It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Put away your crosses already

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Osmoses
reply to post by watchtheashes

Personally, I cant wait for god to come and take all the good xians away to heaven, chuck all the bad ones into hell and the rest of us can get on with our lives and build a better future without dogmatic (and almost universally pessimistic) monotheists.

Hear, Hear! I too cannot wait for this. with all of them believing it, Project Blue Beam should go off without a hitch, and they all can go to "heaven." They are to be pitied, for they know not what they do. I have tired many times to bring truth to the religious types about their "Book," all to no avail. I just wish they all would actually read it, instead of taking passages out at random and trying to prove a point with them only. They see not what the stories came from, originally, and how the similarities of their various dogma bear out the they alien/UFO thing. They would have you think they are the Lost Tribe, and the only thing lost is their minds.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma why don't both of you get over yourselves, a true christian loves the jewish people. as for us beating on sticks if not for the jew, i could switch around a few races and say the same thing but that would be considered racist. what makes you so special? isreal and his descendants are the apple of God's eye, act like it!
and stop whinning
you're right this is 2009 we should be above this petty nonsense and look at us. what the heck, i'm hitting "reply".

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

The UN is in on this thing too.

It exists solely for that purpose.
We are supposed to be a government by The People. When did The People mandate the U.S. to create or join a UN? Never. So now we have a counterfeit government who, of course will bring about a forced counterfeit religion.
Within its own documents are the statements that internationalism is a religion. So much for separation of church and state. They can just use a different name than "church" and go right ahead and promote their religion full blast. Know this, it is a religion that worships death, the more the better. So once your wonderful religion is in place, then the serious killing can start. Who better to kill first than anyone who does not accept internationalism, better known as communism.
People who like the new system will think it OK if the nonconformists are done away with, not realizing they are next. Once the resisters are done away with, the new overloads can butcher you at their leisure.
Oh, its for the good of the Earth, don't you know. The polar bears need ice and we are hogging up resources, so march yourself off to the nearest sacrifice facility to drench the earth with your blood.
So keep on demonizing Christians because the "Lords" know they are the only ones who will resist.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

The symbol of the cross predates Christianity. The Egyptians had the ankh, which is a form of the cross. The cross is not a Christian only symbol.

Jesus was nailed on a T frame, not the cross that is depicted by Christianity.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
First off, Jesus IS an idol. He is constantly saying it is not him that does these things, but the father that is within him. But yet, you worship Jesus the idol as if he was god. Jesus was not god in the way Christians portray him at all. The father is within him. He is also within you and everyone else.

How quickly people forget/ignore that Jesus says things like - all that I do can you also do. Meaning, all that is true of him is also true of you.

But noooo, instead of understanding these things Jesus is worshipped as god. Jesus is taught to be everything you are not. And why? So that someday someone can come along and play that role for you.

Why? Because of Paul. Who btw praises Jesus the idol over and over. Yet while Pauls writings make up nearly 50% of the "new" testament, and your "new" religion since the time of Jesus(hint), he quotes Jesus a total of 1 time. Outside of that Paul is all about "Praise Jesus and the Lord", now do this.

I see mentions that not all Christians are Catholics. FALSE. All christian religions are based on the catholic church. All of them accept Paul and his appeal to worldly authorities. The ONLY form of christianity that doesn't meet this would be the gnostics. You can give yourself new names, change a thing here or there, but your history is the same. Doesn't mean you personally are going to be held responsible, and such. But there isn't much denying the history there.

Christianity is the religion about Jesus, rather than the religion of Jesus. If you followed Jesus, then you would be of his religion, of his way. Not in the religion that came after his death, which he warns about that is ABOUT him, and is based on the worship of his idol.

Jesus was a Jew who came to show the world the proper way to follow the commandments and to give people an understanding on how to do that. Christianity has taken that and turned him into an idol to worship and the people are told he did those things so you don't have too. You condemn yourselves to believe this rather than following the example.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia you have it all wrong, i have come to the conclusion that you can't change a person's mind. they have to do it themselves. if you really want to know the bible read it, God sent jesus to fullfill the prophacies that were predicted in the old testiment and account for our sins because he was a part of God himself and was the only sacrifice that was pure enough to take away the worlds sins.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by echodogene
reply to post by badmedia you have it all wrong, i have come to the conclusion that you can't change a person's mind. they have to do it themselves. if you really want to know the bible read it, God sent jesus to fullfill the prophacies that were predicted in the old testiment and account for our sins because he was a part of God himself and was the only sacrifice that was pure enough to take away the worlds sins.

Sorry, I'm not satanic. I don't believe in sacrificing truth and purity so that those who are not may live.

In the way you present it, Jesus becomes a sacrifice of the truth so that the lie of this world may live.

Furthermore, I know the father myself and don't need a bible to tell me these things. The father taught me the path, and I recognize that path in Jesus and I recognize the father within Jesus.

The bible isn't the word of god, it has become a replacement for it among those who don't understand.

If what you say was true, then Jesus would have told the rich man to just wait until he was dead and believe. But that isn't what Jesus told the rich man. He told the rich man he must walk the path.

Are you saying Jesus lied to the rich man? It is easier to get a camel through the eye of a needle than a rich man into heaven. And yet, according to you and the church, this rich man just needs to accept Jesus?

Why is it that when asked of the commandments, Jesus doesn't say - accept me as your Lord and savior? He says love god with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself.

Oh, and let me guess - just gotta have faith? Sorry, but that isn't what the father says AT ALL. In fact, he says exactly the opposite of that.

www.biblegateway.com...

Proverbs 8

17I love them that love me; and those that seek me early shall find me.

18Riches and honour are with me; yea, durable riches and righteousness.

19My fruit is better than gold, yea, than fine gold; and my revenue than choice silver.

20I lead in the way of righteousness, in the midst of the paths of judgment:

21That I may cause those that love me to inherit substance; and I will fill their treasures.

22The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.

Sorry, but rather than being ignorant and just accepting what people say, I sought the father early, I found him. And he filled my treasures. Hate me for it, deny it of me, or whatever. I do not care.

You have to live on faith because you are blind and lack understanding. Plain and simple. And not to say you are doomed about it, and not to say you will go to "hell" for it. It means you are poor in spirit, and so you are still blessed. Because when the truth and understanding comes to you as it has to me, then you will understand for yourself and accept it. Just as I have.

Until that day, you will continue to walk on in darkness and without understanding. You will continue to live in the lie.

Maybe someday you will start to realize that christianity is a new religion since the time of Jesus, in his name, and that it carried out all the prophecies warned about. Until then, I suppose you will keep pointing fingers at anything else which appears "new" to you, while looking at every other religion as being false other than your own.

Matthew 7

28And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

29For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

But you would tell me I am not the one with authority, you would tell me the scribes(the bible) is that with authority. Sorry, but as I know the truth, I can also recognize when someone is telling me lies. Unfortunate because I'm sure you actually believe what you have accepted.

Follow Jesus and find out the religion of Jesus, rather than the religon about Jesus. He warns you directly, but you do not hear.

Obviously there is still sin in this world, so the death of Jesus did not wash it away. The only thing that will wash away this world of sin is for you to actually do what he says, and follow his example. When the world is no longer blind and lives by this, then and only then will this world be free of sin.

The father is within, but you tell me to look in the bible and outward. Such is the blind trying to lead the blind. I am not blind, I will not.

Some of you are in for a rude awakening.

www.biblegateway.com...

1God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

2How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

3Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

5They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

8Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

How much longer will you keep accepting what men tell you? How much longer will you accept it because someone called a book the word of god? How much longer will you accept the wicked? Because those who just accept will not understand, and they will walk on in darkness.

Please, don't ever ask me to accept rather than understand again. I am a son of god and I know it. I don't accept wooden nickels.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by badmedia]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

And how was Christianity formed?
Oh thats right....by the founder of Catholiscisms' directives -Emperor Constantine.:bnghd:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

Religion is indeed the opiate of the masses as is the mass media. I however have been trying to say that I only follow the teachings of Jesus Christ the promised Messiah, and the Old Testament. Not any dogmatic Church doctrines that the corrupt Catholics came up with.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

You do realize the whole premise of the New Testament is just what you are arguing against right? Only through a perfect man ( thus only God could do it through His Son) can sin be abolished forever. He gave up His life as a ransom to become the unblemished Lamb of God for all peoples. So that we may also have eternal life and Resurrection into Paradise. Like God originally intended for Adam and Eve to have.

Since Adam brought sin in, the Last Adam Jesus Christ had to take it out.

Make sense?

Its not out, because only through His undeserved forgiveness can we be saved and the end is not yet, but nigh. He does have a Second Coming scheduled you know. His whole doctrines were the Kingdom Of God on Earth that would be coming and the End Times before it.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

And how may I ask would you follow this doctrine if Constantine didn't allow the collaborted biblical texts in the first instance. If it wasn't for this, and the fact the his empire could profit from a more controlled and sanctioned view, you and all Christians alike would not even had an inkling of who Jesus was, or the he ever existed.
Do you think that discoveries of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Scrolls at Nag Hammadi, the gospel of Thomas would have been familiar territory.
I dont think so, the fame that Jesus enjoys worldwide is a direct result of Catholiscism.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

These same Catholics are now getting rid of the use of the Divine Name and saying aliens are coming and are our space and "cosmic brothers."

I've had my own experience with God.

Put away any doubt He is not there and He will be revealed to you. That does not mean have blind faith, but rather if you have faith enough you will surely know He is there. Seeing is not believing for me.

Matthew 16:4 "An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign; and a sign will not be given it, except the sign of Jonah." And He left them and went away."

That means this prophetic last generation (God won't let us clone humans on a massive scale trust me) seeks after signs and wonders. That will be this generations downfall. He also said the generation that witnessed the Re-birth of Israel will be the one to see His return.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchtheashes

You do realize the whole premise of the New Testament is just what you are arguing against right? Only through a perfect man ( thus only God could do it through His Son) can sin be abolished forever. He gave up His life as a ransom to become the unblemished Lamb of God for all peoples. So that we may also have eternal life and Resurrection into Paradise. Like God originally intended for Adam and Eve to have.

Since Adam brought sin in, the Last Adam Jesus Christ had to take it out.

Make sense?

Its not out, because only through His undeserved forgiveness can we be saved and the end is not yet, but nigh. He does have a Second Coming scheduled you know. His whole doctrines were the Kingdom Of God on Earth that would be coming and the End Times before it.

Let me give you the big picture here. Man takes from the tree of knowledge. To know both good and evil. Because you are now evil, you are removed from the garden to protect the rest of life in the universe(s) that is not evil.

So you are put onto this planet in quarantine. While here you will experience both good and evil so that you can learn the difference.

The commandments are given to the people. These are misunderstood and hypocrisy follows. People think their actions are justified and they are doing the "lords work" if they kill the man who killed. What they forget is "vengence is mine sayeth the Lord". Thus, they were not justified in their actions, and when you kill the man who kills, it is seen as 2 sins. Not just one.

Thus, enter in Jesus. And Jesus isn't the only one, but for our culture Jesus is easiest to understand. Jesus comes to fulfill the law and bring understanding of it. So that by his example, maybe, just maybe you might believe in him and follow that example.

If you follow the example and live by the commandments, then you have made the wise choice, and you can then enter back into the garden/heavens.

This universe/creation works on you reap what you sow, karma or however you want to look at it. I can even show you exactly how this universe works and why Jesus called it a "path". It is this same path that the father taught me. It does NOT matter if you give lip service to Jesus or whatever, what matters are your actions. Because your choices and actions determine your path.

Thus, to believe Jesus washes away your sins and all you have to do is believe in his idol is a satanic lie of sacrifice. Designed in order to keep people from walking the path and to keep them ignorant of the understanding.

The father taught me that the idols and such are not important at all. And Jesus even talks about this with gold and alters. It is the message and understanding that is important.

To worship Jesus as god is to worship a false idol. Jesus says over and over it is not him, but the father within that does these things. And that if you know him, then you know the father - because the father is again the one who does these things. For me it is the reverse, I was obviously not alive when Jesus walked the earth. But I do know the father, and I recognize the father within him, just as he says. But there is only 1 father.

Forgiveness is only gained when you "repent". Which means you actually fix the mistake(sin). If you keep on doing the mistake over and over, then you NEVER asked for forgiveness, you asked for a blind eye. Forgiveness is automatically given the moment you truly change you way. Why? Is it because Jesus is so forgiving? NO. It is because at that moment the mistake is not something you will do, and so you immediately start walking the correct path. Thus what you sow will immediately change and what you reap will also follow behind it.

Here are 2 posts that explain why it is an actual path. And guess what? Giving lip service to Jesus and such doesn't change your actions, only walking the path does.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the kind of understanding and wisdom the father gives. A personal relationship with god doesn't mean reading a bible, nor does it mean god is going to sit around and read the bible to you. The father does not give as this world does, the above posts were never given to me in words.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Put away any doubt He is not there and He will be revealed to you. That does not mean have blind faith, but rather if you have faith enough you will surely know He is there. Seeing is not believing for me.

Why must you use this forum as an outlet to try and convert others, too many deaf ears for your personal work perhaps?
I find your constant reference to dogmatic feelings, rather than facts, both neusiating and pathetically boring.
Its great that you hae made a spiritual choice, but get over your own pompousness and realize that not everyone surrenders to blind faith.
Blaind faith you say? Yes, If you would spent as much time researching the history of your faitht, rather than trying to convert people to something that you've not even attempted logically deduction upon; I have no respect for your opinion-bible bashers are all the same. Good day.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

While here you will experience both good and evil so that you can learn the difference.

The fact that you are born into an evil world does not bring about understanding of what goodness is.
Moses put in place the Law to try to instill into the people a discernment of right and wrong. That system was not successful enough and had to be replaced by a new one, instituted by Jesus. His success allowed him to be given the authority to implement it by sending the Holy Spirit.
Besides, we were not put on this planet to learn a lesson. We are just God's fulfillment of His promise that though they would die, their progeny would continue on.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

While here you will experience both good and evil so that you can learn the difference.

The fact that you are born into an evil world does not bring about understanding of what goodness is.
Moses put in place the Law to try to instill into the people a discernment of right and wrong. That system was not successful enough and had to be replaced by a new one, instituted by Jesus. His success allowed him to be given the authority to implement it by sending the Holy Spirit.
Besides, we were not put on this planet to learn a lesson. We are just God's fulfillment of His promise that though they would die, their progeny would continue on.

You MUST be born into an evil world, because if you were born good, then you would never accept the evil, and thus never learn the difference. This is what people call original sin.

You couldn't possibly understand hot if you did not also understand cold. You could be hot, you could be cold. But the only way understanding of those things comes is by experiencing both. Same is true of good and evil. You could be either good or evil, but you would be ignorant until you experienced and understood both.

Thus, the "tree of knowledge"...

Jesus himself says he didn't come to change the laws, but to fulfill them. Meaning to bring understanding to them and leads by example.

Laws don't change, god doesn't change. Only man's understanding changes. And just believing that some idol being killed somehow magically washes away your sins is hardly a sign of understanding.

How much longer will you keep accepting the wicked of this world rather than seeking understanding?

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   

And just believing that some idol being killed somehow magically washes away your sins is hardly a sign of understanding.
Believing, in itself does not do anything. That is just an outward indication of your inner nature. There is not a process of salvation that a person goes through. When Paul says, "You are saved by faith." he means that we understand the fact of our salvation through spiritual eyes that see the unseen. It is foreordained who will be saved and who will not.
Again, we were not put here to develop our souls into a condition that can be saved. We are born to inherit the earth and God knows His sheep.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

And just believing that some idol being killed somehow magically washes away your sins is hardly a sign of understanding.
Believing, in itself does not do anything. That is just an outward indication of your inner nature. There is not a process of salvation that a person goes through. When Paul says, "You are saved by faith." he means that we understand the fact of our salvation through spiritual eyes that see the unseen. It is foreordained who will be saved and who will not.
Again, we were not put here to develop our souls into a condition that can be saved. We are born to inherit the earth and God knows His sheep.

So I guess Jesus was a liar when he said those who truly believe will walk the path. I guess Jesus was a liar when he said if you try to save yourself(physically) then you do the opposite. After all, what does it matter, it's all predetermined right.

I guess Jesus just felt like wasting his time and felt like screwing around with that rich man when he tells him to go give away his riches. Woohoo, it's that prankster Jesus and god at it again. Because all the while, it was already decided for that man.

I guess Jesus was wrong and lied when he said you must be born again. I guess he just felt like confusing the crap outta people when he describes that in John 14.

:shk:

And btw, I notice you use Paul words to state Jesus is a liar. Coincidence? Don't think so.

But hey, let me know when you make up your mind. Is it predetermined, or did Jesus need to come because the previous system didn't work? Afterall, if it was predetermined, then why is any system needed? If it's predetermined, then obviously the first system would have been fine.

I HATE ignorance. And I refuse to believe anything of the father is filled with this much ignorance.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by badmedia]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I would just like to say that Jesus is the Son of God and the anointed one for humanity and not an idol. He did what He did so that we may be brought back to Paradise on Earth and The Kingdom Of God. Your perception makes sense to me though. I understand what your are saying. I believe God exists without time as well. I don't want to sound forceful but I can't help thinking about New Age beliefs when you put out the ideas. The Anti-Christ will be a New Age teacher....so it strikes a chord.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:53 PM
link   

But hey, let me know when you make up your mind. Is it predetermined, or did Jesus need to come because the previous system didn't work? Afterall, if it was predetermined, then why is any system needed? If it's predetermined, then obviously the first system would have been fine.
This man asked Jesus what he could do in order to inherit eternal life. Jesus did not go into an explanation of how to be a better person but told him, "you already know". When pressed, Jesus told him to do something that he knew would reveal the man for what he was. He was willing to do the things he had already been doing, as a matter of culture. What Jesus was asking for was evidence that he had something in his heart, which apparently he did not.
Jesus was saying the saved will walk the path. He was not saying the ones who make it to the end of the path will be saved. Jesus sets a path but he knows there will be people who will not even head into the direction to the opening gate. The gate is there and those who are his sheep will enter in.
The old system is not good enough because the end of the world is at hand and God has opened the gate wider, to take in as many as possible before the storm hits.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join