It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discuss Your Symptoms & Illness Progress Here

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I'm starting this thread so that there's a place for people to talk about their symptoms and the symptoms of loved ones and friends etc as the other threads are getting interspersed with alot of such posts when they are supposed to be discussing other issues...so could you post stories of your symptoms & discuss the progress of your illness in this thread guys, thanks

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Thank you, Cosmic.

As a newbie, and getting used to the forum, I recognize it's easy to get off topic!!!

This is a great thread- because some people are going to get sick, and as this seems like a wonderful forum, I know we'll benefit greatly from each other's expereinces, without diluting the content of a thread, or reverting to self-indulgence or seeking others who feel the same way (guilty as charged)

Well done.

Peace and wellness to you and all,

C

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Thanks for starting this thread. There is so little info out there about what people are experiencing with this illness.

To start with, I am not a confirmed case...they stopped testing here by the time my symptoms started....I followed the local advice, called the health line number they gave us, and they told me I was in the "yellow zone" in terms of symptoms and to self-isolate for 7 days. I believe it was/is the swine flu because of the symptoms, and because I already had 2 flus this year, one in October, and a long one in February.

Mine started on the 2nd of May and went like this....

Saturday - woke feeling good, other than what felt like a minor cold - about an hour later, my back started to ache and my stomach went crazy with excruciating pain. It lasted a few hours, then started to settle into stomach spasms...I took my temp, it was low, so I figured I didn't have the flu and went about my day.

Sunday - still bad stomach - fatigue - throat and ears starting to get sore - temp at 95.9

Monday - bad stomach - fatigue - throat and ears getting worse

Tuesday - body and leg pains started - leg pains worst I've ever had - stomach so bad i can barely walk - start to think I may have the flu and call Health Line. Tuck into bed with videos, turned up the heat to try to bring temp up.

Wednesday - glands starting to hurt - tummy excruciating - leg pains very bad - whole body very sore

Thursday - still very bad with throat and ears getting worse - temperature going back towards normal

Friday - starting to feel better, but when I tried to walk around the house for even 5 minutes, my legs felt like jello.

Saturday - temp back to normal, head and neck feels like I got hit with a baseball bat in all my glands. Neck, shoulders & upper back very sore. Legs still like jelly and easily tired.

Sunday - feeling a fair bit better - throat and ears improving, though not all better, stomach gurgling just a bit, glands still painful.

This morning, feeling ok but a little scared it may come back for round 2!

BTW, this is the first time I've ever had an ear infection, and the first time I've gotten an infected throat in over 20 years. Also, my congestion never got worse than the equivalent of a mild cold, but when I spoke with the health line, they said that had not been uncommon.

Would I describe it as a mild illness? Nope. I fear many people will have a hard time with this flu, and hate that the governments seem to be downplaying it and leading people to believe it is just like a seasonal flu. I hope it turns out that way, but I wish they'd take the "better safe than sorry" approach as opposed to the "it's just the flu" approach, at least until we know more.

ETA....I should have mentioned I've had a cough throughout it.
[edit on 11-5-2009 by phoenixs1]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
First let me say that I have not been to the doctor and hopefully will not need to go since we do not have insurance. So this is not a confirmed case but still thought I would share since we do have a confirmed case in my county. Also something funky is going on with the numbers for SC first we had confirmed cases related to a school trip to Mexico in another county. South Carolina on the SCDHEC site went from 14 to 24 to 29 with 24 associated with the Newberry school trip. But CDC now says 32 confirmed but at one point CDC said 42 confirmed cases for SC. Anyway don't know what is up with that. Here is what is going on with me.

Last Monday my sister, who had been around my aunt who went to Mexico for plastic surgery, was sick. Well I guess she thought she just had her normal seasonal allergies so she came out to visit me on Tuesday. My sister is still sick but on antibiotics now.

My symptoms started on Thursday.

Thursday evening started with a sore throat. Hurt so bad overnight I could not sleep. Felt feverish.

Friday - continued sore throat with fever around 99.2. Started taking echinacea and Vit. C Started with body aches. Severe nasal congestion Friday night which sent me to the pharmacy for some relief. Since I have never taken over the counter remedies I just stood there for the longest time trying to figure out what I should get. Finally just bought some Airborne all natural remedies and some kind of shower tabs with vapor action. Took ibuprophen and tossed and turned all night just trying to clear nasal pasages to breath.

Saturday - Felt achey and yucky. Sneezing alot. Continued fever despite husband convincing me to go with him and kids to the park. Trust me I sat and laid down on a bench in the soccer field away from everyone (the field was empty except for my kids - everyone else on the play ground) and just tried to get sunshine and breath better. Felt exhausted when I got home. Continued with Airborne, Vit C, Echinacea, and ibuprophen

Sunday - Stayed home from church which I rarely do especially being Mother's day. Slept fitfully. Started with a cough, continued sneezing, fever and body aches. Exhausting just to walk downstairs to get water.

Today - Monday took the kids to school despite feeling horrible and exhausted. Basically just trying to rest today. Continuing with vit C echinacea, airborne etc. Hubby started with sore throat yesterday. All the kids are well so far.

Hopefully this will run it's course without any complications. I am normally a pretty healthy person despite a few bugs that hit me hard in the last couple of years. Have probably taken less antibiotics in my whole life (42 yrs) than most people take in a season or two. Just always try to let my body and own immunity do its thing if I possibly can. But I may be inclined to take some that I have left over from one of this kids from Feb when they changed it to something else. I checked the dosage and it is the same as something I had in the past. I had posted on the other thread that this had been a pretty rough season for us (family of 8) starting back last Sept and that we had possibly already had this. We are usually a pretty healthy lot.

Will try to keep posting hopefully as this resolves. Even my hands hurt today. Since I am really opposed to taking Tamiflu or any other anti viral I probably won't go to the doctor unless this lingers or I have any other complications. Hope everyone else gets well soon and we all have a healthy summer. This is definitely not flu season in the south. So this is unusual. Hope this does not sound too rambling. I am feverish.

Until Later,
Millionaire Mommy

PS On a comical note remind everyone who is feverish not to watch the history channel before going to sleep. I watched something on CERN and the Catholic church on particle physics and went to sleep and dreamed I invented some new childs toy to teach about the connectivity of everything.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this thread.

My symptoms started a couple of weeks before I ever heard of swine flu which leads me to believe that this was around in the UK before we heard about it.

I have had flu before but this was different. It started with a sore throat, cough and migraine then lots of pressure building up in my ears and nose. My glands were swollen and I couldn't swallow. I was very dehydrated too. I was getting nosebleeds and other bleeding from it and was vomiting. I don't know my temperature because I didn't check it but I know I had a fever.
At its worst point I was lying on the sofa unable to move... I was drooling and couldn't move to close my mouth to stop it. I was in absolute agony and all of my joints hurt. When I got up to walk I had no strength in my legs and felt very lightheaded. My vision was also slightly blurred.

I'm now a few weeks down the line and although I got better I have started to get worse again. The headaches have come back as has the bleeding. My tongue looks strange... the taste buds are inflamed and the inside of my mouth is inflamed. I have pains in my abdomen. I am lightheaded and I have the pressure in my head again. I have a fever that comes and goes and it feels as if my face is burning which is different to last time.

I have been diagnosed with 'some sort of respiratory virus' and prescribed Amoxicillin.

There are no confirmed cases of swine flu where I live however a colleague of mine recently told me that her husband works in a facility that has been working on the h1n1 vaccine for the last year and so if it is what I have had then I am pretty sure I know where I got it from!

Many others including my neighbours and a large number of kids from my childrens school were ill with the same thing at the same time. I took my kids to the doctor when they got sick with this right after me and the doctor told me he'd never seen anything like it before. They were prescribed Amoxicillin. They are starting to get headaches and abdominal pains again now too.

Hopefully we have had / still have just a nasty version of the seasonal flu but I don't think so.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
You guys are so pathetic and are the perfect example of whats wrong with this world.

Yes, quite, how dare we get ill and discuss it. Clearly we are the ones in the wrong here and are 'what's wrong with this world'... because what's wrong with this world is of course not the moron who comes along with a one liner making a sweeping statement about people who he knows nothing about... no... because that's not pathetic.

My apologies your royal highness. We bow down to your self appointed superiority... you are clearly better than us.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by mamana]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mamana

I am sorry to hear you are unwell again. Given you have no confirmed cases in your area, maybe they'd test you if you asked??

I also had blurred vision...that's never ever happened to me before. And I wasn't taking any meds.

I sure hope you are feeling better soon.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If there's something wrong with you, then you should really see a doctor for peace of mind. Then again, if they are anything like my doctors, then you're probably wasting you're time.

Ive been to the doctors 3 times and I've been told that I'm probably suffering from irritable bowel syndrome. Personally I think this is absolutely nonsense.

My symptoms: Most of the time I feel weak and shaky and suffer from muscle spasms & twitching all over. I've never felt so bad as I do now and most of the time I feel like I'm about to drop dead. These days, I just don't seem to have any energy. Sometimes I wake up from sleep feeling like I'm having a heart attack, as I get a sharp pain down the left side of my chest. I also suffer a lot from pins and needles, as there's been many a time when my arms and legs are completely dead.

I personally think that I have parasites or worms, as I do have a bad stomach and I can clearly see what appears to be small parasites swarming around in my eyes. They are not floaters, as I have those as well. They are mainly tear drop shape with a tail. Unfortunately I've had numerous blood tests done, for cancer, and parasites and both came back negative. I've also been to the optician, who said my eyes were perfect and he couldn't see any parasites.

I've told the doctors all the symptoms I've mentioned above and was told my blood pressure is slighly higher than it should be, but nothing to worry about and I was told it's probably just irritable bowel syndrome (cop out). Basically my health still sucks and the doctors are about as much use as a chocolate fire guard, but what's new.

I'm very frustrated by the state of my health and the doctors aren't much help, so all I've been doing is taking lots of garlic & ginger and basically eating healthy and exercising on my bike when I'm up to it. What more can I do.
I also take Vitamin C, & Cod Liver Oil supplements. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenixs1

P- I had blurred vision , as well, with my illness in March. This has been circulating for months- and again- I'm noticing many people with LOWER body temps, rather than higher. Fevers kill bugs- it's our body's natural defense- and yet many of us have had lower temps- could these strains use a lower body temp to avoid being killed off? Might be a sign of a different kind of "virulence' factor of the bugs. Thoughts?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by kindred

Kindred- Slippery Elm can work against flu- you can order it online or buy it at vitamin or health food shops. Google it and you'll see how fab it is. Has been used for centuries by Native Americans, Europeans, many who have had to fight typhus, flu, smallpox- viruses and bacteria. It's available in capsules, tea and lozenges.

I'm not a doc, just a biochemist- but I'm taking it daily to avoid an infection- I was sick most of March before I learned of it- and I don't want it again!

I hope and pray you all get well, and thank you for sharing your symptoms- between us all we might be able to correlate a lot of info- at least to protect ourselves and loved ones .

Peace and wellness.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CultureD

The low body temp has me absolutely puzzled...mine was really low and stayed that way for days, and while it was happening my ears & throat got more and more infected. I only seemed to start to improve after I brought it back up, but that may have been coincidence as it came back up about day 5, and maybe the virus was just running it's course.

I noticed the CDC said 90% of the confirmed cases were running a fever...I wonder how many of the other 10% had drops and how many had normal temps?

I'm feeling so much better today, temp completely normal and am getting my strength back, but I'm still a bit chesty and my throats still sore and I'm still concerned that it is not over for me yet.

I'm only over here visiting and have to go home in a month and wanted to take trips to NYC, LA, New Orleans & Vegas before I go back, but now I'm wondering if I should be taking it easy to ensure I recover, or whether I'm safe to go off and live my life again. Ideas anyone?

ETA...it's occurred to me that the 90% figure may be misleading as it may be that more people with fevers were tested than those without fever.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I posted this on the link "Have returned from the clinic" and thought it would be more appropriate here:

Phoebe and Phoenix-
Glad you're "out of the woods" so to speak. A secondary infection is VERY common after flu, and can be viral or bacterial. Try not to panic, boost your immune system as much as you can, and try to rest.

Also- if you two have had the same thing we all had here in the Midwest US in Feb/March- it can go from 2 weeks to 6 weeks- I have friends who were sick for literally both Feb and March. I had it badly for 2 weeks, and weakly for the third. It still took me another 2 weeks or so to get some strength back up.

I had my second spinal surgery in the autumn of '08, and I can attest to the severity of the aches- thank God for opioids (at least in my case).
I agree with most here, that we have all had- or have- some variety of one of the two strains that are circulating. I've also noticed some of my friends around the country (from emails, Facebook, etc.), are getting ill again. My only conclusion is that we might have had H3N2 and now we'regetting H1N1, or vice versa- if it were the same strain, we'd have antibodies after having been sick once this winter/spring.

Keep track of your own symptoms, your friends and families, and let's all use the new thread to correlate them. Maybe (as I said earlier) we can help each other through support, but also scientifically- if many of us present with similar symptoms simultaneously, that seem anamolous to seasonal flu, we could submit some info as a group, perhaps (albeit, anonymously if necessary) to CDC, local health departments, etc., and lend something to the process of protecting others.

Be well and let's look after each other

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenixs1

Phoenix,

I'm so sorry you've been through such an ordeal. I understand your wanderlust (it's the Hungarian gypsy blood in me- all I want to do is travel....) but there are two things to keep in mind:
1) As you've been so ill, and as travel puts you in planes with recirculated air, hotels, restaurant food, etc., you can't control your environment to remain well. I say this from personal experience- for the last 6 years or so, after leaving the lab- I went into business and lived out of suitcases. I was sick ALL the time.
2) If you have had influenza- either seasonal or a new strain- you are most likely still contagious, and to do all of the above would be to spread it to everyone with whom you come into contact. As difficult as it is, you will do yourself and others a favour by resting for at least 7 days before travelling anywhere. Even then I would recommend several masks, rated for micron particles (go to a hospital of clinic- they give them away) on the airplane. Change your mask every couple of hours at the maximum- as you breathe and moisten the mask, it can act like a wick and actually pull particles from the air into itself. Who cares if you get looks. I got so tired of getting sick on business trips I wore masks on planes all the time and my colds and other garbage dropped off dramatically. In Asia, it's the norm- walk down any street in China or Japan and people are in masks- because they're ill and need to work, or work with someone who is ill. Forget pride. Protect yourself and others.

Safe travels and good health to you!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

I have recently been doing a little research regarding the use of Hydrogen Peroxide. It has been used very safely by an estimated 15,000 European doctors, naturopaths and homeopaths on more than 10 million patients successfully in treating virtually every disease. It is apparently effective against parasites... Also it is very effective in preventing viruses as a oxygenated environment can not be inhabited by viruses - Louis Pasteur the French Chemist stated "The microbe is nothing. The terrain is everything."

The best source of information I can recommend on this is a book by Madison Cavanaugh "The One-Minute Cure: The Secret
to Healing Virtually All Diseases"

You need 35% Food grade Hydrogen peroxide but should not be taken undiluted. To start off with you need to add 3 drops to a 6-8 ounces distilled water and taken 3 times, next day 4 drops to 6-8 ounces distilled water 3 times, 3rd day 5 drops, 4th day 6 drops and so on. Although the book is extremely thorough.

Peace

Yumi

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by yumipix

H2O2 can be highly effective against microbes, if they are, for example, anaerobic bacteria, as the oxygen will kill them. If you have an aerobic bacterial infection, though, adding a lot of oxygen will fuel it, just like gas on a fire. I would get a sputum sample and a diagnosis before using this treatment, in order to make sure you're treating the right bug.

Also- HP can degrade cel membranes, allowing for easy entry by bugs. Use it thoughtfully, with a great deal of research. It causes a flood of free radicals in the body in the form of O2- and that can interrupt mitochondrial cycles- like simple cellular respiration (metabolism) and pull a lot of what you need out of your system- along with the bad. If you use it, be sure to take free radical quenchers, like Vitamins E and CoEnzyme Q10, A, C, etc.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Hmmm obviously I still have a bit of research to do

Thank you for that information, this is why I love ATS. Yes I am learning as much as I can before I begin the protocol myself.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Yummi-

I'm a life-long biochemist and worked with infectious agents for many years. I hope I didn't sound like I was refuting your efforts or your post- it's fantastic to know there are so many alternatives to mainstream medicine (and it's why I left the labs!). I got tired of seeing pharmas and gov drop millions or billions on research topics that help no one. So I'm still a researcher- i just do it on my own terms- w/o grants, etc.

The H2O2 "cure" has been around a long time, which is why I am familiar with it. I want you to know it does and can work on certain illnesses- you just need to be careful. If you ever want to message me I'll send you papers, etc., and explain whatever I can.

I, too, am new to the forum, and I think it's an amazing collection of people who THINK and don't just have knee-jerk responses to anything. I take tremendous joy in learning from people here and I hope I can contribute something. I'm posting anything I know that MIGHT help- and that's the goal, right? To find alternatives to toxins, control, "gun-point" medicine. Remember your body is YOURS and don't take crap from anyone if you make decisions about it. Keep up the research- I look forward to learning from you.

Be well!

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

CultureD....thanks again for the info.

I also had the flu in February....lasted about 3 weeks for me, and even lingered a bit after that (the cough). I also had one in October (they never miss me!). This flu has been very very different to those flus, at least for me.

ETA...just saw your post re air travel...ITA...in fact, I came down with the flu in October and the one in February within days of air travel and I'm sure that's how I got them.

[edit on 12-5-2009 by phoenixs1]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Phoenixs- You're obviously intelligent and sel-aware. Keep following your instincts about travel, your own health, etc. The more honest we are- the more we share, and the more info we have- the safer we can be.

I hope you stay well- and thank you for the great discussion .

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join