doctor.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Cheer up, friend. Think how fortunate you are to have a job in this economy. Millions of Americans, as well as others around the world, are teetering on the edge of the abyss.

You don't seem to be horribly disfigured in any way, so hey that's a plus for you.

I wish everybody could be happy all of the time.

[edit on 15-5-2009 by Monger]

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
yea i guess im fine,plus the work is really really LAZY and EASY,i guess if i dont like it so much,ill work one month so i can get the salary and find another

top topics

join