It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama said "And on the 73rd day I will rest."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
So what's that little phrase all about? link

I'm not usually one to assign suspicion to throw away sound bites but this one just sounded odd to me.

The numbers are (if I'm correct):

Inauguration, January 20th
+ 100 days = April 29th
so the 172nd day would be 10th July and he will rest on the 11th July (11/07/09 or in US format 07/11/09)

Does anythink he's just playing with the heads of people on sites like ATS or what? I mean 7,9,11?? And what with airforce one doing the new york fly by on (or around) the 100th day - actually 2 days before.

Thoughts

edit - daft mistake with date

[edit on 10/5/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
*bump

So no thoughts on this? - I think it was also in the same appearance where he made a good joke about him and Hillary being such good friends now - he said 'when she got back from Mexico she gave him a big hug and kiss and told him he has to go down there' - well I thought is was funny.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I can't really guess what President Obama meant by that remark. I think it was basically a high society party, so I suppose he was being somewhat informal with the crowd.

The remark stuck in my craw when I heard it this morning..... I thought at first that it was a reference to God in Genesis...... but then I realized it didn't much matter to me; President Obama has his own style that is inviting and hopeful to many people, and there are bigger global worries.... lots of them.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Calm down dude.

It was during the White House correspondents dinner.

It was the same event where GWB joked about not finding WMD. Pure political satire.

Give your calculator a rest.

On Topic:
In answer to your query. I DO NOT think he is playing with anyone's head.

IMO, the date and conspiracy connection is a stretch.

Regards...KK

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Nope, don't think he's messing with anyone's head that isn't looking to be messed with.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

I think you missed the obvious connect with "72 virgins". I caught it immediately. Very subtle poke at the extremists.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

I think you missed the obvious connect with "72 virgins". I caught it immediately. Very subtle poke at the extremists.

Dammit!!! That was pretty subtle.

I guess I should watch the whole thing to get it in context - it was just the first thing I saw on the telly this morning when I checked the news channels - and the calculator in windows 7 has a function to add dates together, so I got carried away

Hey it was Saturday night last night y'know...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Can't say what his specific intent was with it but "my" read on it was that he was poking fun at right wing types who claim that he is the Anti-Christ or who think that Dems think he's the "messiah". As for doing any kind of math with it........ :: Eye roll::

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The thing about roasts is that you can say something truthful or offensive and the media will blow it off as a joke. Unless..........you are GWB and make fun about trying to find WMD's.

I didn't get the gist of the whole 72 day thing. But I believe that Obama was joking that he got everything he needed to do in 100 days done in only 72. Then took a jab at his followers who believe he is the Messiah, and added that he rested on the 73rd day.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I watched it again this morning, several times....... and I have to tuck my misplaced angst away...... President Obama was actually very funny IMO, as were others who spoke there.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
The thing about roasts is that you can say something truthful or offensive and the media will blow it off as a joke. Unless..........you are GWB and make fun about trying to find WMD's.

I didn't get the gist of the whole 72 day thing. But I believe that Obama was joking that he got everything he needed to do in 100 days done in only 72. Then took a jab at his followers who believe he is the Messiah, and added that he rested on the 73rd day.

Now see? I read this a lot on ATS and truly wonder where you guys keep getting that. I read the news every day on at least 5 different websites, followed the campaign and election closely, but I've yet to see any Democrat call or consider Obama the "Messiah". Are we happy to have a Dem in office after 8 years of Bush? Well of course! But by the same token, I would have been almost as happy with McCain. I on't buy this "Messiah" thing at all.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Dunno. Seems to fit right into the ratio whereby Solon in ancient greece reduced the ratio of silver in the talent and reconfiguring a continued trust in a private bank. Seems to happen when a people realize they can issue interest free money without private banking cabals. Let us pray he follows in the path of Lincoln and FDR in this respect.
It could be a golden age.
Dictionary of Greek and Roman Antiquities
7. The Old Attic Talent, and the Solonian Talent.—We have already noticed, under Nummus (p. 812, b.), Plutarch's account of the reduction effected by Solon in the Attic system of weights and money, according to which the old weights were to the new in the proportion of 100 : 73. An important additional light is thrown on this matter by an extant Athenian inscription, from which we obtain a more exact statement of the ratio than in Plutarch's account, and from which we also learn that the old system continued in use, long after the Solonian reduction, for all commodities, except such as were required by law to be weighed according to the other standard, which was also the one always used for money, and is therefore called the silver standard, the old system being called the commercial standard, and its mina the commercial mina (ti fiya y ifaropiicit). The inscription, which is a decree of uncertain date (about 01.155, B. c. 160, according to Bockh, C.I. No. 123, § 4, vol. i. p. 164), mentions the commercial mina as weighing "138 drachmae 2rf(J>an;(f>ifpoi>, according to the standard weights in the mint " | \m;\ Rocopeion], that is, of course, 138 drachmae of the silver, or Solonian, standard. This would give the ratio of the old to the new Attic weights as 138 : 100, or 100 : 72£f, certainly a very curious proportion. It appears, however, on closer research, that this ratio is still not quite exact. It often happens that, in some obscure passage of a grammarian, we find a statement involving minute details, so curious and so inexplicable, till the clue is found, that the few scholars who notice the passage reject it as unintelligible, without considering that those strange minutiae are the best evidence that the statement is no invention; and that the grammarian, who copied the statement, without troubling himself to understand it, has preserved a fact, which more systematic writers have lost or perverted. Such passages are grains of pure gold amidst the mud which forms the bulk of the deposit brought down to us by those writers. A striking instance is now before us, in a passage of Priscian (de Re Namm.) in which, following a certain Dardanus, he says: " Talentum Atheniense parvum minae sexaginta, magnum minae octingenta tres et unciae quattuor." Taking the last words to be the Roman mode of expressing '\',',\, and assuming, what is obvious, that the minae meant in the two clauses are of the same standard, namely, the common Attic or Solonian (for, as a general rule, this standard is to be understood, where no other is specified), and understanding by the great Attic talent that of the commercial standard, and by the small, the niter, or Solonian, we obtain this result, — that the ratio of the old A ttic or commercial talent to tlte new Attic or Solonian, was as 83£ : 60, or as 138|: 100, or as 100 : 72. For the masterly argument by which Bockh sustains the truth of this statement, we must refer to his own work (c. viii.). It is easy to understand how, in process of time, the fraction came to be neglected, so that, in the decree quoted, the commercial mina of 100 commercial drachmae was spoken of as containing 138 silver drachmae instead of I.'!!;;;, and how, further, when Plutarch came to calculate how many drachmae of the old scale were contained in the Solonian mina, he gave an integral number 73, instead of 72M, and thus, by these two rejections of fractions, the true ratio of 100 : 72 w

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Heyy

I've been told that 9 is the number of contact.
As in with ETs.

so 9+11+7 = 27
And
2+7 = 9.

So whos up for major public contact on the 11th july?

I certainly am.

Love&Light.

Jacob

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
To add on top of the 100th day I feel is forming ones own conclusion. I feel either 73 is a special number to him or a group he is in, or there is a plan for the 73rd day after (some event) that he plans on resting.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I actually have some clue to what he may be referring to, sometimes when presidents speak there is nothing to their small catch phrases, the last time there was something profound IMHO was when the 1st Bush on September 11th 1991, made a comment about the new world order, then fast forward 10 years.

I found that if you look at what Obama said it is definitely something that is a code, the great seal has 72 stones or bricks, not including the date, if we interpret what he said he will put in exactly 72 days or work then after he is finished, he will rest, meaning his work for that level is complete, or he is resting because there is much more work ahead, what it means beyond that who knows but sometimes you must look at coincidence vs. purpose when such statements are made.

The number 72 is found all throughout history as a significant number.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacobNH
Heyy

I've been told that 9 is the number of contact.
As in with ETs.

so 9+11+7 = 27
And
2+7 = 9.

So whos up for major public contact on the 11th july?

I certainly am.

Love&Light.

Jacob

Odd he chose that number

Deluded preacher eternal seekers, quiet fanatics living according the dictated or opinions of others and act as if their own opinions are sacred

Others who don't trust themselves follow and admire such individuals

lonely cut off from the world and from true inspiration in their lives nines trust their mind over their heart

they fear and eventually attract betrayal by others, by even their own body,

should be interesring to watch.
Of course there is the two and the seven energy, but enough

[edit on 103131p://bSunday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is odd i did some of Obama numerology it is full of twos and sevens and nines so far.

and he chooses the 72, interesting.

His soul print is the number nine,

Urge to serve the world.

hmmmmmm

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

I really don't think he's smart enough with numbers to have done this intentionally.

Right now I think he's soaked us for about $4,000,000,000, and he's not even warmed up yet.

Those millions of jobs he was going to create? Well, he's now millions in the whole, so again, I don't think he knows much about numbers.

Those numbers? Not his fault. It's a conservative thing.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
oh wait and then the seventy third day he will rest,

ew

7+3= 10

new cycle, ten being the end.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I can only hope the 73rd day will be the end.

Can't stand a whole lot more of this crap.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join