It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discuss Your Symptoms & Illness Progress Here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenixs1

You havent had any tick bites have you?

The low temp is spooky. I have seen 95.5 temps with Riketsia that shared some of your symptoms. If you have had any tick bites or have consumed herring recently I would get checked. You may need a round of Doxycycline.

Also Meningitis fits your symptoms, but you would be dead by now.

If it is Swine, then it sounds like one mean bug. It is very sad that the efforts to mitigate the spread of this virus have hit road blocks. In my state schools will not close even if confirmed cases are reported.

Its horrible to think of those kids who have immune deficiencies or other problems which make them really vulnerable. I was really hopeing to hear stories which described normal flu, but yours sounds pretty severe.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mamana

mamana your symptoms sound more like "hand foot and mouth disease". You should google it.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

Re the low temp, it's interesting that the NY Times had an article today that 1 in 3 swine flu victims they tested had no fever. I'm guessing the numbers are even higher, and that people without a fever are less likely to get tested.

From the NY Times...

Many people suffering from swine influenza, even those who are severely ill, do not have fever, an odd feature of the new virus that could increase the difficulty of controlling the epidemic, said a leading American infectious-disease expert who examined cases in Mexico last week.
www.nytimes.com...

I'm not in a tick area, but I have had them before...quite nasty, but nothing like what I went through with this flu.

ETA...I've been vegetarian for years and don't eat fish, so not herring! I'm 95+% sure it was swine flu, particularly because of the tummy issues it caused me.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by phoenixs1]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hope everyone is feeling well today?

I'm a little nervous today...after feeling pretty good the last 2 days and thinking it was behind me, I've become more asthmaey again today, tired again, and my body temp is below normal. If my temp keeps going down again, I'm going to really push to try to get them to test me. Fingers crossed it goes back up and it's just some hayfever playing with me.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Hope everyone is feeling well today?

I'm a little nervous today...after feeling pretty good the last 2 days and thinking it was behind me, I've become more asthmaey again today, tired again, and my body temp is below normal. If my temp keeps going down again, I'm going to really push to try to get them to test me. Fingers crossed it goes back up and it's just some hayfever playing with me.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixs1

Re the low temp, it's interesting that the NY Times had an article today that 1 in 3 swine flu victims they tested had no fever. I'm guessing the numbers are even higher, and that people without a fever are less likely to get tested.

From the NY Times...

Many people suffering from swine influenza, even those who are severely ill, do not have fever, an odd feature of the new virus that could increase the difficulty of controlling the epidemic, said a leading American infectious-disease expert who examined cases in Mexico last week.
www.nytimes.com...

I'm not in a tick area, but I have had them before...quite nasty, but nothing like what I went through with this flu.

ETA...I've been vegetarian for years and don't eat fish, so not herring! I'm 95+% sure it was swine flu, particularly because of the tummy issues it caused me.

[edit on 13-5-2009 by phoenixs1]

I was one of the people who posted re: the low temp. Mine was 92 degrees F. Now it hovers between 94 and 96. The highest I've gotten it up to is 97.5 so far.

I wondered if this might simply be my old sinusitus acting up, but my wife (who has a fast metabolism anyway) got it from met and her temp was 92 this morning also.

We've been doing everything we can to get over this. We feel pretty dizzy and it's hard to concentrate. That's why I have not been online about this (though I keep checking the analysis thread to see where the numbers are going).

I started an antibiotic last night to see if that will help. I only threw up and had the runs that one day. Since then I only feel ill and dizzy.

It does dawn on me that whatever this is it is very contagious and would really come in handy in controlling a large population. Imagine if so many were sick and couldn't protest some new move with the banks? It would surely make things go smoother to have half the population hiding at home for their own safety while the other half is quarantined for everyone's safety.

Just a thought.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Donkey- neve thought of ticks with the low temps- didn't make the connection. It would make sense, as subdivisions ans strip malls are infringeing on their environment....
Thank you- will monitor things to ascertain whether blood work and the doxy class are indicated. Many thanks for the catch!

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
OK, FOLKS- this is getting interesting.

Let's each poll our friends who have been sick- families, etc., and find out what body temps they've had. This might be a breakthrough from simple observation. I might call Atlanta and let them know about my health (and mention I know people who've had lower temps, without adding anymore data than that)- and see if I can get any answers.

That it was in the NYT is great, as there are many readers of the paper- but as a scientist, I'm a bit fired up about this grouping of symptoms.

Pheonix- take CARE- if you don't get better, DEMAND a swab and don't take no for an aswer. Your body and life are sacred.

Thanks, everyone. I'll let you know if I find anything out.

Be well, and peace,

C

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I might have been the only one, but... Going into SHOCK a couple times an hour, when the illness was bad? I haven't yet heard of anyone else going into shock, with the flu.

I must admit, didn't know what it was til in ER and watching blood/Oxygen levels drop dramatically, when the cold/painfully freezing feeling came on. Just, whoa. Amazing.

Anyway, I have no idea what it was. I went into ER April 16th, diagnosed with infection... 10 day subscriptions of Ciprofloxacin, an anti-noxious stuff, and painkiller had it feeling better within 2 days. Infection came back 8 days into treatment...

I imagine there are several things going around right now.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Shock is not surprising, though obviously terrifying for you. Shock happens when body temp drops and/or when the body is under attack from injury or illness. I do hope you're better..... this makes 7 or 8 of us now with flu and low body temps- it's an anomaly I want to learn more about.\

Going to hun through news and see if I can find anything about it.

be well and take care xoxox

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CultureD

Blood/oxygen level.... Wonder why that. Bad circulation causes low temp and shock....

Hope everyone is well. There are ATS members that keep updating everything that comes up.

Just hoping I am delusional about whatever is going on... And in reality, it is nothing.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I've had a very bad sore throat and severe nasal congestion the last 2 days. I also feel REALLY cold.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
JCM, Whatthehell, and Lostnemesis,

I hope you are all feeling better?? I've been feeling much better the last couple of days and believe it is behind me now. I still wish I could be tested, as I'd really like to be able to confirm I had it, so I don't have to worry about geting it at the moment! I feel 95% sure, but wish it was 100%.

JCN...have you taken your temp? I was cold for days....had the heat in house at about 90 throughout and was still cold. I found I started to feel better when I warmed up and set the heat really high and got under heavy blankets to help raise it. Mine was low for at least 5 days.

I find the low temp stuff very interesting, though a bit frightening....if we are getting that many reports of it here, there must be many others experiencing the same thing. I'm glad the Dr. who went to Mexico reported his findings (1 in 3 at the hospital had no temp), but it concerns me that the word isn't getting out there to the public, as most sites still say fever is a symptom, and when at least 1 in 3 aren't getting a fever, they ought to revise that. When I say at least 1 in 3, I am guessing, that many people who aren't running fevers, and have low body temps, probably don't think they have it, and I bet most of their docs don't even know about the 1 in 3, and they have probably not presented to doctors as much as those with fever, and many were probably more or less ignored and not tested if they didn't have a fever.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Just checking in here- how is everyone doing?

We are flu-free in Chicago, despite t raging around us, and I think it's due to good diet, hygeine, avoiding crowds, and Slippery Elm, green tea, CoQ10, Vit A, C, E, D, etc.

I have regular doc visits for my spine, and have surely been exposed along the way, yet haven't taken ill again.

Did we get it early and now posses antibodies? Are we lucky?

I hope all here are feeling better- have been thinking of you and wishing you well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join