It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan or the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Who is better at electronics? and inventing really cool cyborg stull

In Tanks, Choppers, Jets.......... the competition is against Russia

but in electronics Japan is truly amazing!

I was just interested what you think?

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think this shouldbe in chit-chat, seems boarder line.

I would say japan, makes the best electronics. We make best tanks, choppers, jets................

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
I would say japan, makes the best electronics.

Yes making the product, but not inventing it, I would say the best hardware and software engineering is actually based in the US and a few European countries; What the Japanese are good at, is the general process of analysing a technology specifically to ascertain how it was designed or how it operates to build a technology or make improvements to it, or to put it in layman's terms Reverse Engineering.

Some examples of this would be

1. The DVD, which was originally invented by Philips, based in The Netherlands, yet still we see must people purchasing Japanese models, i.e. Sharp, JVC and Mitsubishi.
2. Cars - We all know how reliable Japanese cars are, but must of the technology originates from the likes of the Formula One racing teams who are all based in the UK and other European Countries.
3. Other technologies are TV's, Mobile Phones, Hi-Fi systems....the list is endless.

It all comes down to reliability, which Japan excel at......but its mainly those few countries like the US, UK and other European countries that have the technical knowledge and skill to invent these products

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
yeah, to get on the band wagon here, the US is superior at the creation aspect - we have the money and the best group of minds inventing things. Japan does a superior job at making this technology practical - making it more affordable and reliable. Over all though, one couldn't really exist without the other - both countries are mutually dependent.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I agree with you too. Japan refinds ideas.

What if we would have never nuked them? They did basicaly start from scratch after the war right?

new topics

top topics

join