It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope calls for cooperation between Christians and Muslims

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Pope calls for cooperation between Christians and Muslims

www.latimes.com

Pope Benedict XVI, speaking at a mosque in Amman, Jordan, also expresses concern about the discrimination that he says Christians and others face in Muslim nations such as Saudi Arabia and Iraq.

Reporting from Amman, Jordan -- Pope Benedict XVI on Saturday called on Christians and Muslims to serve mankind with the "light of God's truth" and warned that extremists in nations such as Iraq were exploiting religious differences for political and violent agendas.

"Tensions and divisions between the followers of different religious traditions, sadly, cannot be denied," said the pontiff, w
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.khaleejtimes.com

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Is it me or have we seen this scenario re played back in 2000, its very interesting to see how the Popes message is being splashed across the world at the same time Mr. Obama's speech in Egypt is being criticized as a useless effort to try and bring together two cultures. (link to Mr. Obama's visit to Egypt seattletimes.nwsource.com...)

Its way to obvious and everyone can see how they are all on a similar time frame on what role each world icon needs to do.
We are entering dangerous times and the stakes are high.

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I am not a fan of the Catholic religion.. but garsh!! I do have to admit to missing the last Pope. This one is too wishy washy! I do not usually judge based off of looks, but the current one does creep me out. *shudders*

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Well his past is very sketchy, way too many issues with his involvement and the Nazi, many elders across europe spoke out when he was elected as pope that he did collaborate with the germans during europes occupation. As far as the previous pope, well i was amazed to see the emblem on his coffin and the thrown emblem above the head which still resides till today. There are way too many shades of Gray around this person.

atheism.about.com...
www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Yes, considering all the chatter going on about his recent "suck up" episodes, I have done a bit of looking into his past. Something is just not right about this pope. Hopefully there are more Jewish, Muslims, and protestant Christians on the same side in the world today should he have a notion to get out of control.
The Catholics are one hell of a bunch. *bites nails nervously thinking about the inquisitions and crusades*

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

I would take that article about Obama with a grain of salt. No pun

Egypt's most powerful opposition group, the Muslim Brotherhood,

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I agree with you guys, obviously there is something at hand and most people and media are still focussed on the Swine flue. Its just that way too many reports about religious leaders and leaders trying to merge into a single body of understanding.

What history has shown us is that when religion filters its way into anything, then there is bound to be trouble in every direction.

new topics

top topics

join