It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible Close up UFO snapped over the Thames river London UK, photos

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Close up UFO snapped over Thames river .

Found this story here macedoniaonline.eu...
It is basically about someone who was taking some pictures of London at night and caught what appears to be a ufo like object in more than one photo .I am not sure what to make of it as you would expect a reflection not to show on the second picture like that .Any ideas welcome.

A student was left shocked when she checked her tourist snaps of the London skyline - and spotted what looks like a flying saucer.

University Of Exeter academic Karolina-Slavka Mueller was in London for the weekend, when she took some shots with her camera phone of the sights.

But when she looked back at the January 19 night time pictures of Tower Bridge and the London Eye, she was shocked to see an apparent UFO.
And experts claim it is the real thing.

Karolina said in an email: "What's very strange about this is the fact that we didn't actually see this object in the sky while I was taking the photos.

"I only discovered it once I loaded the photos onto my computer as I didn't even look at the photos until then."

The images - taken around 3.50am - were taken eight minutes apart as Karolina and two pals drove through Central London.

The apparent UFO is at an angle and appears to emit a mysterious blue light.
Karolina added: "None of us can come up with a reasonable answer to what this might have been.

"One of my friends, the driver, has grown up in London and he can't find a reasonable answer.

"He says he's never seen anything like it and that there definitely isn't any building in this area that could look like this."

UFO experts have been left scratching their heads over the sighting.
Editor, cameraman and UFO researcher Chris Martin said: "I was looking for evidence that these have been fabricated.

"I couldn't find any evidence. It's unprecedented because she produced three pictures, which seems to show it's flying.
"My own evaluation is that these photographs are genuine and have not been digitally manipulated or hoaxed."

He added: "These photos are, in my opinion as a UFO researcher, absolutely astounding and show a real object seemingly under intelligent control.

"This is a classic flying saucer-shaped UFO."

A Ministry of Defence spokesperson did not comment on the sighting, saying: "The MoD examines reports solely to establish whether UK airspace may have been compromisedby hostile or unauthorised military activity.

"

Another news piece on this sighting here, www.freerepublic.com... also here www.ufonewswatch.com... and here. www.unexplainable.net...

[edit on 10-5-2009 by tarifa37]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
This subject has already been discussed here;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think the general concensus was,that this was some kind of reflection on the inside of the windscreen,but i am not sure it has been thoroughly explained.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I'm going to go to a length to say that's a impossible reflection, 2 pictures two extremely different locations "same" camera.

What I won't rule out and I more than likely could pull up in paintshop pro is that it is most definitely a fake.

=\

Object is consistent in alignment in both pictures.

Also, she needs a new camera.

That one must of ran her 10$. =|

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Revolution-2012]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by scobro

Sorry and Thanks, this was coming up as a new news report on goggle.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

No problem!!

It can be hard to keep track of every single thing on ATS,and sometimes i think the search function can be less than helpful!

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

Looks like typical phone camera quality to me.And the fact it was not noticed at the time that the pictures were taken leads me to think maybe a reflection of some sort.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
People may be a little too quick with their judgment. I say the verdict is still out for me.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Hehehe Love ya Slayer69....but ya made me do it.

I'm going to overlap the two pictures, and show you just how similar they are.

You'd expect with a different position of the car the light would reflect differently on the object. but no, it doesn't

=(

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

That's cool.
Every single one needs to be either debunked or it goes into the ever growing
"Truly unidentified" Folder.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

If my memory serves me correctly, this was shown to be the reflection in the window of the speedometer of a current model Mini.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
i43.tinypic.com...

theres your candy!

=D

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Bingo.
That's the ticket. Case Closed!

Now it goes into the "recycle bin"

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sam60

Nice CALL!

That is a spedometer!

=D

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sam60

If my memory serves me correctly, this was shown to be the reflection in the window of the speedometer of a current model Mini.

You could be right .

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Yes, 15 month old case and still people are talking is it fake or not (in You-tube):

www.youtube.com...

I read somewhere that many english people think there is alien life etc. So Thames-ufo is something they like very very much..

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
The idea that is a reflection really seems silly to me, it just does not have the characteristics of a reflection.

A cleverly done fake seems to be the more possible of ideas behind this photo, it just looks too "Hollywood" taken right out of the movies.
But the more I look at it in photoshop it seems to be perfect with the background environment.

With how common cameras are on cell phones, hand held video game devices, and digital cameras I would think there would be more people who captured and saw this object.

When you really stare at it for a few, the distance of the object becomes un clear almost like its actually a lot closer then it may seem.

Maybe something on the windshield like a gash in the glass?

Also kind of looks like a blimp.

The lowness is what gets me in the 2nd photo compared to the building it just looks extremely low to me.

Who knows it could be real, could be something mundane.
Could be faked on propose, and could be a simple mistaken identity.

It's just hard to believe no one else has come forth and talked about seeing this as this is a very very high traffic area and if it's something not on the windshield it is so blatantly visible.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by hande

No UFOs in Finland?
How sad.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pop_science
The idea that is a reflection really seems silly to me, it just does not have the characteristics of a reflection.

Umm I'd have to totally disagree, it's really an OBVIOUS reflection, even the angle looks too silly for an ufo, and in both pictures there is no change!

Also in one of the pictures the object is in front of a pole!

It's a reflection 100%

Also it's blatanly visable, because that's what happens when it's dark outside, and you have a light inside, any light in the car will reflect easily on the window.

When your inside a house you can barely see through the window when you have a light on and it's dark outside, you see the reflection of the room and your face.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Funny, opened MOD-files shows there was ufo over parliament house (London) Febryary 2008, almost same time with OP-Thames-ufo .
ufoblogger.blogspot.com...

Latest British Ministry of Defence UFO dossier : UFO spotted over British parliament in 2008, The report of the House of Commons sighting — on February 12 — reveals: “There was a craft that had green, red and white lights.“It was still and static in the sky. It was seen for about an hour and a half

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/15a589db93b5.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 10-5-2009 by hande]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   

The world's biggest speedo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join