It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are allnewsweb.com hurting the credibility of ufology?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by --1

BTW ...Just a few threads up is one on Aliens eating 200,000 children per year in the US....and it is being taken seriously. Are we really hurting the credibility of Ufology????

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Start by showing me ONE thing that is actually HELPING the credibility. Then we'll go from there.

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by contemplator
Start by showing me ONE thing that is actually HELPING the credibility. Then we'll go from there.

How about actually revealing a genuine assesment of the situation? Not the same old outdated version. Whats hurting the credibility of Ufology is hardly ANW but say threads like that one of that vile wax model stuck in a trap: like aliens came all the way here to get stuck in traps.

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
deleted...duplicate

[edit on 20-7-2009 by --1]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Walking The Walk

reply to post by --1

Sorry if it looks like I'm stalking you, but you're the one who brought up the Dorothy Izatt thread, are using it as an argument against another member, and making unsubstantiated claims both here and in that thread to boot.

If you want to use that thread as an example, I do recommend actually reading it, because your own commentary there strongly suggests you have not.

To be blunt, if you're going to criticize other members for deficiencies in their "logical capacity" and call for the study of UFOs from a "purely rational perspective", I think you owe it to those you criticize to, at the very least, not exemplify much greater deficiencies and actually apply more reason to your own investigations.

Please, practice what you preach.

[edit on 7/20/2009 by Majic]

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by --1

How about actually revealing a genuine assesment of the situation?

Sure, let's do that ...

Remember stealing/plagiarizing this content from me without crediting ATS?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Surely you must as one of your friends posted a duplicate thread where he was told of the translation.

And then it shows up on your site:

www.--.com...

Genuine enough?

posted on Jul, 20 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
ANW is like the Globe or some other tabloid newspaper.......Garbage.

Yes I do also think they hurt credibility

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

Originally posted by --1

How about actually revealing a genuine assesment of the situation?

Sure, let's do that ...

Remember stealing/plagiarizing this content from me without crediting ATS?

Surely you must as one of your friends posted a duplicate thread where he was told of the translation.

And then it shows up on your site:

www.--.com...

Genuine enough?

As I have explained, I think, by email: This translation was sent to me by a reader and I had no way of knowing it was 'plagiarized'. I had no way of knowing it was not actually done by the reader himself.

BTW this is seriously petty, even after my site was banned from this site, for instance, articles have been posted here....I havent complained even where in some cases I lost tens of thousands of clicks.

But either ways, thanks for the translation now that you have informed me.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by --1]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Overload

That simply shows how much you and, in fact, the guy that started this thread know (none of which I blame either of you for)

Heres the reality:

There is a very, very, very big secret that some-one or a few government departments are hiding from humanity.

That big secret (and it really is big) seriously involves ETs

Beyond that little if anything that the UFO community talks about has an iota of truth to it.

All News Web is not claiming to be 'the only' organisation that is at least scratching the surface of 'the big secret' but we are the only group publishing stories about it.

We get away with it because we are 'lightweight'.

Others know the secret and let me just say that MUFON knows more about UFOs than it is in a position to ever reveal.

Precisely because it is all so secret it hard to reveal sources but I can only say that time might well vindicate much of what we write regarding the overall situation.

This much I can tell you as fact: Only one race really interacts with earth, they come from Andromeda and we are essentially their PROPERTY>

Mike Cohen

[edit on 21-7-2009 by --1]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Wow you actually found out about a UFO sighting in April. Congratulations !
FYI : Sarthe is not a town.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by nablator

^^True story that
Its a department, not a town.

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I personally liek AllNewsWeb. It provides me endless amounts of comical entertainment, and constantly reminds me what is wrong with this subject at large and why people laugh at us all the time. But is nice to see even the die hard believers understands who things like this make us look, and they are willing to step up to the plate and call a spade a spade.

[edit on 21-7-2009 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by --1

Ah...I just broke a massive story from France that is going to be huge....no one has written a thing in English about it in any forum and you can contact french UFOLOGY groups to confirm it.

sorry , no pictures , no police reports

= it didn't happen

ANW is the first media outlet to report it....and if it turns out to be genuine I think I am owed some form of apology by some on this forum.

and if it turns out to be nothing but a rumor or a fake story will you apologize to any one here at ATS ?

i doubt it

and nobody owes you an apology for anything, you have been caught Red handed faking stories and stealing content from here. in my opinion you owe the World an Apology for subjecting us to your tomfoolery and lies !

No doubt if it is verified it will be posted here from another source and ANW will NOT be credited (hardly an incentive to bother with original research!-make a point of not crediting where credit is due)

see this is exactly what's wrong with you !

all you care about is getting credit for something and how many hits you get on your joke of a website and it's very obvious to many that you are just a attention getter and will post anything wether it's a fake story or not.......

and we already know that you can't be bothered with research because if you did you would not have posted the majority of the crap that is on your site.

'Light ships' are a figament of your imagination

you obviously do not even know what a real ufo is and i would love to educate you on this subject but i fear you will just steal my words and post it on your site and claim your supposed sycho abilities have solved the mystery...

and your "massive story" from France is about a "sphere of light"..

which is by the way , what Dorothy Izatt has captured on camera and you are calling it a Hoax and have offered ZERO evidence to back up what your claiming...

and we are suppose to believe your "sphere of light" story, which you have NO EVIDENCE ! ...... but not a story such as Izatt's that has Tons of evidence.....

hypocrite

: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs

ANW Home Office and Star Reporter....

[edit on 21-7-2009 by easynow]

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The simple fact the easynow and I agree on anything speaks volumes. If he told me the sky was blue, I'd tell him it is green. But on this, the planets aligned and we agree.

History has been made here today, folks. 40 years ago we landed on the moon, and on this day IgnoreTheFacts and Easynow aren't taking shots at each other.

I am having the thought I need to fo find balance and bring it back into the universe, Easynow, I will go visit a thread where we can go back to disagreeing now, lol.....

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by --1

Ok mister big insider....

First off, your hand has been caught in the cookie jar. For a news reporter, that is BAD.

I see your credibility rolling faster and faster down hill.

I'm sure I would get the same response from a reporter from the Globe or Star. When you tabloid has headlines like these...

This just in..........Jessica Simpson has an alien baby and the father is really Donald Trump.......or course....from unconfirmed sources.

Your site is a Joke.....Still waiting on that disclosure from France....and will be waiting forever.

Making unsubstantiated claims is what you do, its what your BS site is about, gettin the clicks is all thats important to you...obviously.

Heck of an image easynow...lol

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

no doubt , it's easy for us to agree on the subject matter of this thread and you would probably be surprised to find out that i agree with many of your viewpoints on the current state of ufology. i think we need to find some way of getting rid of the B.S. like we are discussing here and stop it from happening again....i am sure you will agree ?

so Yes this is a good day for both of us ! and i look forward to more discussions with you on this subject.

reply to post by Overload

Heck of an image easynow...lol

thanks... i think it's a perfect match !

these would look good on ANW don't you think ?

lanceballance.files.wordpress.com...
animoscrypt.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I tried to find some evidence about the story in Sarthe, France. It comes from the chat box of a ufo forum, and was written by an anonymous poster. There was no confirmation by anyone else. The mayor of the nearest village was asked, he never heard about the event. The story is full of holes and doesn't make much sense. (The sphere was still there next evening while the police was holding a conference, witnesses didn't talk to journalists, ...)

If you read french :
www.forum-ovni-ufologie.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Note to Mods: I have been given specific permission by Bill Irvine to defend my website

Look, I don't expect to win you over in this debate and am not sure why I bother.
Your post contains serious flaws....as does your logic

Firstly my story on the French UFO incident did not claim to be backed by photo's and police reports and stated at the end that it was up to readers to email French UFO organizations for more details.

As such it might have happened or might not have. Absence of proof is not proof of absence. I did not claim it was more than it was.

On the other hand Dorothy Izzat's claims contains many feet of footage: This leaves two options. Either it is a deliberate hoax or it is real (there is a slight chance it is someone tricking Dorothy).

Here is why it cannot be real and why YOU not ME are the problem with ufology:

If indeed aliens were visiting Dorothy every other day in a manner that she could get a camera and film them, well why are we even talking. Why don't or didn't we all just go down and witness light ships and Dorothy's. In fact why didn't the entire world just go and settle the UFO question at Dorothy's?

If indeed she had the experiences you believe she did she would be a person of immense interest to all sorts of departments: not merely the subject of a c-grade documentary spruiked on the Internet.

Sadly your lack of understanding has you believe that this is a first-rate documentary involving 'proof' by 'experts'. It isn't. I doubt I can cure that problem.

That's right, advanced aliens constantly engage with this lady and it ends up in nothing more than a low-grade documentary.

It's the old 'that which is totally elusive to you is an everyday event to me' trick.

None of the footage is vaguely convincing. In saying that I do not dismiss outright the possibility that Dorothy might have been visited by aliens and plan to look into this further.

Now to ANW:

I have made peace with the fact that aliens who ARE visiting earth DO NOT want humans (outside of a very small group) to have proof of their visits. I happen to believe (if not know) that they are capable of all sorts of techniques to avoid this happening, including mind-control (Yes really).

Therefore I do not bother looking for non-existant photographic proof or even police reports. What I look for is sightings that fit into a pattern that gels with what I have discovered to be the 'current situation'. The vast majority of sightings reported in ANW did occur and I could prove it. Most are based on multiple unconnected witnesses ringing local news stations and police.
The fact that American ufology doesn't take an interest in them simply shows how far up the garden path YOU have been led. This doesn't mean they never happened and with a few exceptions where I DID GET IT WRONG most of the stories are fact. Just not fact that fits into your cosy little, rather sad delusions.

[edit on 22-7-2009 by mikecohen1]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join